Fog And Spot Lights - New(Ish) Manufacturer

I just got a bunch of new lights for my bike and a truck. Vision X make very compact LED lights that are just amazingly bright; 900 lumens from 12v, 10 Watt supply (that is .75 AMP)

I dumped two SW-Motech 55 Watt H3 lights for two units 35º beam with a 15º spot for Fortuners and other douche bags. I put a 4 by 1 light bar on my off-road truck and light up the side of the hill at 150m! Pretty spectacular...

So, if you want some extra brights on your bike, but can't spare the juice, look at LED - they work as advertised...

Will upload pics tomorrow...

Those LED's look quite bright in your photos ,I would be interested to know how they perform as a high beam in actual night riding conditions. they definitely have the advantage in their low current draw.

I ride a 1995 Yamaha Virago 535 and if I ride all day with the headlight on it slowly drains the battery to the point that sometimes I cannot start the bike the next day.

What I am looking for is some LEDS for daytime use as I rarely ride at night any more because a) I am 67 and B) I don't like riding in the dark out in the countryside where I love.

I have a set of red LEDS around the rear number plate connected to the brake light as if I have a top box on the bike it is hard to see the brake light from behind but I need something for the front connected to the ignition so that when I switch on the bike can easily be seen from the front.

I ride a 1995 Yamaha Virago 535 and if I ride all day with the headlight on it slowly drains the battery to the point that sometimes I cannot start the bike the next day. What I am looking for is some LEDS for daytime use as I rarely ride at night any more because a) I am 67 and B) I don't like riding in the dark out in the countryside where I love. I have a set of red LEDS around the rear number plate connected to the brake light as if I have a top box on the bike it is hard to see the brake light from behind but I need something for the front connected to the ignition so that when I switch on the bike can easily be seen from the front.
Hi Bill' your virago should not be discharging like that, I sugest you get your battery checked and if that is ok check the charging voltage should be around 14. volts Edited by ib1b4

I ride a 1995 Yamaha Virago 535 and if I ride all day with the headlight on it slowly drains the battery to the point that sometimes I cannot start the bike the next day. What I am looking for is some LEDS for daytime use as I rarely ride at night any more because a) I am 67 and cool.png I don't like riding in the dark out in the countryside where I love. I have a set of red LEDS around the rear number plate connected to the brake light as if I have a top box on the bike it is hard to see the brake light from behind but I need something for the front connected to the ignition so that when I switch on the bike can easily be seen from the front.
Hi Bill' your virago should not be discharging like that, I sugest you get your battery checked and if that is ok check the charging voltage should be around 14. volts

I replaced the battery about 6 months ago and it is fine provided that I don't run around all day with the headlights on.

The charging rate is around 14.5 v offload going to 13 ish onload.

I am thinking of running and extra ground/earth lead from the battery to the frame to see if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Bill, I'd wager the LED lights I have a great in the day. I did a visa run to Arun last week; first ride with them on. I definitely noticed more cars giving me room, or abruptly aborting a lane change when they checked mirrors and saw me coming. Riding at night, I saw marked improvement in others' visibility of me. It was only one run, but they seem to work well, and at 1.5 AMPs for two units, 2.25 for 3, your battery will not fade.

ride safe.

I ride a 1995 Yamaha Virago 535 and if I ride all day with the headlight on it slowly drains the battery to the point that sometimes I cannot start the bike the next day.

What I am looking for is some LEDS for daytime use as I rarely ride at night any more because a) I am 67 and I don't like riding in the dark out in the countryside where I love.

I have a set of red LEDS around the rear number plate connected to the brake light as if I have a top box on the bike it is hard to see the brake light from behind but I need something for the front connected to the ignition so that when I switch on the bike can easily be seen from the front.

Edited by DualSportBiker

• 1 month later...

You can get almost any LED light at Autobacs that plugs into the same socket as you have now, no modification. LED's draw much less power and are much brighter and last longer. But, billd766, you have a problem in your charging system. Your bike should be able to power all your accessories, and then some, under normal conditions. Have your entire system checked out. I know you said that it is putting out the correct power, but it may not be reaching the battery. Check your regulator/rectifier, check your cables. Have it checked if you can't. Unfortunately, electrical gremlins are very hard to find sometimes.

You can get almost any LED light at Autobacs that plugs into the same socket as you have now, no modification. LED's draw much less power and are much brighter and last longer. But, billd766, you have a problem in your charging system. Your bike should be able to power all your accessories, and then some, under normal conditions. Have your entire system checked out. I know you said that it is putting out the correct power, but it may not be reaching the battery. Check your regulator/rectifier, check your cables. Have it checked if you can't. Unfortunately, electrical gremlins are very hard to find sometimes.

You are correct.

I was out with a mate in March and clocked about 900 km in 2 days riding with little night work and the bike was fine.

Last month I went up to Chong Yen in the Mae Wong national park about 50km from where for an overnight stop having charged the battery a couple of days beforre.

The bike wouldn't start on the switch and there is no kick start but I managed to roll it and do a bump start OK.

As the bike is due a licence renewal this week I thought I would pull the battery and charge it on the bench.

When I pulled it out of the cradle it looked like this,

The red string is just to make it easy to lift the battery out and to hold it while I disconnect the leads.

post-5614-0-11929900-1337497943_thumb.jp

post-5614-0-18877300-1337497914_thumb.jp

post-5614-0-05842100-1337497970_thumb.jp

As you can see the battery is actually bulging in its casing on both sides and the bottom and it is 11 months old.

Luckily I looked really.

I suspect it is overcharging like crazy.

I will get another battery in the next couple of days and use the old one in the bike until then.

You are correct.

I was out with a mate in March and clocked about 900 km in 2 days riding with little night work and the bike was fine.

Last month I went up to Chong Yen in the Mae Wong national park about 50km from where for an overnight stop having charged the battery a couple of days beforre.

The bike wouldn't start on the switch and there is no kick start but I managed to roll it and do a bump start OK.

As the bike is due a licence renewal this week I thought I would pull the battery and charge it on the bench.

When I pulled it out of the cradle it looked like this,

The red string is just to make it easy to lift the battery out and to hold it while I disconnect the leads.

post-5614-0-11929900-1337497943_thumb.jp

post-5614-0-18877300-1337497914_thumb.jp

post-5614-0-05842100-1337497970_thumb.jp

As you can see the battery is actually bulging in its casing on both sides and the bottom and it is 11 months old.

Luckily I looked really.

I suspect it is overcharging like crazy.

I will get another battery in the next couple of days and use the old one in the bike until then.

Wow, I have never seen a battery bulged that much. It is a good thing you looked! It looks ready to explode.

I have found a place in Khampaeng Phet that has a 12 volt 12 amp battery which is what Yamaha says should be in there instead of a 12 volt 9 am battery which is what that is.

I replaced the one in the bike with another 9 amp 11 months ago.

The worst part of the bulging battery is that it sits under my seat and if it did go bang it would certainly have brought tears to my eyes.

When I piut the new one in I will do some fault finding and see if I can track down my problem.

I bought a new 12 volt 12 amp battery for 1,300 baht this morning and it is the correct size for my bike.

Although it is a "sealed" battery I have to put the acid in first then let the battery cool down and then charge it up and hopefully it will be OK and I can get back on the road again.