Thailand Needs Cricket

But is not cricket a game that regards stretching the bounds as a positive virtue. After all as far as I know it is the only game which rewards going out of bounds by rewarding a battsman who hits the ball out of bounds.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But is not cricket a game that regards stretching the bounds as a positive virtue. After all as far as I know it is the only game which rewards going out of bounds by rewarding a battsman who hits the ball out of bounds.

Spot on Harry...that is why you like to go for a 6 so that you are rewarded for going out of bounds.....wink.png

Spot on Harry...that is why you like to go for a 6 so that you are rewarded for going out of bounds.....wink.png

If I may be so bold, harrry*, perhaps we could put you in charge of pushing the boundaries. And perhaps, pushing the envelope, should we have any cause to deal with officialdom here in Thailand

SC

TV Cricket

The Team with Two Knees

and a bigger envelope

* I had to count my Rs there, and that didn't sound right...

Those who understand the universe, understand cricket

Those who understand cricket, understand the universe

I don't understand the universe, so I will never understand cricket.

And, as I will never understand cricket, "where does that leave me"?

Standing at the bus stop of life.

Jump on, kevjohn there's room for one on top!

post-60794-0-39900900-1339385536_thumb.j

SC

TV Cricket

Just hold out your knees

So kevjohn ... you have the Pitch all to yourself ... care to bowl the first ball of the new day.

David48 I had to really focus to see who you were talking to there...

SC

TV Cricket

Be brave - be bold!

"To whom" - I make myself look like an illiterate.

To whom, or not to whom, that is the question

Whether it is nobler (knobblier?) to suffer the slings and arrows of arbitrary ruling

Or offer alms to a see of troubles, and by opposing, end them?

Thanks for the public support.

We both know what we mean ... wai.gif

So kevjohn ... you have the Pitch all to yourself ... care to bowl the first ball of the new day.

David48 I had to really focus to see who you were talking to there...

SC

TV Cricket

Be brave - be bold!

"To whom" - I make myself look like an illiterate.

To whom, or not to whom, that is the question

Whether it is nobler (knobblier?) to suffer the slings and arrows of arbitrary ruling

Or offer alms to a see of troubles, and by opposing, end them?

Thanks for the public support.

We both know what we mean ... wai.gif

Always happy to help, David48 to hold out a knee for a friend in need

TV Cricket

To boldly knee

Where you've never been kneed before

Ahhhh the smell of beautiful coffee from Mae Suai accompanied by the gentle hiss of the espresso machine.....first coffee of the day coming up.....

Sorry Kevin...you will have to stic with the Pablo..

Good on you harrry. I worry that kevjohn may miss your subtle dig.

Personally, I have had to swear off coffee, for fear that it keeps me awake at work

SC

TV Cricket

Whether it is knobbleir in the mind

or in the knees

That's why I add the salt....hardens the arteries...slows the blood flow.....makes ya tired.....see.... there's a reason for everything......sad.png

I used to work with a bloke who, before he got his Uni degree used to be a chain man with a Surveying company.

Tough as old boot straps he was.

Anyway, if we were tossing a few back and he thought that his beer was going a bit flat ... out came the salt, into the beer, and up came the bubbles ... worked a treat.

Not exactly Cricketing chat I know but I allow myself the distraction sometimes.

Standing at the bus stop of life.

Jump on, kevjohn there's room for one on top!

post-60794-0-39900900-1339385536_thumb.j

SC

TV Cricket

Just hold out your knees

Is this the start of my education re learning about cricket?smile.png .......I'm all ears..wink.png

^^ from above ... I know how you are feeling in the cold and wet.

post-104736-0-54600500-1339371017_thumb.

Here is a solution if the heavens open up a little too much.

... and I have no idea where I get these ... these images are just a magnet to my computer ... must as the selection for the early Cheer Squad members were.

Speaking of which ... how is everyone's knees?

My knees are perfect

So you are saying that these are not your knees ... post-104736-0-58205200-1339386196_thumb.

If I may be so bold, harrry*, perhaps we could put you in charge of pushing the boundaries. And perhaps, pushing the envelope, should we have any cause to deal with officialdom here in Thailand

SC

TV Cricket

The Team with Two Knees

and a bigger envelope

I have to watch it these days when I fill in a form...I tend to put in the extra r

Ahhhh the smell of beautiful coffee from Mae Suai accompanied by the gentle hiss of the espresso machine.....first coffee of the day coming up.....

Personally, I have had to swear off coffee, for fear that it keeps me awake at work

SC

TV Cricket

or in the knees

That's why I add the salt....hardens the arteries...slows the blood flow.....makes ya tired.....see.... there's a reason for everything......sad.png

I used to work with a bloke who, before he got his Uni degree used to be a chain man with a Surveying company.

Anyway, if we were tossing a few back and he thought that his beer was going a bit flat ... out came the salt, into the beer, and up came the bubbles ... worked a treat.

Not exactly Cricketing chat I know but I allow myself the distraction sometimes.

I am sure you could regale us with many a tale of the chain-men, David48. A rod by a chain by any other name would roll as sweet...

SC

TV Cricket

Bold till you're bowled

SC

TV Cricket

The Team with Two Knees

and a bigger envelope

I have to watch it these days when I fill in a form...I tend to put in the extra r

I didn't know you still had to fill in forms when you pushed the envelope, harrry.

When you put in the extra, do you have to scratch your Rs?

SC

TV Cricket

If it sounds too rude to be true

It probably is

Its all a bit RunDMC - now there's a good cricketing band, kevjohn

SC

TV Cricket

He was bold, he was brave, he was fearless

He was famous for the things that he did

He was quick on the draw

as he tidied up the floor...

So they called him the Orinoco Kid

I really enjoyed that ... have not see that move before.

SC

TV Cricket

or in the knees

Salty Bob puts salt in his beer.

Cheers, Bob, if you're reading this...

SC

TV Cricket

The Team with Two Knees

Its all a bit RunDMC - now there's a good cricketing band, kevjohn

SC

TV Cricket

He was bold, he was brave, he was fearless

He was famous for the things that he did

He was quick on the draw

as he tidied up the floor...

So they called him the Orinoco Kid

I really enjoyed that ... have not see that move before.

+1

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

^^ from above ... I know how you are feeling in the cold and wet.

post-104736-0-54600500-1339371017_thumb.

Here is a solution if the heavens open up a little too much.

... and I have no idea where I get these ... these images are just a magnet to my computer ... must as the selection for the early Cheer Squad members were.

Speaking of which ... how is everyone's knees?

My knees are perfect

So you are saying that these are not your knees ... post-104736-0-58205200-1339386196_thumb.

My knees are much bigger

Think positive; confidence can do wonders for your batting average

You will understand cricket and you will understand the universe

I am sure you could regale us with many a tale of the chain-men, David48. A rod by a chain by any other name would roll as sweet...

SC

TV Cricket

Bold till you're bowled

Since it appears to be one of those mornings (where you guys are) ... speaking of

... whistling.gif

Yeah Boss...Harry's helpen....He keep upen the score each morning. Then I have to THINK positive to put me run count up....wink.png

Yeah Boss...Harry's helpen....He keep upen the score each morning. Then I have to THINK positive to put me run count up....wink.png

Noooooooooooooooo !

It's not about the run count.

It's about quality stroke play.

Don't worry about the runs ... if you have quality stroke play, the runs will come naturally.

Look ... we all like to score ... and score often.

Sometimes we go through multiple batting partners when we have a innings longer then most.

But the long innings come from time in the nets, self practise, then when you are called out to the middle it's time to man up.

If you have had the quality stroke play with your batting partner ... everything will flow smoothly.

You'll be in till lunch, and if you have taken your medication for the day still up for play later in the afternoon.

Savvy ?

Edited by David48

So to harry, whose services to this thread will be whispered about in days to come you are here by awarded the following Thai Visa Cricketing Team caricature.

Personally, I considered it (the caricature) one of my favourites and was saving it for an auspicious occasion like this.

Welcome aboard harry ... clap2.gif

post-104736-0-56860000-1339388157_thumb.

COUGH ... approval by others if not harry himself?

Noooooooooooooooo !

Don't worry about the runs ... if you have quality stroke play, the runs will come naturally.

Sometimes we go through multiple batting partners when we have a innings longer then most.

But the long innings come from time in the nets, self practise, then when you are called out to the middle it's time to man up.

If you have had the quality stroke play with your batting partner ... everything will flow smoothly.

You'll be in till lunch, and if you have taken your medication for the day still up for play later in the afternoon.

Savvy ?

"the runs come naturally"

"you will be in till lunch"

Are you talking about our forthcoming Thai cricket extension to India to show them how to really treat the game?

Noooooooooooooooo !

Savvy ?

Savvy?....is that something to do with those things that look like sausages that are all sun burnt?.....ermm.gif

<snip>

Savvy ?

Savvy?....is that something to do with those things that look like sausages that are all sun burnt?.....ermm.gif

"Take what you can and give nothing back" ...