Diabetes

strawberry

Hi All,

i bought a blood meter in 96 its an Accutrend alpha, but now I can no longer buy glucose strips for it. Can anyone tell me where I can view a selection of meters. When I bought this one I had not previously used one and I wouldn't have bought this particular meter so I'd like to have a lookat a few different ones.

Recently went to have check up and its been suggested that I might have a slight heart problem. Been told to go to the Bangkok General Hospital for a check up. Can someone tell me what the address is and can anyone give me the address of a reasonable hotel in the near area.

Regards Joe Strawberry

http://www.bangkokhospital.com

Call center: (662) 310 3002 (24 hour)

Bangkok Hospital

2 Soi Soonvijai 7,

New petchburi Road,

Bangkok 10320, Thailand

You may come to the hospital via :

Express Way (From Don-Muang Airport)

Take the Rama-9 Offramp.

Turn Right at the 1st traffic light.

Turn Left at the 1st traffic light before the rail crossing.

Drive straight and turn Left at the 2nd traffic light onto Soi Soonvijai and follow the signs.

New Petchuri Road

Along New Phetchburi Rd is the easiest way.

From Pratunam - Asoke to Klongton turn Left at the Mazda Dealership onto Soi Soonvijai and follow the signs.

From Klongton to Pratunam-Asoke, turn Right at the T-intersection with the Mazda Dealership on your right and follow the signs.

For more information, please call

(662) 310 3002 (24 hour)

Email : [email protected]

Consumer Reports did Glucometers...

See here

I myself use the One-touch Ultra, as it requires so little blood, and the test strips wick it in. I don't know if those meters and strips are available in Thailand. I tried the arm testing thing a couple times, and it left huge bruises on my arm. I'll stick with my fingers. A good thing about the Ultra strips is that they are rated for ambient temps over 95F. Most aren't. Drugstore.com sells supplies the cheapest, but I dhave no idea if they ship overseas, or how much it would cost if they did.

Problem is the strips are so expensive. Half the time you go to a chemist and they may even have a display and they don't know what you are talking about.

The ones for the Accu-Check active are about 500 baht for 25 strips, in Australia I can get them for $15- for 100.

So I am stocking up now since I am forced to be in Australia.