Bike Thieves In Bangkok

Kf6vci

Had my Africa Twin nicked. All these security gards 24/7 in a gated condo village and then this!

Q1: Is there theft insurance available?

Q2: Are they parting out stolen bikes or may I catch some b*stard riding my bike?

Q3: Is there a point in posting a reward?

As bad as this is, it is also an opportunity to get a new bike!

A tuned CBR 150, a new CBR 250 or the KLR 250 to play it safe?post-7704-0-00599500-1327195156_thumb.jp

Chris

post-7704-0-08944800-1327195178_thumb.jp

post-7704-0-94286700-1327195240_thumb.jp

What a bummer! Sorry to hear about it.

1st class and 2nd class insurance covers theft. The other important thing to remember about insurance is the bail bound; this means that if you are thrown in the clink due to an accident the insurance company will bail you out, or even better not let you get locked up in the first place. AA Insurance is a good start, you may find cheaper shopping around but read the fine print.

Hard to know what will happen with it. There was a gang of thieves around Pattaya/Chonburi that were caught; they were stealing bikes and selling them to a contact in Cambodia for THB 1,500 each.

No harm in trying a reward.

My condo is not what i call very secure, but does have 24 hour guard. I only have a CBR150, but would hate to lose it so i chain it up through the rear wheel and around a steel pole, i also put a disc lock on the front. Occassionally i buy the guards a juice or coke just so they may keep an eye on it!

i hope you get it back

Edited by taichiplanet

my building has 4 security guards ,cctv and a 24 hour reception area and some <deleted> still was able to steal my helmet from the inside complex

i complained to security ,they said it must be another resident because nobody else would be allowed enter the carpark :)

then i told the manager our security guards are useless ,she watched the cctv and says a motorbike taxi go in and steal it

i asked what number on his jacket and the techician says 12

not 100% positive but i think the same motorbike taxi is spotted standing chatting to the security guard and sharing a beer about a month later but nobody cares since its " only a hat " and and they dont know why anyone would be pissed off when his hat gets stolen :)

i asked my friend what thai number is on the jacket of that motorbike taxi .................mfr_closed1.gif

Sad story. But all too familiar here in Thailand, and perhaps the rest of 3rd World Asia.

Security have to be in on it.

They probably let their mate in then will get a nice % when they sell it on mocyc.com

When they all laugh at you in a few days time you know it's been sold.

Good luck with it all. Anyother places with cameras nearby? That could have seen it being taken away in a pickup or whatever?? Could be a chance, especially if one of the security is seen in it.

Sorry to hear about the theft. I hope you are able to get her back. The theft seems odd to me. I would think that something like a Honda PCX or Yamaha Fino would normally be more likely to be stolen. An Africa twin is kind of an unusual bike to see around Thailand. It must a special order theft or something. And yes, I think the security guards are in on it.

Yes, i heard that there is a complot against any farang with big bike in a condo. Police and Security are working hand in hand. Also sometimes the neighbours are involved too, or/and the best friend, or/and the wife... Beware of everything!

If i start to mistrust my security than i should better leave the place wink.png

Agreed that security guards are usually in on it, had two friends lose bikes, a BROS 400 and another Steed 400.

Security guards usually work in 3-6 month shifts, unless they work for the building full time.

I got my bike parked right under my balcony, any weird noises and there'll be a barrage of cigarette butt filled redbull bottles raining down, about 20 of em`.

use larger bottles ,fill the bottles up with water instead of cigarete buts if you want to use them as defense from above

if you really love your bike ,fill them with benzine and sugar ,sticks to the skin like napalm

but thats a bit Jai Rai violin.gif

Sad story. But all too familiar here in Thailand, and perhaps the rest of 3rd World Asia.

Security have to be in on it.

They probably let their mate in then will get a nice % when they sell it on mocyc.com

When they all laugh at you in a few days time you know it's been sold.

Good luck with it all. Anyother places with cameras nearby? That could have seen it being taken away in a pickup or whatever?? Could be a chance, especially if one of the security is seen in it.

Sorry to hear this... you have made me think about bike locks and looking at my insurance again even though I live in very security controlled complex... one thought.. when they go after bikes that are not run of the mill could it be that they have a need for specific parts etc any merit in looking at mocyc or other more thai oriented sites and looking if someone is advertising parts ?? Probably a bloody long shot .. alternatively you could fake post looking for specific parts and if anyone responds see if you can talk to them about how much of a bike they actually have to sell ...as stated long shot but I do know a guy who got his stereo system back by posting an ad...

Sorry to hear this... you have made me think about bike locks and looking at my insurance again even though I live in very security controlled complex... one thought.. when they go after bikes that are not run of the mill could it be that they have a need for specific parts etc any merit in looking at mocyc or other more thai oriented sites and looking if someone is advertising parts ?? Probably a bloody long shot .. alternatively you could fake post looking for specific parts and if anyone responds see if you can talk to them about how much of a bike they actually have to sell ...as stated long shot but I do know a guy who got his stereo system back by posting an ad...