How To Enable Java On Internet Cafe Pc's?

Trevor

I'm referring to the Internet area on MBK's 7th floor, beyond the cinemas, which charges a cheap Baht 30 per hour for flat-screen computers.

Even when I do a fresh install and re-start of Java Virtual Machine, my financial charting will still not load. Java & Sun check boxes never even appear under Advanced Internet Options after a fresh install.

It's a shame because it is a nice place to use the Internet in all other respects. The staff don't have a clue. Seems the technical guru has blocked Java in some way. Can anyone advise how to over-ride? Thanks.

I'm referring to the Internet area on MBK's 7th floor, beyond the cinemas, which charges a cheap Baht 30 per hour for flat-screen computers. 

Even when I do a fresh install and re-start of Java Virtual Machine, my financial charting will still not load.  Java & Sun check boxes never even appear under Advanced Internet Options after a fresh install.

It's a shame because it is a nice place to use the Internet in all other respects.  The staff don't have a clue.  Seems the technical guru has blocked Java in some way.  Can anyone advise how to over-ride?  Thanks.

Hi.

Try adding the site as a Trusted Site unders Tools->Options->Security Settings. If you can't change anything in there it sounds like they've probably setup a group policy for the network which you can't change without being an admin.

Maybe you could download and install Firefox on the machines??

Hmmmm, Im surprised that you're able to dowload and install programs on an internet cafe's machine.

Have you gone to control panel, add remove programs and made sure its actually installing?

You should see J2se Runtime installed, you should also have a folder in Program files and Windows that say Java.

Start there.

Oh yeah, are you installing SUN's JAVA?

http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp *make sure you get the right version for OS thats on machine. Do the manual download, save it to a folder and then run it.

The reason I ask is because you said "Virtual Machine" nobody installs that anymore.

Go to the link I provided and try to install if you've been doing something different.

Edited by Baal

.. my financial charting will still not load...

... wonder what lies in the term "financial charting"... If it has anything to do with entering into some kind of personal, financial account... you should not enter into that account on a public computer where you - as an ordinary user - are able to install anything whatsoever ...