Where Can I Get A Ps2 Network Disk From ?

JustAnotherFarang

I want to go online and play some games using my ps2 (new model) but it appears that I need a network disk. I never received one with my PS2 and have had no luck finding one online so far. Can anyone point me in the right direction

Cheers

JAF

PS I would prefer to download it if possible as I am not situated in BKK

I want to go online and play some games using my ps2 (new model) but it appears that I need a network disk.  I never received one with my PS2 and have had no luck finding one online so far.  Can anyone point me in the right direction

Cheers

JAF

PS I would prefer to download it if possible as I am not situated in BKK

I think you have to buy a Network Adapter which you attach to the back of your PS2. The adapter comes with a disc that allows you to set up your PS2 with your ISP settings so that you can play on-line. I did all this but have still failed to play on-line. I believe it's because I have a D-LINK wireless router. However, the problem has apparently been resolved with the new Firmware that is now available. I'm not brave enough to download the new Firmware because I'm scared I may screw up my Internet connection and then I would really be stuffed.

I think you have to buy a Network Adapter which you attach to the back of your PS2. The adapter comes with a disc that allows you to set up your PS2 with your ISP settings so that you can play on-line. I did all this but have still failed to play on-line. I believe it's because I have a D-LINK wireless router. However, the problem has apparently been resolved with the new Firmware that is now available. I'm not brave enough to download the new Firmware because I'm scared I may screw up my Internet connection and then I would really be stuffed.

With the PS2 new model no network adaptor is needed because it has an ethernet port which will connect to my new 4 port ethernet modem (thanks 2 Monty for the advice on buying the right type of modem).

Alas, when you buy the new ps2, you dont get the network disc (apparently Sony want you to register and then they might send it !!!!) and I have checked on peer to peer to see if anyone had it to share but so far no joy.

Do you have an old ps2 with a network adaptor Thaiowl. If so, is it possible I could get a copy of the cd and then maybe we can work this problem out together......It would be real fun to get online with the ps2 because the games are excellent for this machine

JAF