Port

West Coast

Nth Melb

Collinwood

Swans

Adelaide

Melbourne

Carlton

I would like Sydney to win but i think it will be hard. My reasons for picking teh Hawks are: Rhyce shaw and LRT out. (johnson out for season also), so defence will be an issue. I have no confidence in Reid to kick the goals and he will be marked well. Buddy F. He is due for a big haul. Sydney don't play well on the MCG.

I feel it will be a difficult task for them but I am an optimist

Mumford out for the game v Hawthorn! Sheeeit!

My tips for Rd 7

Essendon

Port

West Coast

Nth Melb

Collinwood

Swans

Adelaide

Melbourne

Carlton

I would like Sydney to win but i think it will be hard. My reasons for picking teh Hawks are: Rhyce shaw and LRT out. (johnson out for season also), so defence will be an issue. I have no confidence in Reid to kick the goals and he will be marked well. Buddy F. He is due for a big haul. Sydney don't play well on the MCG.

I feel it will be a difficult task for them but I am an optimist

Mumford out for the game v Hawthorn! Sheeeit!

I agree. My optimism is a little lower

I'd like to thank St Kilda for giving him up.

also for donating Barry Hall laugh.png

Listening to some of Barry Hall's sideline commentary today..the bloke knows his stuff.

Agree, he is not actually the meat head he displayed on the field.

What a game last night,I think we will be waiting a long time to see a better one.

Geelong looking good for the premiership? They seem to be able to pick up a gear at will.

or

Essendon offline with their kicking game? Could have been a different result?

What a game last night,I think we will be waiting a long time to see a better one.

Geelong looking good for the premiership? They seem to be able to pick up a gear at will.

or

Geelong are a very good side (have been for 10 yrs) and that window is not going to close for some time yet.

I thinks the drugs are starting wear off at Essendon and thier supplier is out of the picturesmile.png

• Like 1

or

Geelong are a very good side (have been for 10 yrs) and that window is not going to close for some time yet.

I thinks the drugs are starting wear off at Essendon and thier supplier is out of the picturesmile.png

The drug situation could derail Essendons season.

or

The drug situation could derail Essendons season.

I hope not,it would be a shame if it did.

or

I would love to have Stephen Wells (Cats Recruiting Manager) at St Kilda. The Cats haven't had any high draft picks for about 9 yrs but this guy certainly knows how to spot potential talent when he sees it. Personally I think he would have to be the best in the business and could name his price at any other club.

• Like 1

or

I would love to have Stephen Wells (Cats Recruiting Manager) at St Kilda. The Cats haven't had any high draft picks for about 9 yrs but this guy certainly knows how to spot potential talent when he sees it. Personally I think he would have to be the best in the business and could name his price at any other club.

A constant run of good young players. You don't get that just by luck. They must have a good culture at the club as well.

• Like 2

Thomas Lynch. 10 goals for Adelaide. Released from St Kilda, playing his 10th (?) 1st grade game.

He battled to get a game at St Kilda (6 in 3 yrs for a total of 4 goals) was a 1st round draft pick in 2009 (pick 12 I think) traded to Adelaide for a 2nd round pick

Thomas Lynch. 10 goals for Adelaide. Released from St Kilda, playing his 10th (?) 1st grade game.

He battled to get a game at St Kilda (6 in 3 yrs for a total of 4 goals) was a 1st round draft pick in 2009 (pick 12 I think) traded to Adelaide for a 2nd round pick

Should they have let him go? Was he played in the position the suits him? Id be interested in your opinion on that one

Some confusement..if you dont know already. these players have the same name but play for different teams

Sam Reid - plays for Sydney Swans

Sam Reid - Plays for GWS

Tom Lynch - Plays for Adelaide

Tom Lunch - PLays for Gold Coast

What would happen if the players are traded and end up playing for the same team?

Has that ever happened before?

Should they have let him go? Was he played in the position the suits him? Id be interested in your opinion on that one

They played him as a half forward flanker and only got a handful of games when Kosi or Stanley were out. He was drafted in 2008 and then again last year so that is only 4 yrs. 2009 he spent the year in the AFL and if you recall how the saints were going in 2009, 10 and 11 it was pretty hard for anyone to break into the side. He played one game in 2010, one in 2011 and two last year before he was injured.

The saints were loosing a few backmen at end of 2012 and needed the draft picks. They missed out on finding quality backmen (Robertson from the Dockers) and ended up drafting other forwards who will take a few years to develop. In hindsight they should have kept him and as the saints said at the time they didn't want to let him but were/are restructuring the team. The saints will lose Kosi, snieder and milne at the end of this year so will again be in the hunt for key forwards. GWS and GCS still have the priority draft picks so won't be much around.

• Like 1

Well done with St Kilda Chooka. Carlton nearly chased them down in Q4 but they held on!

The saints were lucky, a couple of injuries for Carlton played a part. Betts is in a pile of pooh with his hit on young recruit Nathan Wright, breaking his jaw. He will be looking at a few weeks adding to Carltons woes.

• Like 1

Well done with St Kilda Chooka. Carlton nearly chased them down in Q4 but they held on!

The saints were lucky, a couple of injuries for Carlton played a part. Betts is in a pile of pooh with his hit on young recruit Nathan Wright, breaking his jaw. He will be looking at a few weeks adding to Carltons woes.

I didn't know about the broken jaw.

Riewoldt was on fire the first quarter

I didn't know about the broken jaw.

Riewoldt was on fire the first quarter

Yes was conformed this morning he has a fracture, could miss 6 weeks so if Betts doesn't get the same at least then <deleted>.

Certainly late and no need for it.

Very unlucky to get a broken jaw from it though

Betts is facing 4 weeks but will be reduced to 3 if he enters a guilty plea.

He pled guilty and took 3 weeks. I picked Carlton for round 8 anyway

Wrong when the victim gets more time on the sideline.

Wrong when the victim gets more time on the sideline.

It has been an anomaly for a long time and I have thought the same myself in the past. Where there is obvious malice or intent then the player who performed the crime should do the same time as the player he injured. Obvious exceptions would be where there was no malice or intent to harm during normal play when contesting the ball.

I mentioned the Craven/Lockett incident in the thread earlier for which Tony made a quicker comeback (8 weeks). One thing that could be said for Craven is that when Lockett moved to Sydney he moved to Adelaide, and was involved in 2 premierships with them.biggrin.png

Not so long ago, in 1985, Leigh Matthews was charged by the police with assault...