Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

post-140056-0-52582300-1346631482_thumb.

post-140056-0-63326300-1346631557_thumb.

Can't believe the odds offered on the Eagles Nth Melbourne game.

The only reason I can think of is a lot of money has been put on from WA.

Click on images to enlarge.

I think when the Eagles field a full strength side, they're pretty hard to beat at Subi.

They've beaten Collingwood by 10 goals and Geelong in the last month and Nth seem

to have dropped off a bit.

The odds seem reasonable to me.

I think Freo look pretty good value at $3.55. Especially with Stevie J being out for Geelong.

Regards

Will

I think Sydney will fancy their chances against Adelaide

They will find it tough in Adelaide. Adelaide beat them in Sydney this season.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think when the Eagles field a full strength side, they're pretty hard to beat at Subi.

They've beaten Collingwood by 10 goals and Geelong in the last month and Nth seem

I think Freo look pretty good value at $3.55. Especially with Stevie J being out for Geelong.

Regards

Will

I like Sydney but I'm not sure they will win in Ade.

They have lost 3 out of their last 4 and the only team

they've beaten in that month was the Western Bulldogs.

Maybe they've run out of steam at the wrong time?

Regards

Will

Regards

Will

I like Sydney but I'm not sure they will win in Ade.

They have lost 3 out of their last 4 and the only team

they've beaten in that month was the Western Bulldogs.

Maybe they've run out of steam at the wrong time?

Regards

Will

I could be looking at it with biased eyes for sure.

Against Geelong, they really missed Sam Reid up front. They had no tall marking options. A return to form of Lewis Jetta would also help.

But I think the narrow losses to Hawthorn and Collingwood will give them the belief they can win against Adelaide. Their form has been good, even with the losses.

Wasn't to sure where to put this one.

Carlton United Breweries is returning Victoria Bitter to its original full-strength formula after a concerted campaign from diehard drinkers.

The brewer changed the popular beer's recipe in 2007 by lowering the alcohol content from 4.9 to 4.6 percent to avoid paying a higher excise, the Herald Sun reports.

But CUB's chief marketing officer Andy Gibson told the newspaper customer demands to have the beer restored could no longer be ignored.

"They have stuck around with us through thick and thin and they have been telling us 'give us our beer back' so I think now they will be saying 'Hallelujah'," Mr Gibson said.

CUB will also return to VB's original packaging and resurrect the marketing slogan "a hard earned thirst".

VB's market share has been plummeting, falling from 21 percent four years ago to just 14 percent.

After 19 years as Australia's top selling beer, VB recently lost out to XXXX.

The new VB will start to arrive on bottle shop shelves next month.

Although the Eagles are my team Nth Melbourn looks worth a punt at those odds

The ARL Commission's No.1 target to fill the vacant chief executive role - Gillon McLachlan - has knocked back rugby league to remain with the AFL.

McLachlan, the AFL's No.2 man under chief executive Andrew Demetriou, had been offered a reported $1.5 million a year deal to switch codes.

The ARLC has been searching for a new chief executive ever since the sudden departure of longtime rugby league boss David Gallop - who sensationally parted ways with the code in June.

McLachlan admitted he was tempted by the opportunity to oversee the reshaping of that sport.

"There is still much to achieve at the AFL as we continue to strategically position the code for ongoing growth in popularity and participation," McLachlan said in a statement released on Tuesday.

Wasn't to sure where to put this one.

Carlton United Breweries is returning Victoria Bitter to its original full-strength formula after a concerted campaign from diehard drinkers.

The brewer changed the popular beer's recipe in 2007 by lowering the alcohol content from 4.9 to 4.6 percent to avoid paying a higher excise, the Herald Sun reports.

But CUB's chief marketing officer Andy Gibson told the newspaper customer demands to have the beer restored could no longer be ignored.

"They have stuck around with us through thick and thin and they have been telling us 'give us our beer back' so I think now they will be saying 'Hallelujah'," Mr Gibson said.

CUB will also return to VB's original packaging and resurrect the marketing slogan "a hard earned thirst".

VB's market share has been plummeting, falling from 21 percent four years ago to just 14 percent.

After 19 years as Australia's top selling beer, VB recently lost out to XXXX.

The new VB will start to arrive on bottle shop shelves next month.

VB should have stayed its course. So many beer brands out there. Then again its CUB, so they own half the brands anyway

The ARL Commission's No.1 target to fill the vacant chief executive role - Gillon McLachlan - has knocked back rugby league to remain with the AFL.

McLachlan, the AFL's No.2 man under chief executive Andrew Demetriou, had been offered a reported $1.5 million a year deal to switch codes.

The ARLC has been searching for a new chief executive ever since the sudden departure of longtime rugby league boss David Gallop - who sensationally parted ways with the code in June.

McLachlan admitted he was tempted by the opportunity to oversee the reshaping of that sport.

"There is still much to achieve at the AFL as we continue to strategically position the code for ongoing growth in popularity and participation," McLachlan said in a statement released on Tuesday.

What a bunch of idiots the ARL were to dump David gallop. Talk about politics being the winner on that day.

Unfortunately for the NRL, the AFL also benefits from it, as shown in the reluctance of AFL head honchos to jump ship to the NRL despite good $$ on offer. Gallop steadied the ship for the NRL and dealt with endless controversies firmly and quickly.

Although the Eagles are my team Nth Melbourn looks worth a punt at those odds

Is West Coast back at full strength?

What a bunch of idiots the ARL were to dump David gallop. Talk about politics being the winner on that day.

Unfortunately for the NRL, the AFL also benefits from it, as shown in the reluctance of AFL head honchos to jump ship to the NRL despite good $$ on offer. Gallop steadied the ship for the NRL and dealt with endless controversies firmly and quickly.

Gallop is now going to be in charge of soccer Australia

Gallop is now going to be in charge of soccer Australia

I read that. I feel he is on a hiding to nowhere there. Australia can't compete with the rest of the world for top players and the A league is not a high standard, international league speaking. In Australia Soccer is the 4th major football code.

Anyone whos got the TV-times for this weekends macthes ? Thank you wai.gif

Friday7/9 1630 Hawthorn vs Collingwood

Saturday 8/9 1200 Adelaide vs Sydney

1630 Geelong vs Fremantle

Sunday 9/9 1200 West Coast vs Nth Melbourne

All times are thai time Assuming you are in Thailand

Edited by Ron19

Thanks alot. Most appriciated.thumbsup.gif

Not really a bad game amongst them.

Thanks alot. Most appriciated.thumbsup.gif

You're welcome.

Getting down to the serious part of the season.

Getting down to the serious part of the season.

Im quite excited about Saturday

Good win to Hawthorn last night. A great win to Swans this afternoon. Their defense was amazing. Adelaide won the inside 50s 59 to 37. Sydney won all the other stats.

Well done,the Swans had the wood on Adelaide all day.I couldn't watch the game last night as the picture was up to sh**.There was a large slow storm front in the direction that the dish points in.
  • Like 1

A SENSATIONAL! win to the Swannies!! What a hard fought game it was. The Swans won all the stats, except the inside 50's

Inside 50s - Adel 59, Swans 37

The amount of smothers was also amazing. It was 8 -8 at 3/4 time.

There was a bit of screaming and shouting coming from my room. Not sure ill make it through the next final and GF

What a game.

For those on here who predicted Freo were at good odds for a punt were spot on. (up at 48 points at one stage)

Despite Freo getting severe pressure nerves in Q4 they held on.

Pavlich stand tall my friend. 6 straight (and one out of bounds on the full).

Good win to Hawthorn last night. A great win to Swans this afternoon. Their defense was amazing. Adelaide won the inside 50s 59 to 37. Sydney won all the other stats.

Well done,the Swans had the wood on Adelaide all day.I couldn't watch the game last night as the picture was up to sh**.There was a large slow storm front in the direction that the dish points in.

Well done mate. Your GF prediction is still on tract. You must be very happy after today. I only got to see the second half but I was going for the dockers. They have another road trip next week. I hope they go well again.

A SENSATIONAL! win to the Swannies!! What a hard fought game it was. The Swans won all the stats, except the inside 50's

There was a bit of screaming and shouting coming from my room. Not sure ill make it through the next final and GF

I watch it upstairs in my computer TV room. . The wife asked me at one stage who I was talking to. I had to explain that it was the TV after some umps decisions and then cellabrations after some goals.

• Like 1

I watch it upstairs in my computer TV room. . The wife asked me at one stage who I was talking to. I had to explain that it was the TV after some umps decisions and then cellabrations after some goals.

Was also great to see Goodes back to form. nothing like watching him on the run and hitting his targets and setting up plays. Couple of good plays by Jetta also. Should see his confidence back in two weeks

• Like 1

Was also great to see Goodes back to form. nothing like watching him on the run and hitting his targets and setting up plays. Couple of good plays by Jetta also. Should see his confidence back in two weeks

Goodes was awesome. The best he has played since his return from injury. Jetta was a little tentative to start with but improved as the game progressed. RLT was great in defense after playing forward this season.

• Like 1

Goodes was awesome. The best he has played since his return from injury. Jetta was a little tentative to start with but improved as the game progressed. RLT was great in defense after playing forward this season.

LRT did play well. I'd be tempted to keep LRT in defence for the next game, even with the return of Grundy. He added a good bit of speed in the backline. Teddy Richards also had another good one...and of course Bolton

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1