Thailand Needs Cricket

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the process of cleaning out the drawers ... this one was marked miscellaneous.

So for the next few posts, shots to all over the field.

post-104736-0-51846900-1339794505_thumb.

Once Thailand develops a deep love of Cricket, maybe they develop their own special bat designs within International Standards.

They even could produce a version of the Sponsors bat ... post-104736-0-52095900-1339794699_thumb.

Thai Visa Cricket ... diversifying the Economic base of Thailand

post-104736-0-97789700-1339794803_thumb.

With the process of cleaning out the drawers ... this one was marked miscellaneous.

So for the next few posts, shots to all over the field.

post-104736-0-51846900-1339794505_thumb.

Once Thailand develops a deep love of Cricket, maybe they develop their own special bat designs within International Standards.

They even could produce a version of the Sponsors bat ... post-104736-0-52095900-1339794699_thumb.

Thai Visa Cricket ... diversifying the Economic base of Thailand

post-104736-0-97789700-1339794803_thumb.

Great thinking and good photo

I will sleep well tonight with the image of all those cricket bats in my mind

Thankyou

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

If the political tension rise too much in Thailand through the 3rd reading of the Constitution Bill then we can implore the restless Thai population to ... post-104736-0-73203800-1339795193_thumb.

THAILAND ... Asia's new Cricketing Hub

Edited by David48

If the political tension rise too much in Thailand through the 3rd reading of the Constitution Bill then we can implore the restless Thai population to ... post-104736-0-73203800-1339795193_thumb.

Beautiful

Now, as we all know, there does seem to be a skewed demographic of more mature Cricketing Ex-Pats living in the ChonBuri Province (notice the non-reference to Pattaya).

Having had their love of their Sporting Life being cut short but a relocation to Thailand, a mentoring program could be introduced (as suggested back on post # 2469 ... maybe SC will get that one) where both the health and fitness of the ex-pats could be improved as well as fostering a better understanding of both Cultures.

post-104736-0-55079100-1339797676_thumb.

Given the other distorted demographic in ChonBuri ... maybe this also would be an opportunity to focus on the female population and developing their love of Cricket.

Also because of the location by the beach ... maybe this area may develop further.

post-104736-0-40447900-1339796686_thumb.

Plus the likely that many will be single mothers, the opportunity to teach them young

post-104736-0-42223500-1339796681_thumb.

Thailand … the Hub of Intergenerational Cultural Exchanges

COUGH ... all 'Likes' are appreciated (especially on this page and the next of content).

Edited by David48

Now ... one final one before the drinks break ...

Maybe why the Yanks never get Cricket and think that every Culture is the same as theirs ... or, more correctly, that their social norms are globally applicable. Was from 2010 ...

So, below was the original bone of contention.

The KFC ad.

How some Americians saw it.

Split over 2 posts ...

following on from above ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Btq4pBouo

How the Aussies saw the Americians seeing it.

How the Americians saw the Aussies saw the Americians seeing it.

youtube.com/watch?v=GeDuCjcZjsw (you will have to supply your own alphabet)

How one particular Aussie saw it.

WARNING:- Profanity alert as it is a web blog (but not a Forum etc)

I wonder if this gentleman visits Thailand and is a poster here on TVF?

Edited by David48

Forgive me for this long post.....

But having started my research, and contemplating many avenues that may need to be explored,

I have come to the difficult position of deciding how many Cheer Leader Squads we require.

Do we have a squad for our National Cricket team and separate squads for our Provincial teams?

Then to cover our District teams, do we provide them with their own Cheer Leader Squad?

My research shows that we have 76 Provinces and 795 districts.

So working on this as a base, we would require 872 teams.

Now, in cheerleading, there are several divisions:

Levels 1-4 have the small and large divisions. There are 5-20 girls on a small team, 21-32 girls on a large team. Level 5 has 4 divisions: small, medium, large, and international.

Small has 5-20 members. Medium has 5-30 members. Large has 5-36 members. International Open 5 has 5-24 members. International Open 6 has 5-24 members.

So looking at these figures, do we settle, for say 10, as a set number for each team?

Mind, we do have to consider SC when finalising this figure, as he has to arrange transport.

Also, he only has two knees.

So, having put these figures forward for discussion,

I would appreciate some input as to what may be required in relation to our Cheer Leader Squads.

Now, we must not forget our Cricket Calendar.

If I may suggest, we could choose from the Cheer Leader Squads that represent each districts,

12 Cheer Squad Members for the Province calendar.

And for the National calendar, they could be chosen from the Cheer Leader Squads representing the Nation as well as the Provinces.

As I said before, any input will be very much appreciated.

Any new members to our team are urged to supply input as this is a team effort to show why

“Thailand Needs Cricket”

PM, if you can add any visuals to this for discussion, please do. You may find something as you dig deeper into those drawers.

. You may find something as you dig deeper into those drawers.

So you really have been to Pattaya.

Only for a day......almost staved.

Could only find seafood...yuck.....and red Fanta.....sad.png

But having started my research, and contemplating many avenues that may need to be explored,

I have come to the difficult position of deciding how many Cheer Leader Squads we require.

Do we have a squad for our National Cricket team and separate squads for our Provincial teams?

Then to cover our District teams, do we provide them with their own Cheer Leader Squad?

Levels 1-4 have the small and large divisions. There are 5-20 girls on a small team, 21-32 girls on a large team. Level 5 has 4 divisions: small, medium, large, and international.

Small has 5-20 members. Medium has 5-30 members. Large has 5-36 members. International Open 5 has 5-24 members. International Open 6 has 5-24 members.

So looking at these figures, do we settle, for say 10, as a set number for each team?

Mind, we do have to consider SC when finalising this figure, as he has to arrange transport.

I would appreciate some input as to what may be required in relation to our Cheer Leader Squads.

If I may suggest, we could choose from the Cheer Leader Squads that represent each districts,

And for the National calendar, they could be chosen from the Cheer Leader Squads representing the Nation as well as the Provinces.

Any new members to our team are urged to supply input as this is a team effort to show why

“Thailand Needs Cricket”

PM, if you can add any visuals to this for discussion, please do. You may find something as you dig deeper into those drawers.

Sorry, i couldn't read the whole post, I was so hurt by the cruel and personal jibes.

The sole word I understood there was "only".Are you saying my knees are not plentiful enough? Are you having a go at my knees? That's below the belt, so it is.

I think you'll find, with knees as with West Banks, its quality and occupation that matters, and my knees are as occupied as anyone's

SC

Really, the cheek of it. Taking a shot at my knees. When I've had my hands full with a cheerleader on each knee driving the bus and the cheerleader's coach - I've driven him quite mad, you know.............

TV Cricket

If you can't grumble in discontent

Where can you grumble

Drinking Red Fanta was the highlight of my day trip to Pattaya...

The wife (and Thai friends / family) enjoyed the whacky seafood...

I had a Big Mac instead

Must say that when I was waiting at the hospital to see the doctor to get my next three months medicine they ran out of chairs. I told the pretty nurse near me that if they had two pretty newcomers they could sit on my knee...She repeated it aloud and all the old thai ladies burst out laughing.

Cannot remember much more as I woke up in emergency...my wife hit me.

Must say that when I was waiting at the hospital to see the doctor to get my next three months medicine they ran out of chairs. I told the pretty nurse near me that if they had two pretty newcomers they could sit on my knee...She repeated it aloud and all the old thai ladies burst out laughing.

You were lucky she heard you before anyone else arrived...

SC

TV Cricket

Caring for the knees of others

“Thailand Needs Cricket”

Sorry, i couldn't read the whole post, I was so hurt by the cruel and personal jibes.

The sole word I understood there was "only".Are you saying my knees are not plentiful enough? Are you having a go at my knees? That's below the belt, so it is.

I think you'll find, with knees as with West Banks, its quality and occupation that matters, and my knees are as occupied as anyone's

SC

Really, the cheek of it. Taking a shot at my knees. When I've had my hands full with a cheerleader on each knee driving the bus and the cheerleader's coach - I've driven him quite mad, you know.............

TV Cricket

If you can't grumble in discontent

Where can you grumble

If, only only only, I had known you were related to "Jake the Peg"....whistling.gif

Edit to add

And as for taking a shot at you knees, there safe, as I'd miss at point blank range.

Edited by kevjohn

Drinking Red Fanta was the highlight of my day trip to Pattaya...

The wife (and Thai friends / family) enjoyed the whacky seafood...

I had a Big Mac instead

The highlight of my trip, was having a cup of the unmentionable, when I arrived home.

Is that all?

Is that all?

She was not game to do much more....when my wife complained about us having to drive all the way down to Bangkok every year the nurse said not to worry she would go with me next time.....My wife is scared I will take her up on it.

well...some years ago I was advised that if you really annoy yer partner in Thailand then yer genitals may be removed and fed to the ducks...but that was before the little niece was born and now I have protection...and now I watch her sleeping and she looks like a mayan princess that would be ferocious in battle...so, I don't worry much...

ye oughta get yerself one of them thai nieces...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Is that all?

She was not game to do much more....when my wife complained about us having to drive all the way down to Bangkok every year the nurse said not to worry she would go with me next time.....My wife is scared I will take her up on it.

I can understand why, too.

On another thread, the conversation has recently strayed off-topic onto tattoos. While I don't want to anger the OP over there by giving my opinion, I know the OP over here will not mind.

What do you all think about tattoos? I have noticed some cricketers have them these days (although generally not those that play with a straight bat), and many non-cricketers too.

I personally find it hard to take people with tattoos seriously, but I understand that might just be because of my upbringing in the UK, where a tattoo is generally considered to be a label of evil.

How are tattoos viewed in Australia? Should we encourage / discourage / forbid tattoos among the young generation of Thai cricketers? Is having a tattoo good / bad for your cricket (and your life in general)?