Phuket Newsman Killed In Gun Attack

webfact

It is getting worse every day in Phuket. Just see what going on in Karon in the old JK company Islandia area. The old JK Company rent out all the Public Street area and owners must pay 10000 baht in key money and 3000 baht per month to get into their own shop house or else ?. Clearly not legal and No recipes are given to take off in tax. Old fashion mafia extortion but in Phuket just business as usual. Guess why.

Are you refering to the illegally built structures on a private road?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is getting worse every day in Phuket. Just see what going on in Karon in the old JK company Islandia area. The old JK Company rent out all the Public Street area and owners must pay 10000 baht in key money and 3000 baht per month to get into their own shop house or else ?. Clearly not legal and No recipes are given to take off in tax. Old fashion mafia extortion but in Phuket just business as usual. Guess why.

Are you refering to the illegally built structures on a private road?

Yes. They rent out the whole street. If the house owner not pays, they rent out street to third party and you cannot go in to your own house. I guess next ting must be the air you breathe. Edited by Expatinphuket

300 baht for one hour parking in Kata for example! That would be the equivalent of someone in London trying to charge £90 for an hours parking.

Can you please tell us where? It's mostly free to park in Kata or maybe a few baht to park for as long as you like on a piece of undeveloped land.

Maybe our two Kata-based mods know where you can pay 300 baht an hour to park in Kata because I certainly don't.

(Sorry, way off-topic but I'm interested)

Edited by madmitch

300 baht for one hour parking in Kata for example! That would be the equivalent of someone in London trying to charge £90 for an hours parking.

Can you please tell us where? It's mostly free to park in Kata or maybe a few baht to park for as long as you like on a piece of undeveloped land.

Maybe our two Kata-based mods know where you can pay 300 baht an hour to park in Kata because I certainly don't.

(Sorry, way off-topic but I'm interested)

I was thinking the same thing when I read that post. Racked my brain trying to think of any pay-for car parking. Nope .... I have never paid to park in Kata.

I was thinking the same thing when I read that post. Racked my brain trying to think of any pay-for car parking. Nope .... I have never paid to park in Kata.

In my previous shop location on Thaina Road was a parking problem, so I used a paid carpark Was 500 Baht per month. I know of a few other places where you can pay to park, for 20 or 50 Baht per period. I'm not sure about the exact amount, but do know a period can be up to a full day.