New Honda Motorcycles

moe666

In todays business section of the BangkokPost there was a short article about rolling out 7 new Honda models in the coming year. The engine size seemed to be around 250cc. Not a lot of detail of what, when or how.Moderators please change the heading to Honda Motorcycles, my spelling mistake

Edited by moe666

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems we will know on Tuesday. I wonder if the new Phantom will be 250cc?

Published: 6/01/2012 at 12:00 AM

Newspaper section: Business

Honda plans to bombard the Thai market with seven new motorcycle models in a one-day launch, the biggest ever in the history of the local industry.

The move is aimed at strengthening Honda's motorcycle market leadership and brand awareness and establishing Honda's Thai unit as a global motorcycle production hub.

The new models will be introduced by AP Honda, the local affiliate responsible for motorcycle distribution in Thailand, at Siam Paragon next Tuesday.

Suchart Arunsaengroj, the company's general manager for sales, would confirm only that "several" new Honda bikes will be introduced that day.

He would not specify the exact number nor the categories involved.

However, an industry source said the will be seven new models.

All of them will come with fuel injection engines and various engine capabilities up to 250cc, some of which will also be global products for export as well as local consumption.

"2012 will be the Year of the Honda Motorcycle, as product categories will cover the gamut of consumer needs and market segments," said the source.

Mr Suchart said some new models had been scheduled to debut last October, but the massive flooding forced a postponement.

"We just want to stimulate the market now that it's become bearish from last year's flood," said Mr Suchart.

The mass launch will be part of AP Honda's business plan announced in 2011 to introduce 12 new motorcycle models within three years.

Four models were launched separately earlier last year.

Honda motorcycles are produced by Thai Honda Manufacturing at its factory in Bangkok's Lat Krabang Industrial Estate, with output destined for domestic and foreign markets.

Thai Honda Manufacturing already produces the PCX scooter motorcycles and CBR 150 and 250 sport motorcycles mainly for Asean, Japan and Europe in addition to the domestic market.

The new global models will strengthen Thailand's position as a global production hub for the company.

AP Honda was the result of a merger 25 years ago between Honda's wholly owned Asian Honda Motor and the Phornprapha family's P Thailand Co.

The new entity has retained a 70% market share ever since.

At next Tuesday's mass launch, AP Honda president Chiaki Kato will announce an increase in local production capacity to satisfy demand both here and abroad.

Nothing about the new 125 cc engine that is supposed to be 30-40% more fuel efficient compared to in service ones, but maybe on Tuesday at the launch.

present pcx already does 50km/liter without using start/stop thing

now I was dreaming about a 250pcx with larger front brake

Edit sorry my memory failed me, its doing 40km/liter, thats 5 liter for every 200km on the trip. f-cking amazing anyway

At next Tuesday's mass launch, AP Honda president Chiaki Kato will announce an increase in local production capacity to satisfy demand both here and abroad.

Is it a public launch? Time?

Maybe lunch somewhere?

Nothing about the new 125 cc engine that is supposed to be 30-40% more fuel efficient compared to in service ones, but maybe on Tuesday at the launch.

Yep read about that a month or 2 ago, only now wonder as reading a couple of days ago the the Thai 125 cc engine is the new engine and will be the new 125cc global engine, so no idea now if there will be a all new 125 cc or not.

Edit: there again reading other post the present PCX 125 Fi is NO more fuel efficient than the Elegance 135 carb, so maybe there will be a all new 125 version from Honda..

Edited by ignis

Yep read about that a month or 2 ago, only now wonder as reading a couple of days ago the the Thai 125 cc engine is the new engine and will be the new 125cc global engine, so no idea now if there will be a all new 125 cc or not.

Edit: there again reading other post the present PCX 125 Fi is NO more fuel efficient than the Elegance 135 carb, so maybe there will be a all new 125 version from Honda..

I heard they may be doing a 125cc Click and 150cc PCX.

no way to run our elegance 135s at pcx fuel consumption, 3 bikes 2008 to 2011 models, steep Phuket hills and max speed 80kmh

not that I care, but out of interest I measured them 1.000km each, and elegance135 is like 35km/liter, while pcx is 40km/liter with start/stop diconnected. ad pcx larger fuel tank, and range is much longer, which I do care about

more powerfull and more thirsty is a 2yo suzuki step 125, like a rocket up the hills with its low auto gearing, but no range as it takes only a few liters

I heard they may be doing a 125cc Click and 150cc PCX.

150 cc PCX, hmm sounds interesting, but you haven't heard about the more fuel efficient engine? I can't really see how they can go much longer/km anyway.

All of them will come with fuel injection engines and various engine capabilities up to 250cc,

That's a bit disappointing.

How is that disappointing? That means at least 1 250cc... hopefully the CRF250. I'm excited!

I don't think it's the CRF250R mentioned above... the CRF250R is sweet but rather high end compared to what I'd expect for the CRF250 (without the R): 104kg wet weight, 13.2:1 compression ratio and over $7,000 in the US so would be well over 220,000 over here...

^^^ Fine mirror stalks to hang the Tesco-Low-tat bags off in fairness.

The CRF does look interesting, if it comes in with the CBR250 engine (more HP than the KLX) and the same price as the CBR. Bet that could be fun in BKK.

Edited by hehehoho

All of them will come with fuel injection engines and various engine capabilities up to 250cc,

That's a bit disappointing.

How is that disappointing?

With AP Honda's press releases about them entering the Big Bike market here, that their Big Bike wing is being prepared to open, that their factory has lines ready to begin production on Big Bikes it's disappointing to see that their official unveiling of 7 new models won't include anything above 250cc.

That's all. It's not taking anything away from the CRF.

CRF: upside down forks and then you put covers over them? Why not have forks the normal way round and not have to worry about getting muck in the forks? Following fashion is not always smart?

As for the Auz bikes; they are ugly and look very dated!