Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The scary part for me for tonights winner, is that the Hawks still won without significant

contributions from Buddy, Cyril, Rougheah and Breust.

History is littered with sides who have lost GF's and won the next year.

The Hawks will start as firm favourites next week.

Any of you fine upstanding Bangkok based members going to the Austcham Thailand shindig next Saturday?

Jeez mate...on Grand Final day, what where they thinking?

It is for the Grand Final 6 big screens in operation. http://www.austchamthailand.com/thailandevents?eventId=721790&EventViewMode=EventDetails

Posted Image

well that is different then

Hahaha.. Yeah it's for Grand Final Day ;)

As for the make up of the Grand Final - is it not a little bit of history repeating? Last year the Hawks played Cats same game and EVERYONE was saying it was the Grand Final and then on the day, well we all remember what happened ;)

In case you don't, I'll leave you with this..

"Come'th the hour.. Come'th the man" - Bruce 'delicious' McAveny AFL Grand Final 2012

• Like 1

Hahaha.. Yeah it's for Grand Final Day wink.png

As for the make up of the Grand Final - is it not a little bit of history repeating? Last year the Hawks played Cats same game and EVERYONE was saying it was the Grand Final and then on the day, well we all remember what happened wink.png

"Come'th the hour.. Come'th the man" - Bruce 'delicious' McAveny AFL Grand Final 2012

You going to the function GS? What type of numbers do they get there?

History could repeat itself but Dockers should win tonight. The real problem they face tonight and even so more next week if they win, is expectations from their fans.

They might believe the hype tongue.png

Sydney chairman Richard Colless slams Paul Roos for trying to lure emerging Swans prospects

PAUL Roos is accused of trampling on his legacy at the Swans by trying to recruit young Sydney stars to join him at the Demons.

The new Melbourne coach, who guided Sydney to their 2005 premiership and established the famed Bloods culture, has set his sights on highly rated Swans academy players.

Chairman Richard Colless is furious at the actions new Melbourne coach who is attempting to lure the academy’s best prospect 18 year old Lloyd Perris to the Demons.

“Paul’s actions massively devalue his standing at the club,” Colless told theDaily Telegraph.

“He led the club to it’s first premiership in 72 years. He helped establish the Bloods culture, he is on a pedestal at the Swans and I’m unbelievably disappointed in his actions.

Read Full Article HErehttp://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-chairman-richard-colless-slams-paul-roos-for-trying-to-lure-emerging-swans-prospects/story-fni5fan7-1226723906733

Hahaha.. Yeah it's for Grand Final Day Posted Image

As for the make up of the Grand Final - is it not a little bit of history repeating? Last year the Hawks played Cats same game and EVERYONE was saying it was the Grand Final and then on the day, well we all remember what happened Posted Image

You going to the function GS? What type of numbers do they get there?

History could repeat itself but Dockers should win tonight. The real problem they face tonight and even so more next week if they win, is expectations from their fans.

They might believe the hype Posted Image

Not sure on the numbers as this will be my first..

Last year seemed quite big so hopefully the stars align and it's a repeat of last year hahaha..

Geez, I hope Bristle, Richo and Lingy get the gig tonight.

This was Bruce a few weeks ago "cometh the man, cometh the champion".

I can't remember but it must've been about Judd or Hodge.

And what about last night when Stevie J had a snap for his 4th goal "I wish he'd kicked it,

not because I want Geelong to win, because I love him".

Settle Bruce.

Edited by Will27

wow ! the intensity both on and off the field is quite amazing and something to behold. never seen anything like it in an AFL match before. the Dockers are really giving it to the Swans and i was always told and lead to believe that Perth resembled a sleepy over 60"s retirement village. biggrin.png

wow ! the intensity both on and off the field is quite amazing and something to behold. never seen anything like it in an AFL match before. the Dockers are really giving it to the Swans and i was always told and lead to believe that Perth resembled a sleepy over 60"s retirement village. Posted Image

Swans being made to look like a bottom 8 side.

Midfield shut down. Sustained pressure from Freo. Freo taking marks across the ground, finding the loose man, not giving Sydney any run or time at all.

No way u could see Sydney coming back tonight

Can only hope it doesn't turn into a 100 point loss

Big win for Fremantle. Ron you must be very happy to have them in the Grand Final. They took the foot off in the last quarter to save players from injuries.

I was very impressed with the send off of Jude Bolton by the Fremantle players after the game.

I hope they play next week like they did tonight.

I for one will be hoping they beat Hawthorn.

I will be tipping them to win.

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

Ron19 will be a happy chappie..Probably also Will27 and OldCroc? Farmerjo too?

A lot to be happy about really... Fremantle played a blinder the first half and could have been up by 60 points at the main break. Relentless pressure, good marking, hard tackling, brilliant tagging and nullification of Sydneys top players. Good team work all over the field. They just know where there team mates are going to be and what their roles are. The inaccuracy in front was a small concern, but maybe just nerves. At no stage did Sydney look like they could win.

After that performance It is very hard to split the teams for next week

• Like 1

Big win for Fremantle. Ron you must be very happy to have them in the Grand Final. They took the foot off in the last quarter to save players from injuries.

I was very impressed with the send off of Jude Bolton by the Fremantle players after the game.

I hope they play next week like they did tonight.

I for one will be hoping they beat Hawthorn.

I will be tipping them to win.

better you tip against them rip,i've seen your form for last week.biggrin.png

• Like 1

A lot to be happy about really... Fremantle played a blinder the first half and could have been up by 60 points at the main break. Relentless pressure, good marking, hard tackling, brilliant tagging and nullification of Sydneys top players. Good team work all over the field. They just know where there team mates are going to be and what their roles are. The inaccuracy in front was a small concern, but maybe just nerves. At no stage did Sydney look like they could win.

I'm happy having to have coached fyfe at junior level.smile.png

He had a good game tonight.

What age were you coaching Fyfe?

a good game tonight.

I was 24 at the time,now 42 seems a long time ago since i came to thailand at 33,miss my footy but divorce does that to you.thumbsup.gif

a good game tonight.

I was 24 at the time,now 42 seems a long time ago since i came to thailand at 33,miss my footy but divorce does that to you.thumbsup.gif

Only 42 mate? 2 years younger than me. 10 years in Thailand is a long time

So Fyfe was...age 4?

Little league it was but reflecting i must have been a little younger.Craig micherton was actual coach,i was doing the league side but assisted.Also coached the morton boys,mitch,cale and jarryd.

Wish mitch could have played tonight after last years special performance.

Little league it was but reflecting i must have been a little younger.Craig micherton was actual coach,i was doing the league side but assisted.Also coached the morton boys,mitch,cale and jarryd. 

No more games for Mitch... He announced this is his last season

Little league it was but reflecting i must have been a little younger.Craig micherton was actual coach,i was doing the league side but assisted.Also coached the morton boys,mitch,cale and jarryd.

No more games for Mitch... He announced this is his last season

Yes.pity he wasted time at the tigers when the swans were a better fix for him.

On a bright note for the swans brigade,dont think they will lose any postion on ladder next year with the talent they have to come back.

• Like 1

The only issue for the boys is Roosey next season...

I potentially can see a couple going down, Mummy would be one, especially if he wants to go home. Jamar would learn a thing or two..

Can't see anyone else looking to go, let alone the Swans trading with Melbourne.

Possibly a few reserves players looking though..

Going to miss mad Monday for the first time in a few years at The Forrester in Slurry Hills... One of the seriously more civilized teams...

Oh well.. That's footy boys.. Love it to hate it..