• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pies consider Shaw trade: Reports
Posted by: Matt Cram | 12 September, 2013 - 10:57 AM
It appears that a number of the Senior Players at Collingwood have a conflict with Buckley. I not sure if Bucks is the right person for the job as the club seems to have gone into melt down since he took over. Gutting your team is not really the right move, I think it would better to replace the coach to try and restore harmony. Who would they replace him with? God only knows.

That is one of the problems with a recent player who played for the same team taking over the coaching. Doesn't always work. Some of the relationships the coach might have had with players are hard to change.

Having said that, it does seem some Collingwood players seem to know what is best. in their own minds. Bucks always seems a bit angry to me.

I don't think Eddie helps. He is often making headlines and saying things he really shouldn't be commenting on. I'm sure he cant help giving his personal wisdom to some players either. Stuff like that would further undermine what a coach is trying to do.

By many accounts Malthouse is going to do a massive clean out at Carlton come season end... Put his stamp on the team

I think Collingwood dug themselves into a hole when they implemented the succession plan.

They had won a GF, and IMO, Eddie didn't want Bucks going to another club so they implemented

the succession when Malthouse didn't seem to be a willing participant (regardless of what he said at the time).

IMO, Buckley should've followed the Woosha plan and go to another club for a few years and then maybe

return to Collingwood later on if the opportunity arose. Something Vossy should've done also.

You're also right about Ed. The trouble is he wears too many hats and they conflict.

• Like 1

It appears that a number of the Senior Players at Collingwood have a conflict with Buckley. I not sure if Bucks is the right person for the job as the club seems to have gone into melt down since he took over. Gutting your team is not really the right move, I think it would better to replace the coach to try and restore harmony. Who would they replace him with? God only knows.

That is one of the problems with a recent player who played for the same team taking over the coaching. Doesn't always work. Some of the relationships the coach might have had with players are hard to change.

Having said that, it does seem some Collingwood players seem to know what is best. in their own minds. Bucks always seems a bit angry to me.

I don't think Eddie helps. He is often making headlines and saying things he really shouldn't be commenting on. I'm sure he cant help giving his personal wisdom to some players either. Stuff like that would further undermine what a coach is trying to do.

By many accounts Malthouse is going to do a massive clean out at Carlton come season end... Put his stamp on the team

I think Collingwood dug themselves into a hole when they implemented the succession plan.

They had won a GF, and IMO, Eddie didn't want Bucks going to another club so they implemented

the succession when Malthouse didn't seem to be a willing participant (regardless of what he said at the time).

IMO, Buckley should've followed the Woosha plan and go to another club for a few years and then maybe

return to Collingwood later on if the opportunity arose. Something Vossy should've done also.

You're also right about Ed. The trouble is he wears too many hats and they conflict.

If I was coach there the first thing I would do is get rid of all the criminal element that has stuffed up the club over the years. Don't forget Shaw lied to the club and his fellow players about that drunken car crash a few years ago.

I think Buckley now has license to get rid of these guys that the hypocrite President protected in the past.

You're also right about Ed. The trouble is he wears too many hats and they conflict.If I was coach there the first thing I would do is get rid of all the criminal element that has stuffed up the club over the years. Don't forget Shaw lied to the club and his fellow players about that drunken car crash a few years ago.

I think Buckley now has license to get rid of these guys that the hypocrite President protected in the past.

I think you're right there Old Croc. Remember in 2007 when Didak was in a car with self confessed shooter

Christopher Hudson.

I'm reading Leigh Matthews book at the minute and in it, he speaks about an incident between Darren Millane

and Alphonse Gangitano of Underbelly fame. Allegedly, Millane broke the jaw of one of Gangitano's associates

and Gangitano wanted payback.

Seems it's been happening for a while there.

Robert Harvey will eventually coach the saints, he wanted the job when Watters was appointed but was basically told he is not ready. He is now at his 3rd club as assistant and I get the feeling he will probably be at St Kilda in two in the top job. Love Robert, he was a champion but as coach of the Saints not sure about that.

Speaking of criminal elements...What was with Dustin martin's Jailhouse salute on the weekend? Stay tough behind the bars brothers? That's the last thing the AFL needs, glorification of the 'heroes behind bars'

He copped a $2k suspended fine.

Article Here

Not a good look. You'd think he'd have better things on his mind like winning the game.

Andrew Krakour was the last one I remember doing it. Although at least he was in jailbiggrin.png

Peter Gardiner from the WCE is another who did it. There were rumours at the time that

he had links to bikie gangs in WA.

Speaking of criminal elements...What was with Dustin martin's Jailhouse salute on the weekend? Stay tough behind the bars brothers? That's the last thing the AFL needs, glorification of the 'heroes behind bars'

Article Here

Not a good look. You'd think he'd have better things on his mind like winning the game.

Andrew Krakour was the last one I remember doing it. Although at least he was in jail:D

Peter Gardiner from the WCE is another who did it. There were rumours at the time that

Brendon Goddard and Michael Gardiner did the salute when playing for St Kilda.

Gardiner, with his mate Cousins, were well known for their friendships with notorious characters around the Northbridge area of Perth.

Let the trading begin Those playing finals are going to be lagging behind,

ST KILDA has successfully lured its first key defensive target, with Greater Western Sydney's Josh Bruce requesting a trade to the Saints. ...

The Giants were fighting hard to keep him and had offered a contract extension, but he has decided St Kilda will be his new home.

By Jon Ralph

Herald Sun

Good move by Bruce. And good for st kilda

These trades seems pretty complicated. The Saints trade Dal Santo to GWS and get Bruce and a Rd 2 pick. GWS then trade off Dal Santo to Nth Melbourne and the Saints get Luke Delaney and a Rd 2 pick (Dal Santo happy with North) The Saints now have 2 key back men which they were after and 2 extra early draft picks. They are now in the hunt for Frawley from Melbourne and Mitch Brown from West Coast. (also Backline players) If all goes to plan the Saints could end up with a very good backline and still have plenty of cash in the salary cap and high draft picks for a couple of midfielders and tall forwards.

Dal Santo is saying he wants to stay put...and haS the contractual option to do so.. What do you think? Just holding out for more $$?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-11/dal-santo-wants-to-stay

NICK Dal Santo would be willing to play elsewhere if St Kilda decides to go in "a new direction" next season.

The three-time All-Australian this morning said although he was contracted at St Kilda for next season, he would understand if he was traded in next month's exchange period.

The Herald Sun yesterday revealed North Melbourne had a strong interest in nabbing the 29-year-old to help catapult the Roos into the top-four.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/star-saint-nick-dal-santo-understands-if-st-kilda-wants-to-move-in-new-direction/story-fni5f9q3-1226717530847

Edited by chooka

Article Here

Andrew Krakour was the last one I remember doing it. Although at least he was in jailbiggrin.png

Wasn't Martin's old man a crim? I'm sure I remember watching something about it on the Footy Show a few years ago... But someone in his family has been or was put away when he was a kid...

Geelong v Port Adelaide
MCG, Friday September 13, 7.50pm AEST

GEELONG
In: J.Hunt, T.Hawkins, T.Hunt
Out: C.Enright (knee), J.Caddy (ankle), J.Walker
Emerg: J. Murdoch, J. Stringer, T. West

PORT ADELAIDE
In: -
Out: -
Emerg: J. Neade, J. Hombsch, P. Stewart

Sydney Swans v Carlton
ANZ Stadium, Saturday September 14, 7.45pm AEST

SYDNEY SWANS
In: H.Cunningham, S.Biggs
Out: B.McGlynn (calf), G.Rohan
Emerg: B. Jack, J. Lamb, D. Towers

CARLTON
In: -
Out: -
Emerg: L. Casboult, D. Ellard, B. McLean

Goodes is out for the season. This is good news in one way because it would have taken him time to be match fit.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8722436

Swans team is what they have now... No more time to get more players fit at this stage.

They play each game as it is their grand final. Each week could be their last or further triumph

Goodes is out for the season. This is good news in one way because it would have taken him time to be match fit. 

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8722436

Swans team is what they have now... No more time to get more players fit at this stage.

They play each game as it is their grand final. Each week could be their last or further triumph

There is no doubt that the quality players Sydney have out is affecting the standard of the swans play ..Carlton will be feeling confident
  • Like 1

Article Here

Wasn't Martin's old man a crim? I'm sure I remember watching something about it on the Footy Show a few years ago... But someone in his family has been or was put away when he was a kid...

Oops, I meant Michael Gardiner from the WCE.

BTW, Dustin Martin, with his neck tattoo's wouldn't look out of place on Lockupbiggrin.png

Oops, I meant Michael Gardiner from the WCE.

BTW, Dustin Martin, with his neck tattoo's wouldn't look out of place on Lockupbiggrin.png

I was watching Lockup last week...AN ex gang member, who seemed quite smart, was asked if he liked his Tattoos. He said 'No, they look stupid' or words to that effect. He had a few mis-spelt ones too. laugh.png

Jude Bolton gunning for Heath Shaw to come to the Swans... We'll take Ben Reid on the brother system also..biggrin.png

JUDE Bolton has spoken glowingly of Collingwood defender Heath Shaw and says the Sydney Swans "would love to have his talents at the club".
Coach Nathan Buckley has signalled that a raft of changes are imminent at Collingwood, with Darren Jolly and Alan Didak among those already shown the door, and Shaw's name has been firmly in the spotlight.

Guilty of some ill-disciplined acts in last Saturday's surprise elimination final loss to Port Adelaide, there has been plenty of speculation over Shaw's future at the Magpies.

Heath's brother Rhyce Shaw had his own troubles at the Pies before he was traded to the Swans in 2008, where he has enjoyed a stellar career revival, capped by last year's premiership victory over Hawthorn.

Read Here

Geelong won by 16 points. Good win after being down at half time. Port Adelaide gave a great show. I think next year they will go very well. I am very impressed with Ken Hinkley. His demeanor through the game is great to see. I think a lot of coaches should take a leaf out of his book

• Like 2