Manchester United

redrus

If they continue to do this type of thing (offering matches on channels I can't get cause they ran out of equipment) I will unsubscribe.

I think you misunderstand. The match will be shown on regular True Sport Channel for Gold subscribers and up. What emubob is complaining about is them not showing on regular HD but on the new HD extra service that requires an extra premium to be paid. If i am understanding correctly...

Correct Rixalex! The match will be shown on Channel 101 to Gold and Platinum subscribers. However, for those who have HD the match will now be shown on True Sports HD2. That means only those with a special cable feed will get the match. Anyone who has a satellite dish is unable to get the new HD channels even if they are prepared to pay the extra cost. Therefore, the vast majority of True HD subscribers won't get it in HD. Considering we already pay an extra fee this is extremely poor form from True Vision. True Sport HD has been pointless since the football finished. The past two months have had hardly any top live sports action. Very disappointing.

It will be interesting to see how the season unfolds and whether they will show the premium matches on HD2 in order to get us mugs to stump up even more cash. I hope not but I have my reservations!

Looking forward to hushing up those 'noisy neighbours' though!!!!

If they continue to do this type of thing (offering matches on channels I can't get cause they ran out of equipment) I will unsubscribe.

I think you misunderstand. The match will be shown on regular True Sport Channel for Gold subscribers and up. What emubob is complaining about is them not showing on regular HD but on the new HD extra service that requires an extra premium to be paid. If i am understanding correctly...

Correct Rixalex! The match will be shown on Channel 101 to Gold and Platinum subscribers. However, for those who have HD the match will now be shown on True Sports HD2. That means only those with a special cable feed will get the match. Anyone who has a satellite dish is unable to get the new HD channels even if they are prepared to pay the extra cost. Therefore, the vast majority of True HD subscribers won't get it in HD. Considering we already pay an extra fee this is extremely poor form from True Vision. True Sport HD has been pointless since the football finished. The past two months have had hardly any top live sports action. Very disappointing.

It will be interesting to see how the season unfolds and whether they will show the premium matches on HD2 in order to get us mugs to stump up even more cash. I hope not but I have my reservations!

Looking forward to hushing up those 'noisy neighbours' though!!!!

Thanks for the confirmation of my assumptions and i agree with all your sentiments, most especially the closing ones!!!

Have just found out that FA Community Shield match on Sunday v Man City is being shown on True Sport HD2. That is a complete joke considering all those who are unable to get the new HD channels will not be able to see it in HD. This company at times really do take the p***.

I've have written a strong letter of complaint as to why it will not be shown on True Sport HD1. If enough of you with HD do the same then who knows, they may switch it. Failing that, it will have to be Channel 101 which after having watched footie in HD for a season is like going back to black and white TV. Shocking stuff.

C'mon the Reds!

2-0 for City if City play their reserves :rolleyes:

Adder, when is the last time you played in a community shield_this millenium?

Why ? what has that to do with anything ? Or are you one of them rags that go on about history like no other team has 1 .Or maybe you only started supporting them in 1992 .

Anyway we hadn't played in a semi since 84 but we still won very easy ,it was a stroll in the park .

last season

Edited by adder

Am i alone in thinking that the ManYoo thread is sounding ever more paranoid about their neighbours? You have accept the inevitable. Take the pain as it were.

The truth is that as long as the arabs are enjoying their play thing city will trophys. They are moving streadily in the right direction continuing to improve and have little or no weaknesses.

What will you do after red nose finishes? Are you sure Jose will lead you or will he decide to stay with or move to a bigger club than yours? All questions without answers yet.

The answer we do have is that City will spend whatever it takes to succeed. Mindyou, Utd have been spending big for years have'nt they,

Well adder, I find it strangely funny that a scouse would really care about the result of a community shield that you weren't playing in. Don't worry, whoever wins it will still be level on points with you though.

Who said I was a mickey mouse ? Level on points ?

Am i alone in thinking that the ManYoo thread is sounding ever more paranoid about their neighbours? You have accept the inevitable. Take the pain as it were.

The truth is that as long as the arabs are enjoying their play thing city will trophys. They are moving streadily in the right direction continuing to improve and have little or no weaknesses.

What will you do after red nose finishes? Are you sure Jose will lead you or will he decide to stay with or move to a bigger club than yours? All questions without answers yet.

The answer we do have is that City will spend whatever it takes to succeed. Mindyou, Utd have been spending big for years have'nt they,

A most excellent post Carmine

That's quite an impressive spoon you have there carmine. Is it wooden perchance?

As for Jose, he can go to whichever club wishes to have the egotistical knob and the short-term victory prospects he offers. City would indeed be a good fit.

That's quite an impressive spoon you have there carmine. Is it wooden perchance?

As for Jose, he can go to whichever club wishes to have the egotistical knob and the short-term victory prospects he offers. City would indeed be a good fit.

:D You don't want to play do you Rix!!

You know i'm joking sure, but, theres a reality there also, like it or not.

Edited by carmine

Looking forward to the game tomorrow,will be good to see a Charity Shield that will be very competitive for a change.

Will be interesting to see who plays and who doesn't with United....Carrick and Hernandez deffo out,saying Fletcher still not fit enough yet!! also Valencia is out.

A midfield of Young,Park,Giggs and Nani (although attacking) shows that we still need another central midfielder very quickly indeed with the absence of Carrick and Fletcher,it is the only position we are lacking unless he is very confident in the likes of Cleverly and POGBA! and Jones going in there too.

biggrin.gif Yeah i know.

To be honest though, i'd be much more concerned if they weren't so hell-bent on the instant success thing. It might bear a few fruit for them to make a lot of noise about, but it won't be sustainable, and that is the key.

I think City will win the league within the next two or 3 years but to call us paranoid is a bit rich. As Fergie pointed out, we will rise to the challenge as we have always done and give them a run for their money, excuse the pun.

If City dont win things over the next few years then questions will be asked and they will be changing managers every five mins, which is just pointless.

Mind you city cant even sell out their tickets for the match tomorrow so maybe the doubts are creeping in already with some city fans eh.

Yep James,but there is a lot of truth in it and i would say that if he wants to join us he will this week .

If not we can settle for that scouser wink.gif

scouser ? Gerrard? let's see what happens with WS. City will probably offer to pay him 400k a week just to have him not join us.

Joey Joey, wink.gif i think WS will join us this week.

Apparently WS IS of to City, all over Italian papers this morning

Yep James,but there is a lot of truth in it and i would say that if he wants to join us he will this week .

If not we can settle for that scouser wink.gif

scouser ? Gerrard? let's see what happens with WS. City will probably offer to pay him 400k a week just to have him not join us.

Joey Joey, wink.gif i think WS will join us this week.

Apparently WS IS of to City, all over Italian papers this morning

I think City will win the league within the next two or 3 years but to call us paranoid is a bit rich. As Fergie pointed out, we will rise to the challenge as we have always done and give them a run for their money, excuse the pun.

If City dont win things over the next few years then questions will be asked and they will be changing managers every five mins, which is just pointless.

Mind you city cant even sell out their tickets for the match tomorrow so maybe the doubts are creeping in already with some city fans eh.

There is no doubts by City fans . The charity shield never sells out . United fans live on the doorstep of Wembley yet it is rare that they sell all their tickets .

It has taken Mancini just 18 months to bring the first trophy home . How long did it take Bacon face ? As to giving City a run for their money .I think Bacon will have to buy much better players than he has in the last 2yrs .

City will win the Prem this year I am sure of that . As to 2moz well I think City should play their 2nd string to make the game a little more even than the FA cup semi

biggrin.gif Yeah i know.

To be honest though, i'd be much more concerned if they weren't so hell-bent on the instant success thing. It might bear a few fruit for them to make a lot of noise about, but it won't be sustainable, and that is the key.

You are a funny man arn't you .

The substainable part is the Academy training up to 400 at any given moment . What is not substainable is Trafford going more & more into debt by buying no more than average prospect players at grossly inflated prices on tick like they have been doing for the last 4 or 5 years. Since The Magoo family took over.

Now where is that 150mil war chest ? Bacon hasen't spent a penny so it should all be there. However they seem to not be able to compete in the transfer market .

Last year no value ,This year we have got the kids coming through .Well the track record for the kids coming through over the last 15yrs has been nothing but pathetic . So don't expect to much there

There is no doubts by City fans . The charity shield never sells out . United fans live on the doorstep of Wembley yet it is rare that they sell all their tickets .

It has taken Mancini just 18 months to bring the first trophy home . How long did it take Bacon face ? As to giving City a run for their money .I think Bacon will have to buy much better players than he has in the last 2yrs .

City will win the Prem this year I am sure of that . As to 2moz well I think City should play their 2nd string to make the game a little more even than the FA cup semi

Fact, united have always sold their tickets for the CS Adder. It makes me chuckle when grown men and your not on your own, have to start coming up with such childish names like bacon face and whiskey red nose etc.

If city win the league, fair play cos they would have been the best team as the table never lies. The thing is adder, some city fans seem to be getting a big too big for your boots early doors. Why dont you just enjoy being able to compete for the time being and if success follows, so be it but as Rix has pointed out, you will have to sustain it for a period of time and more people will sit up and take note, don't you think?

As a manc from north Manchester, Adder, the myth that city fans have deluded themselves with that all united fans only come from outside Manchester is a load of <deleted>.

Fact, united have always sold their tickets for the CS Adder. It makes me chuckle when grown men and your not on your own, have to start coming up with such childish names like bacon face and whiskey red nose etc.

If city win the league, fair play cos they would have been the best team as the table never lies. The thing is adder, some city fans seem to be getting a big too big for your boots early doors. Why dont you just enjoy being able to compete for the time being and if success follows, so be it but as Rix has pointed out, you will have to sustain it for a period of time and more people will sit up and take note, don't you think?

As a manc from north Manchester, Adder, the myth that city fans have deluded themselves with that all united fans only come from outside Manchester is a load of <deleted>.

Good post

BT :jap:

Good post

Where you from BT :whistling::lol:

Good post

Just because I contribute to your Pension every year Mr Bo ! you know I like your humour ! :D

My Mother and brother from Oldham so just a short trip away from the home of the mighty Reds :jap:

BT

Good post

Just because I contribute to your Pension every year Mr Bo ! you know I like your humour ! :D

My Mother and brother from Oldham so just a short trip away from the home of the mighty Reds :jap:

BT

Er............, not from Manchester either are you MrBoj..... :whistling:

redrus

Er.........., not from Manchester either are you MrBoj..... :whistling:

Give over, you Yorkshire git :lol::lol:

Hey Red, I'm back on business next week. Hopefully get to Rochdale (the place I wasn't born :D ) on the 21st/22nd. What you up to. Be nice to meet up again and chew the cud.

Hey Red, I'm back on business next week. Hopefully get to Rochdale (the place I wasn't born :D ) on the 21st/22nd. What you up to. Be nice to meet up again and chew the cud.

Hahahaha...... :lol:

Yeah mate, that'd be sweet. I'll drop you a PM with my UK number and we'll sort 'summat' out.... ;)

redrus

Hahahaha...... :lol:

Yeah mate, that'd be sweet. I'll drop you a PM with my UK number and we'll sort 'summat' out.... ;)

redrus

The meeting will also be sweeter Red when the Mighty Man Utd win on Sunday ! Perhaps Mr Bo will buy you a few beers from his winnings !!! ( chance will be a fine thing ) Mr Bo buying you a drink or two haha :jap: :partytime2:

BT