Aircon Leaking Water?

givenall

I need some suggestion where to look for my problem>

Suddenly my DAIKIN aircon started to leak water out (looks like all the condensed water coming out). I know there is a drain; line that the water normally goes, what I want to know what could most probable cause of this problem that I should look for.

The first thing I would do is find the drain and clear it. The aircon guys who do mine use pressure from a tube connected to their refridgerant bottle.

As for the cause, dust and lint in the air. Do you clean the filters regularly.

Same thing happened in my condo years ago. It just required having the building come and clean it inside and outside. The guys lectured me for not doing this every 6-months .... at the time I had no idea this was needed and used to just clean the filters inside myself.

Edited by Nisa

A/C drain pipe is probably clogged. Many times the clog is where the drain pipe connects to the evaporator drain pan....that is the little pan beneath the fins that catches the water droplets from the evaporator fins. I also had one A/C unit were there was not enough clearance between the pan and fins which allowed part of the drain pan to "dam-up" so to speak and overflow. Fortunately, it wasn't too hard to slightly reposition the pan down a few millimeters and the problem was fixed...I finally figured this out after cleaning the drain pipe twice within a few months but the water leakage kept coming back.

I clean my A/C (wall mounted split-airs) drain pipes and pans approx once a year since we use them a lot. I've got a self-made 1.25L plastic Pepsi bottle with a pencil sized hose siliconed in a hole in the screw-on lid. I fill the bottle up with a mixture an approx 4-to-1 water-to-bleach mixture, poke the hose into the drain pipe at its drain pan connection point, and then squeeze the bottle to force fluid down the pipe. I also push the hose down the drain pipe a foot or so to help dislodge any material/algae. The bleach is to help kill the algae in the drain pipe. I also clean the drain pan by looking for/cleaning out any blockage/gunk, running a plastic tie-strap between the bottom of the fins and pan to clear any material I can't see (this also ensures enough clearance exists), and also squirt some water-bleach mixture there also in order to confirm I have free flow in the pan to the drain pipe.

Summary: check to ensure the drain pan and drain pipe are not clogged...the pipe and pan connection point it usually on the right or left (usually right) hand side corner of the drain pan. You'll need to remove the filters, have a small flashlight, and get up close to spot the drain pipe connection point on the pan....hopefully you can see and reach the connection point without removing anything except the filters...but I'll be the first to admit some models will require the front cover to be removed which is not a job for a novice. Some models can clog-up pretty easy; others may take a couple of years....a lot depends on your environment.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 2

I've probably lived in 20 condos and apts. in Thailand over the years. I think every air conditioner I've ever used regularly here has at some point leaked due to a clogged drainage line.

<deleted> How hard is it to design it better! A bigger hole? It's not focking brain surgery!

Edited by ricklev
  • Like 1

• 8 years later...