Swap Tyres On A Ninja 650 To A Versys

i need a shop that can do this ,preferably a shop that that can do it and put the wheels back on properly

so they dont fall off

a scooter shop will do but a big bike shop would be preferred or at least a place that can do a reasonable job

on something bigger than a honda wave

Yip

Kawa Rama 9 generally doesn't deal with aftermarket parts, but tires are no problem. They're now closed for the holiday however, as is pretty much every other big bike shop in the Kingdom.

I had them remove the stock Dunlops on my Versys prior to delivery and had them install Bridgestone Battlax 021's instead since the Dunlops have had nothing but terrible reviews and I've always been happy with the Bridgestones.

Most car shops can mount and balance motorcycle wheels and tires too, but you'll probably need to put your bike on stands and bring in the wheels yourself.

Edited by BigBikeBKK

i dont mind waiting a few days to get it done properly in rama 9

anything is better than a half ass job in a scooter shop by some kid who thinks wheels balance themselves

Now now, not ALL scooter shops are that inept- but I would recommend keeping a close eye on them!

Changing a tire and balancing a wheel is the same on a scooter as on a big bike, and sometimes you just have to make due-

556252_10151457510635710_508210709_23754287_1954345307_n.jpg

And an out of balance wheel really isn't THAT big of a deal unless it's WAY out of balance and/or you like to ride way above the speed limit smile.png

Edited by BigBikeBKK

anything is better than a half ass job in a scooter shop by some kid who thinks wheels balance themselves

Now now, not ALL scooter shops are that inept- but I would recommend keeping a close eye on them!

Changing a tire and balancing a wheel is the same on a scooter as on a big bike, and sometimes you just have to make due-

And an out of balance wheel really isn't THAT big of a deal unless it's WAY out of balance and/or you like to ride way above the speed limit smile.png

dear lord ,you let them do that to your versys ? LOL

actually ,the dunlop sportmax are fine ,just the pirellis are softer and grippier

I needed my new lights put on last week and i tried a couple of scooter shops after kawasaki didnt want to do it ,

the first one where i usually go the guy looked at it,looked at the versys and walked away shaking his head

then i tried another one around soi 3 who sell and install scooter lights

they also had never installed them on a bike like the versys and were worried the electrical cables of the digital speedo

may get messed up ??/ dont ask ....

eventually i found another shop in soi pracha songkro ( who sells similar lights) said he could do it and got to work

after about two hours he electrocuted himself on the ground wire and said the ON/OFF switch was faulty so it cant be done

i bought another switch ,and came back to him as agreed ,he has closed his shop and disappeared ,i call his mobile number

and he says he had to go away to pick up something ,hel call me when he comes back ,he didnt call ........:D

brought it to a big bike shop and they had the lights installed and working inside 15 minutes and nobody got electrocuted

oh,and they used the first switch which the scooter shop guy said couldnt be used due to being faulty :D

Alls well that ends well !