What Is The Strangest, Funniest Thing You Have Seen?

Gone

Don't know why but farangs (never seen a Thai do it) who insist on wearing socks WITH sandals still crack me up.....

Not just farangs. I often see Thais wearing socks and flip flops blink.png

I asked a older farang I know, why the socks and sandals? He said: nobody wants to look at my very ugly old mans feet but still good ventilation for the feet.

Also not to forget, the feet are the least worthy part of the body in Thai society, so it kind of make sense to cover them up.

Don't know why but farangs (never seen a Thai do it) who insist on wearing socks WITH sandals still crack me up.....

Not just farangs. I often see Thai's wearing socks and flip flops blink.png

Yes, i saw by far and away more thais than falangs doing this, so beats me why white boys are pointed out.

Perhaps it get more visible on them ? or perhaps because thais often wear long trousers that partly hide the socks ?

Edited by poanoi

This is a true story. Stupid but kinda funny. My neighbors have a 4 month old girl. Thai/Farang mix. The father is back in England now. As I walked by their door today I stopped to fuss over the little baby, letting her hold my fingers and saying the standard baby garble. She grabbed my finger and started to say "baht baht baht" her mom and grandma were laughing and said that is the first words she has spoken.

Go figure.