Thailand Needs Cricket

I like what i see Harry. You are a man with taste.

However..one point .... is MisterCup a clue?? Just asking

you have me worried now

I think we are safe...the site has a page on the health benifits of coffee for women.....Hope so anyway.

Well one of us will have to find out for sure. Where are they promoting next?

At our next game.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like what i see Harry. You are a man with taste.

However..one point .... is MisterCup a clue?? Just asking

you have me worried now

I think we are safe...the site has a page on the health benifits of coffee for women.....Hope so anyway.

Well one of us will have to find out for sure. Where are they promoting next?

Do not think I can afford to be there after my performance at the hospital whistling.gif

Edited by harrry

Do not think I can afford to be there after my performance at the hospital whistling.gif

I don't mind taking one for the team this one time

Very obliging. See what cricket can do.

Hardly worth pointing out that this topic is no 16 on the all time leaderboard.

NIce polite interaction with little if any moderation.

Just shows the class of people that come to the Thailand Needs Cricket thread.

Hope every one has enjoyed it as much as me.

Has opened up a whole new world to me when it comes to, discussing, nothing about cricket.

Edited by kevjohn

Hope every one has enjoyed it as much as me.

Has opened up a whole new world to me when it comes to, discussing nothing about cricket.

laugh.png . 3000+ and going strong. Congrats to all.

I still have some news from the 20/20 tournament to share. I hope to be able to do so very soon

Awesome performance by the umpires...

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

* sigh *

There was a whole page of material to discuss.

You had ...

... and we got three pages of Coffee, Red Fanta and Lamb with mint sauce ... bah.gif

The symbolic 3,000th post made by harrry recounting his Hospital trip ... ermm.gif

* sigh *

Yes, I'm like this guy post-104736-0-98454900-1339896266_thumb. for the moment... not very jai yen

Just a small aside to kevjohn ... you were ever a fan of the old style drink (which I was) of creaming soda ... Red Fanta ... same but slightly different.

Thai Visa Cricket Team 1.2 ... same but (slightly) different.

New upgraded version (1.2) now with two eyes

Foot note for Clarification.

I happen to like coffee very much. My mate who I went to watch the game with last night, his daughter actually has a coffee van and they import coffee cups into the Australian market.

Red Fanta is very refreshing

And I happen to like Lamb with Mint Sauce

And harrry, your Hospital story did make me warmly smile.

For some fun I bowled into the UK Pensions post and nicked their 1,000 post and promoted this

But some days later, some previous posts were deleted and the entry was the 998th posting ... but the point was made ... don't ignore the fact that Cricket is important to Thailand!

Edited by David48

So, my time here is coming to a close and the drawers are slowly being emptied.

Let me have a poke around and what I can find in the bottom drawer on the left side.

Maybe symbolism isn't your guys go?

This was a classic moment for England ...

post-104736-0-49864600-1339897152_thumb.

I wonder what Thailand's classic moment will be?

* sigh *

You had ...

... and we got three pages of Coffee, Red Fanta and Lamb with mint sauce ... bah.gif

The symbolic 3,000th post made by harrry recounting his Hospital trip ... ermm.gif

* sigh *

Yes, I'm like this guy post-104736-0-98454900-1339896266_thumb. for the moment... not very jai yen

Just a small aside to kevjohn ... you were ever a fan of the old style drink (which I was) of creaming soda ... Red Fanta ... same but slightly different.

I happen to like coffee very much. My mate who I went to watch the game with last night, his daughter actually has a coffee van and they import coffee cups into the Australian market.

For some fun I bowled into the UK Pensions post and nicked their 1,000 post and promoted this

But some days later, some previous posts were deleted and the entry was the 998th posting ... but the point was made ... don't ignore the fact that Cricket is important to Thailand!

Do agree with you re the old flavored creaming soda. Was a good drink.

My favorite is ginger beer. Love that Bundaberg ginger beer.

Made, many a ginger beer brew, when on the farm.

Wake up to the sounds of bottles exploding.

Ahhh.....the good old days.

If cricket became a national sport in Thailand it would just be another country Australia would smash. I suppose then all the poms in Thailand would have something in common!!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

* sigh *

You had ...

* sigh *

maybe if you wwere not spending your time trying to get runs in other threads YOU could have been 3000

^^ harrry to reply to your above comment would lower the tone of this thread, so I will humbly agree that your statement above is correct.

Always play with a straight bat ... post-104736-0-26032000-1339901020_thumb.

So, may we now get back to the Cricket Score?

ps ... thanks to kevjohn for agreeing with harrry and Liking his comment.

Edited by David48

Hmmmm..Wonder what a Thai batsmen would do when the Wickie whispers quietly that he fcuked his wife the night before.........

I don't think they could cope with sledging.

Cricket doesn't do well in countries that have a "face" culture.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

I see cricket as a solution to such cultural imperfections

Spoken like a true Pommie. England, during its history of colonisation, considered it a responsibility to wipe out cultural imperfections of her subject nations around the globe, welcomed or not.

Edited by Radar501

Hmmmm..Wonder what a Thai batsmen would do when the Wickie whispers quietly that he fcuked his wife the night before.........

I don't think they could cope with sledging.

Cricket doesn't do well in countries that have a "face" culture.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

I see cricket as a solution to such cultural imperfections

Spoken like a true Pommie. England, during its history of colonisation, considered it a responsibility to wipe out cultural imperfections of her subject nations around the globe, welcomed or not.

Thank you for your contribution and for adding a historical context. As discussed earlier in the thread, the fact that Thailand has never been colonised means that their society lacks a certain perspective that only an outsider can provide.

We will of course have to convince the Thai government that the effect on Thailand of introducing cricket will be positive, before they add it to the national school curriculum. Bringing an end to the "face" culture is arguably one of the biggest potential benefits.

If cricket became a national sport in Thailand it would just be another country Australia would smash. I suppose then all the poms in Thailand would have something in common!!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Who are the #1 Test cricket team in the world?...

* sigh *

You had ...

* sigh *

I love lamb with mint sauce

With the process of cleaning out the drawers ... this one was marked miscellaneous.

So for the next few posts, shots to all over the field.

post-104736-0-51846900-1339794505_thumb.

Once Thailand develops a deep love of Cricket, maybe they develop their own special bat designs within International Standards.

They even could produce a version of the Sponsors bat ... post-104736-0-52095900-1339794699_thumb.

Thai Visa Cricket ... diversifying the Economic base of Thailand

post-104736-0-97789700-1339794803_thumb.

Indeed, Thailand could manufacturer cricket bats, balls, pads, boxes, caps, whites, cucumber sandwiches, umpires' coats, wicketkeepers' gloves, cricket nets, bowling machines and scoreboards...

Anything else?...

Speaking of Hubs ... there was a news article recently that Thailand had also become a Medical Hub.

So, with that in mind ...post-104736-0-38276100-1339795494_thumb.

Thai Visa Cricket ... adding to Thailand’s Hubs

Indeed, we need to think about partnerships with various tourism operators. For example, local English village cricket teams could combine a cricket tour of Thailand with some cultural experiences... any more ideas?

With the process of cleaning out the drawers ... this one was marked miscellaneous.

Once Thailand develops a deep love of Cricket, maybe they develop their own special bat designs within International Standards.

They even could produce a version of the Sponsors bat ... post-104736-0-52095900-1339794699_thumb.

Indeed, Thailand could manufacturer cricket bats, balls, pads, boxes, caps, whites, cucumber sandwiches, umpires' coats, wicketkeepers' gloves, cricket nets, bowling machines and scoreboards...

Anything else?...

Not manufacture but, produce, excellent cricketers.

@ David

I hope you don't mind I am using that wonderful image you posted as my new avatar

I have explained to my daughter it is to protect her identity (not entirely true I must admit)

No problems brit1984 ... as you know I've made a few Avatars for the members here and found others on the internet to use and I am sure that it suits you perfectly.

If you actually want one designed specificially for you, give me an idea of the background image and the words/slogan you want and I'll mock something up for you ... or carry on with what you have now.

Funny though ... the first one I made was for this thread, and the 2nd for SC ... and they remain my two favourites.

Speaking of manufacturing ... the top draw on the right hand side of the desk is stuffed full of T-Shirts.

post-104736-0-39846800-1339910476_thumb.

post-104736-0-92326600-1339910478_thumb.

'Hook or 'Pull' ... I went with the Cricket Hookers ... better then the other option.

post-104736-0-15358900-1339910481_thumb.

Note to Mods reading this particular:- A hook shot in Cricket is named as the shot that one pulls to 'off-side' of the players natural stance ... same as in Gold, when you 'hook' the ball.

Edited by David48

Anything else?...

Perhaps they could manufacture statistics.

Always come in handy in cricket, statistics do.

SC

TV Cricket

Now with 27% more statistics