Assets Of New Thai Ministers Announced

webfact

The court on Friday ruled against former Deputy Interior Minister Sombat Uthaisang for concealing his wife's assets of Bt106 million. Although the court suspended the jail term for a year, Sombat was also banned from holding any political position for five years.

I bet they laughed all the way to the court then laughed all the way back again.

• Like 1

Well, if I wanted to trust one of these guys I might tend towards the guy at the bottom of the list:

Deputy Finance Minister Tanongsak Lekuthai reported assets worth only 382,000 baht, a savings deposit with no other assets.

But then there's good old Nutter with 16 BIG ONES.

Well - it hardly makes him a good finance minister does it?

Billions in his hands and he's gone this far in life without acquiring a single asset or as much as US$13k ???

I wouldn't let him handle my assets...

i'm sure he has millions elsewhere!! do you even believe any of the claims above?

About as believable as Putin a while back claiming assets of only 150 thousand dollars whilst Forbes estimated him to be one of, if not the richest, head of state in the world... and there are some seriously rich ones about.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

If he's run up a mountain of debt, it would account for his low asset declarations.

but he is a finance minster .hardly comforting if he has his fingers on Thailands purse stings...

Oh yeah...how much were they going to borrow for infrastucture development...?...now it all makes sense..biggrin.png