Patta Village On Soi Scc

hotandhumid

I went over there today, it's going to be a huge development of over 200 houses, including what looks like a very nice clubhouse.

There is 4 differnet types of houses, one bungalow (200 sqm 320 sqm total) and 3 different types of town houses. They only currently have a show room for the bungalow though that is very nice and modern.

Anyone else been to look or have any views on this project. IF I was to buy a house here I would be tempted to go for this place. A lot of things to consider though of course.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would wait to see if it gets built first and that is no kidding.

Agreed,

The worst that can happen is if the houses/land are not booked with first payment they might not be build, nothing worse than living in a 1/10 finished moo baan.

You will also have to consider if they go ahead and start building on all the plots how long will it take before they are done. Not nice to live next an empty plot and they start digging first and then starts building the house with 100 workers all over the place.

On the other hand if you are not among the first 25 to book obviously the best plots will be sold first.

But you said town houses on most of them so maybe choosing the plot is not that important.

Try to check which company are building the project, is it a big one from BKK (with lots of money) or is it just a small local outfit that need to sell all the houses/town houses in order to finish.

There are many things to consider here.

Agreed,

The worst that can happen is if the houses/land are not booked with first payment they might not be build, nothing worse than living in a 1/10 finished moo baan.

You will also have to consider if they go ahead and start building on all the plots how long will it take before they are done. Not nice to live next an empty plot and they start digging first and then starts building the house with 100 workers all over the place.

On the other hand if you are not among the first 25 to book obviously the best plots will be sold first.

But you said town houses on most of them so maybe choosing the plot is not that important.

Try to check which company are building the project, is it a big one from BKK (with lots of money) or is it just a small local outfit that need to sell all the houses/town houses in order to finish.

There are many things to consider here.

Yep, good pointers. I believe there is already around 8 or 9 families living there already, although on the grand scheme of things that's nothing of course. I don't know who is building the project, although they do have a completed project called Baan Natcha on third road. They said if you book a unit early you can choose a plot near the clubhouse.

I'd be interested as I'm looking for something a bit more permanent (but not desperate to move-in).

Could you give us an approx idea of total costs ?

Thanks,

Simon

The bunglaow I like is 4.5 mil but that's unfurnished. The town houses are around 3.5 for a decent sized one 150 sqm (unit size) Personally I think the prices are very reasonable. The show unit we saw today was fuc_king beautiful.

Visited this development about 6 months ago.

At first glance, it looks brilliant.

I am a construction-consultant with over 35 years experience in Canada, NZ and Thailand.

There are a few things that baffle me about this development:

1. No Damp-Proof Membrane is installed under the floor of their houses (cost is no more than Bt. 6,000.- !)

2. The exterior walls are made with the famous Thai little red bricks and then rendered (no Thermal Insulation whatsoever !?!)

3. There are no Insulation Bats under the roof, over the ceilings (Cost approx. Bt. 6,500.- !?!)

So; it's yet another case of stingy building practices.

This is a shame, particularly after I had a discussion with the Philipino Sales Manager chap there, who had no clue about the significance of these very serious short-comings.

I'd be interested as I'm looking for something a bit more permanent (but not desperate to move-in).

Thanks,

Simon

The bunglaow I like is 4.5 mil but that's unfurnished. The town houses are around 3.5 for a decent sized one 150 sqm (unit size) Personally I think the prices are very reasonable. The show unit we saw today was fuc_king beautiful.

OMFG !!!!!!!!! Do you have any idea what you can buy for that in an already complete village where the foliage etc is already beautiful? Geeeezzzzzzz you can get much nicer than that mate. The benefits of buying in an already established village is unbelievable and can also ask the residents there as well before buying things such as: flooding, maintenance (including fees), security, landlord, etc.

Unless it was a super village from a very reputable builder, owner I would NEVER pay 4.5 mill.

PLEASE look in other directions first mate. Established villages are MUCH better and you also can see who your neighbors are which could be HUGE in the future of your life.

Thanks,

Simon

OMFG !!!!!!!!! Do you have any idea what you can buy for that in an already complete village where the foliage etc is already beautiful? Geeeezzzzzzz you can get much nicer than that mate. The benefits of buying in an already established village is unbelievable and can also ask the residents there as well before buying things such as: flooding, maintenance (including fees), security, landlord, etc.

Unless it was a super village from a very reputable builder, owner I would NEVER pay 4.5 mill.

PLEASE look in other directions first mate. Established villages are MUCH better and you also can see who your neighbors are which could be HUGE in the future of your life.

Totally disagree with you. I have seen some other (3 BEDROOM) houses in other completed villages for around 3.5-4 mil and they come absolutely nowhere near what I saw yesterday, I shit you not this place was the pigs nuts. Besides, if you plan spending many many years living somewhere raising a family what is an extra half a mil or so? it's peanuts or are you one of the thai visas baht bus/ noodle eating brigade? 4.5 mil isn't that high price at all IMO for what I saw yesterday. Whata re you basing it on? have you been over there? If it makes you feel better thay have 3 bed town houses for 3 mil and up, what I saw was their best unit.

Besides, I am a long long way from making any decision and as said on here already this is a wait and see job and will probably go back in around 6 mts to see what is going on.

I have been here for 11 years and sure I eat noodles, (don't use baht buses) etc. and I live on SSCC and have driven there today to look actually. Like I said before, look around.

I'm not sure why you are being belligerent to me when I'm only trying to help you as a long time resident here and have seen just about everything in these "House buying games."

I also put down a 300,000 baht deposit on a "NEW" house where the village was still in the construction stage but when My home was finished the office had moved into my " NEW" home and the workers were living there at night, swimming in MY pool and cooking in MY kitchen. Grease all over the walls. I took video of all this and pictures at 7:00am and went to my lawyer and guess what.....when I told them my contract was to buy a NEW house not a USED house guess who lost 300,000 baht?

Sorry for trying to help you but next time you come on here looking for advice maybe you should take the good with the bad?

Anyways good luck getting any more help from my 11 years experience.

Off to the noodle stand now on a baht bus.

Thanks,

Simon

Totally disagree with you. I have seen some other (3 BEDROOM) houses in other completed villages for around 3.5-4 mil and they come absolutely nowhere near what I saw yesterday, I shit you not this place was the pigs nuts. Besides, if you plan spending many many years living somewhere raising a family what is an extra half a mil or so? it's peanuts or are you one of the thai visas baht bus/ noodle eating brigade? 4.5 mil isn't that high price at all IMO for what I saw yesterday. Whata re you basing it on? have you been over there? If it makes you feel better thay have 3 bed town houses for 3 mil and up, what I saw was their best unit.

Besides, I am a long long way from making any decision and as said on here already this is a wait and see job and will probably go back in around 6 mts to see what is going on.

I reckon you should rush up there, put down your deposit and wait. Looks like your mind is made up anyway.

While waiting, reflect on what they told you about when it would be completed. Reflect on the extras you have been promised and didn't get. Then think about the costs involved (if) when you decide to sue the builder fpr recourse. And the many visits to Jomtien to the courthouse for 5 or 10 years.

Man gave you good advice, you seem to get his advice mixed up for some reason. The show house you saw today will cost a shitload more than the one you want to buy.

I have been here for 11 years and sure I eat noodles, (don't use baht buses) etc. and I live on SSCC and have driven there today to look actually. Like I said before, look around.

I'm not sure why you are being belligerent to me when I'm only trying to help you as a long time resident here and have seen just about everything in these "House buying games."

I also put down a 300,000 baht deposit on a "NEW" house where the village was still in the construction stage but when My home was finished the office had moved into my " NEW" home and the workers were living there at night, swimming in MY pool and cooking in MY kitchen. Grease all over the walls. I took video of all this and pictures at 7:00am and went to my lawyer and guess what.....when I told them my contract was to buy a NEW house not a USED house guess who lost 300,000 baht?

Sorry for trying to help you but next time you come on here looking for advice maybe you should take the good with the bad?

Oh aren't we brittle. Look at your post to me, it was a very much look at me I am the expert and you was addressing me as if I was some kind of fool to even contemplate paying that amount of money. I've been here TWELVE years and have also looked around and I haven't seen anything for this value. A brand new 3 bed 200 sqm condo land size 320 sqm on a brand new development in a good location for 4.5 is a very reasonable price, I have seen some houses for 6 mil which don't even come close. Just because you have been here a long time doesn't make you an expert on everything, come down a peg or 2.

Enjoy the noodles.

Yep, fair point, although to be fair the money they want before it is finished is only around 20% of the total.

20% of nothing is still nothing.

Well done!

No problem,go ahead and pay 700,000baht up front.Good luck.

Oh aren't we brittle. Look at your post to me, it was a very much look at me I am the expert and you was addressing me as if I was some kind of fool to even contemplate paying that amount of money. I've been here TWELVE years and have also looked around and I haven't seen anything for this value. A brand new 3 bed 200 sqm condo land size 320 sqm on a brand new development in a good location for 4.5 is a very reasonable price, I have seen some houses for 6 mil which don't even come close. Just because you have been here a long time doesn't make you an expert on everything, come down a peg or 2.

Enjoy the noodles.

So seems you don't need advice? Why did you make a post then?

Anyone else notice me being un-helpful?

Edited by Gone

Enjoy the noodles.

The deposit that is required for the house you're talking about looks to me as 3 times that amount of money.coffee1.gif

Intersting that every reply to date has been negative and cynical. I already own property here and never had a minutes problem. I got exactly what was promised and it was even finished ahead of schedule. I suppose if I had been burnt like some on here I would share the same cynical views.

PS: I save my burning for the stock market.

Enjoy the noodles.

Please point out in my original lpost where I was asking for advice? I was just asking if anyone had been over there. Shame that have had to resort to lying to try to win an arguement.

Enjoy the noodles.

Please point out in my original lpost where I was asking for advice? I was just asking if anyone had been over there. Shame that have had to resort to lying to try to win an arguement.

Anyone else been to look or have any views on this project.

Sounds to me as request for advice

I agree. Why would anyone put up a post asking if anyone has seen something without asking advice. Anyways I know who i won't be giving any further advise to in the future.

I gave the OP my experience and he calls me a noodle eating baht bus riding reprobate. violin.gif

PS: Never mind calling other people names like jingthing is strange etc.

Edited by Gone

I agree. Why would anyone put up a post asking if anyone has seen something without asking advice. Anyways I know who i won't be giving any further advise to in the future.

I gave the OP my experience and he calls me a noodle eating baht bus riding reprobate. violin.gif

Nope, that aint advice and I wasn't asking for your advice. All you did was give it the big I am and mocked me for considering this option, don't get so personal with posters in the future. Sorry you have been burnt here, maybe you aint the expert you think you are after all.

I gave the OP my experience and he calls me a noodle eating baht bus riding reprobate.

Nope, that aint advice and I wasn't asking for your advice. All you did was give it the big I am and mocked me for considering this option, don't get so personal with posters in the future. Sorry you have been burnt here, maybe you aint the expert you think you are after all.

Give it up,you`re starting to look silly now.