Anti-Virus Software

rak sa_ngop

Well I followed up the recommendations for Comodo antivirus, but after using it for several months I have had to uninstall it.

Reason: my 6 year-old pc was running painfully slow. Running the anti-virus scan was slowing my computer down, but this is was only to be expected. What I did not expect was my computer to run slow even when the scan was not even running. Sometimes the disk activity was so intense that I would have to wait 3 or 4 minutes to refresh a page.

Once I uninstalled all parts of Comodo, my pc started zipping along.

Maybe running modern anti-virus software on older pc's is the real explanation, but I never had this problem with ESET Nod 32 antivirus.

AVG is a loser. I have seen MANY infected PCs in internet cafes with AVG on them.

I use Avast and esp like the latest free version. If I were to pay, would be Nod32.

Also use Spybot and Super Anti Spyware; CCLeaner, Glary Utilities and Wise Registry and Disk cleaners. Rootkit locators, Bleachbit and GMER. Spybot has its issues, even the latest - but it still finds the odd piece of crap.

Malwarebytes people rave about it but it's never found anything even a tracking cookie!

Edited by bangkokburning