Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

Agreed, further added by Tippett bagging a half dozen..

We had to lose one along the way to get us right for the final push to the last Saturday in September...

The Pies always come to play when they come to Sydney. No matter where they're sitting on the ladder.

We'll bounce back...

I won't call thumping the worst team in the competition next week at the SCG an indication of bouncing back. If you don't beat the saints by at least 30 goals up there then your in trouble.thumbsup.gif

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Grrrrr... Well the same thing happened last year and we know what happened so gotta take the good with the bad tongue.png

They looked a bit all at sea tonight the swans. Midfield just couldnt click after the first quarter. No free running like they are used to.

Jesse white not seen after the first quarter. Benny Mcglynn not seen. Kieran jack kept quiet. Jetta's running missed on the outside.

Boys, even though Tippett was huge, I thought you looked a tad predictable.

When it was the under performing Reid in front, it was shared around a lot more.

I think Goodes is the missing piece of the puzzle.

Collingwood do seem to enjoy ANZ and I think the Swans play better at the SCG

as it's more confined and seems to suit the Swans tight, tough and contested style.

There has been talk that Geelong want to play a final at Skilled now that it's sized has

been increased and has lights etc. That would be a frightening scenario as they're almost

unbeatable there.

It is okay to be predictable if he scores 6 goals! biggrin.png

No one else presenting, none of the smaller guys scoring the goals we have seen all year, later in the game not enough inside 50 entries to give themselves a chance. Inside 50s were 57-38 in favour of Collingwood.

Comically, Cloke missed two of the easiest goals straight in front from about 10 metres out.

I agree about ANZ. Not my ideal pick for the Swans as a home game. If they get a home final they will play at ANZ

Congrats to the 3 of you for picking 7 this week! Rip, you have been leading the picking quite a bit recently.

Essendon were creamed in their game with WestCoast. Looks like the boys are expecting to lose points for the year.

Freo will get a good percentage boost tonight also.

Congrats to the 3 of you for picking 7 this week! Rip, you have been leading the picking quite a bit recently.

Essendon were creamed in their game with WestCoast. Looks like the boys are expecting to lose points for the year.

Freo will get a good percentage boost tonight also.

Bombers' cracks grow wider
By Guy Hand and Roger Vaughan
20:35 AEST Sun Aug 11 2013

Essendon's AFL season is in freefall as the ASADA investigation bomb hovers overhead some time this week.

Essendon coach James Hird admitted the Bombers had been affected by another week of heavy speculation about possible penalties for their 2012 supplements

program in their 53-point loss to West Coast at Etihad Stadium on Sunday.

It was the Bombers' third consecutive defeat by a combined total of 188 points, coinciding with the public pressure being ratcheted up on the club.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8704446

'Dons await AFL decision on scandal
Roger Vaughan
14:45 AEST Sun Aug 11 2013

Essendon expect any AFL action against the club will mean they can speak openly at last about their supplements scandal.

New club chairman Paul Little also stressed before Sunday's game against West Coast that the Bombers would take their time to respond once the AFL announce their findings.

There is growing speculation the AFL will lay charges against the Bombers on Monday or Tuesday over last year's supplements program at the club.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8704393

End is nigh: Essendon ready for charges this week

Posted by: Shane McInnes and 3AW Radio | 12 August, 2013 - 6:44 AM

James Hird’s legal team is readying itself as the AFL prepares to hand down its charges against Essendon as soon as today.
Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

James Hird’s legal team is readying itself as the AFL prepares to hand down its charges against Essendon as soon as today.

Sooner the better... Get it over and done with either way

• Like 1

Essendon charges expected on Tuesday

The AFL is planning to announce charges against Essendon, and potentially a number of individuals including senior coach James Hird, as early as 9am on Tuesday.

Hird; his senior assistant, Mark Thompson; football manager Danny Corcoran and veteran doctor Bruce Reid were all expected to be charged by the AFL, although the game's governing body and Essendon would not confirm on Monday night whether individual charges, if any, would coincide with those against the club.

Departed high-performance boss Dean Robinson was also expecting to face charges for conduct unbecoming. While Robinson is understood to be prepared to accept his fate at the hands of the AFL, the Bomber quartet, led by Hird, were preparing to fight any charges laid against them.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-charges-expected-on-tuesday-20130812-2rsbk.html

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Sooner the better... Get it over and done with either way

9. a.m today they will hand down their penalties, if there are any. My feeling is that they will be hit hard. So if they are stripped of points and play for no points for the last 3 games, do we tip them for a win (points or no points) or are we only picking 8 games.

Edited by chooka

9.30 AEDT and no word yet...

Hird defiant until the bitter end it seems, should just fall on his sword and be done with it..

listening to 3aw online it has been postponed for possible legal advice. Apparently standing room only outside AFL house with the media. Charges will be laid but then Essendon has 2 weeks to respond before penalties issued then Essendon can appeal. Seems it is now going to drag on past the finals which is unfair for all supporters.

9. a.m today they will hand down their penalties, if there are any. My feeling is that they will be hit hard. So if they are stripped of points and play for no points for the last 3 games, do we tip them for a win (points or no points) or are we only picking 8 games.

I think you still have to pick them for a win or not chooka, after all it is a tipping comp for Wins, not points.

Essendon (if they do at all) are only losing points, not games won/lost. The teams they beat are not going to be getting the points for those games of the past, hence essendon has won those.

Will be the same for future games. if they win, Essendon probably no points, but the opposing team will get no points for a loss.

Hird defiant until the bitter end it seems, should just fall on his sword and be done with it..

listening to 3aw online it has been postponed for possible legal advice. Apparently standing room only outside AFL house with the media. Charges will be laid but then Essendon has 2 weeks to respond before penalties issued then Essendon can appeal. Seems it is now going to drag on past the finals which is unfair for all supporters.

That's almost the worst thing that can happen... Essendon in finals and suddenly lose all points.

Even worse would be Essendon in finals and win a game, eliminate someone, lose the next game, then lose all points after the finals series has finished

• Like 1

That's almost the worst thing that can happen... Essendon in finals and suddenly lose all points.

Even worse would be Essendon in finals and win a game, eliminate someone, lose the next game, then lose all points after the finals series has finished

This sort of reminds me of the Thai Police and a well connected offender in Thailand. The two parties get together to strike a deal.

D-Day looms for Dons

Posted by: Shane McInnes, Matt Cram and Fenella Wagener | 13 August, 2013 - 11:24 AM

LATEST: The AFL and the Essendon Football Club are believed to be meeting at a secret location to discuss any charges stemming from the ASADA investigation into the Bombers' supplements program

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/breaking-news-blog/dday-looms-for-dons/20130813-2rt0v.html

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Brisbane Lions sack Michael Voss

Brisbane have told coach Michael Voss they will not renew his contract after this AFL season, according to a media report.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8705609

Wow! I thought he had got things back on track there? Not really sure of the ins and outs of the situation.

Anyone have an opinion as to his success or lack of at Brisbane?

Brisbane have told coach Michael Voss they will not renew his contract after this AFL season, according to a media report.

Wow! I thought he had got things back on track there? Not really sure of the ins and outs of the situation.

In a way, I'm not surprised. He was given 5 years because basically he's legend of the club.

But 5 years and a winning percentage of 40% just isn't good enough.

I think it fell apart early on when he signed Fev and got rid of a few club stalwarts.

Makes me think about the timing of the announcement though. Wonder if they already have a

replacement?

In a way, I'm not surprised. He was given 5 years because basically he's legend of the club.

I think it fell apart early on when he signed Fev and got rid of a few club stalwarts.

Makes me think about the timing of the announcement though. Wonder if they already have a

replacement?

Maybe Scott Watters, rumour has it the saints won't renew his contractsmile.png which is a good thing.

replacement?

You thinking Mark Neeld? w00t.gif

• Like 1

replacement?

Maybe Scott Watters, rumour has it the saints won't renew his contractsmile.png which is a good thing.

I can imagine you'd be happy about that.

• Like 1

replacement?

The news is already talking about Paul Roos! Of course he gets mentioned everywhere. Something about his family would prefer Queensland

You make a good point about big Fev. That was an error in judgement

Essendon to make a statement about Hird at 7.30pm!!

"THE AFL will make a statement on possible Essendon charges at 7.30pm EST.

After a day of marathon talks, the AFL announced a short time ago that general counsel Andrew Dillon will provide an update on the investigation tonight.

There is speculation it could involve announcing charges against Essendon over its controversial 2012 supplements program."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-coach-james-hird-defiant-as-afl-charges-loom-over-supplements-scandal/story-fni5f6kv-1226695863049

Brisbane coach Michael Voss has confirmed his dramatic sacking from the AFL club.

Players were called to the club at 3.30pm (AEST) on Tuesday afternoon to be told Voss would not have his contract renewed beyond this season.

"I don't know how I feel, to be honest," Voss told Channel Seven.

"Tomorrow I will wake up and I don't go to work.

"That's all I know.

"The club is dear to me, but what I get a kick out of is that I've gone every day and there's been something to improve in our players.

"I think that's what I will miss the most."

With Voss indicating he would finish up immediately at the Lions, assistant coach Mark Harvey is expected to take over the role until the end of the season.

Voss, who has coached the Lions since 2009, is a revered figure at the club.

He shared the 1996 Brownlow Medal with embattled Essendon coach James Hird and captained their 2001-03 premiership sides.

The Lions struggled badly at the start of this season after winning the NAB Cup, increasing pressure on Voss.

But he had looked much safer in the second half of the season.

The Lions had won five of their last seven games, starting with the miracle round-13 comeback against Geelong at the 'Gabba.

The stunning news will reignite speculation about former Sydney premiership coach Paul Roos.

Melbourne spoke to him after sacking Mark Neeld earlier this season, but he has repeatedly said he does not want to return to coaching.

The news broke late on Tuesday afternoon as the AFL continues to deliberate over Essendon's supplements scandal.

Hird, the Essendon senior coach, has been under mounting pressure since February 5 because of the crisis.