Manchester United

redrus

but in a way it wouldn't have done us any favours to have won

I love too here your line of thought on this,or are you saying that the realization is kicking in this morning

All I'm saying is that the team thought they could just canter through the game. Now they know that if they want to win, they can't.

Its only the community shield ;)

Btw adder, your 2-0 city prediction was half right-first half that is.

Yeh :) That is the first time I have watched a charity shield match since 68. Has no interest to me unless City are in it . I was hopeing that Mancini would of played some of the kids but he didn't. .

City looked very rusty while Utd looked like they wanted it .

I couldn't believe all the post match hype & celibrations ,how long has that gone on ? Crazy for a pre-season friendley.

New City supporter Adder? Any game between United and City is anything but friendly.

I have been a City supporter since 1962 . This match was just a friendly with nothing at stake . I have followed City all over . However this was hyped up after the match. BY tv & the FA. It was a total joke.

I will add that I watched the match with the comentary turned off as I just can't listen to the total bias of the comentator & pundit that they had .

Last year was the same with these 2 muppets . They would start slagging City players before a ball had been kicked. How bias muppets like them keep their jobs is beyond me.There is no place for bias in such jobs . Baloitelli is always a victim of their attacks to a point where it is vindictive

Baloitelli is always a victim of their attacks to a point where it is vindictive

Balotelli a victim??? jerk.gif

"Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini jokes that Mario Balotelli's unusual behaviour since joining the club have left the manager needing a psychologist". BBC

Methinks it's no joke.

Edited by uptheos

Is it just me or does adder sound a bit bitter about the result?

No it's not just you James, I think you are spot on. I am not sure but I think the story goes that the winners of the Charity shield have gone on to win the EPL recently so this was definately a competive match and a derby match to boot so NOT a friendly in any way.

BT

I'm up in the sticks, and didn't know it was on TV, so I had to "watch it" on BBC TEXT! And even then it was exciting.

I still thought at 2-0 up City wouldn't win it.

There are going to be some great matches next season!

I'm a bit puzzled sc, what's being up in the sticks got to do with not knowing that it was on Tv ;)

Edited by alfieconn

My take on the match was that it was pretty alarming to witness the strength in depth that Man U seem to have now acquired, as opposed to the weakness in depth that City still seem to have.

Can't see Mancini ever outfoxing the grand 'ole fox.

My take on the match was that it was pretty alarming to witness the strength in depth that Man U seem to have now acquired, as opposed to the weakness in depth that City still seem to have.

I doubt he'd beat Sam Allardyce at Mastermind....

Mancini's substitutions were naive and negative. I can't remember now what they were but i distinctly remember thinking that at the time. The main difference between the two sides is the quality of manager. i do think that Mancini has improved as a man manager but tactically he's still the weakest link.

He also looks more like a chick than Ann Robinson.

Mancini's substitutions were naive and negative. I can't remember now what they were but i distinctly remember thinking that at the time. The main difference between the two sides is the quality of manager. i do think that Mancini has improved as a man manager but tactically he's still the weakest link.

He also looks more like a chick than Ann Robinson.

+1 (re the weakest link: most men look more like a chick than AR - my worst nightmare would be waking up next to her)

i do think that Mancini has improved as a man manager but tactically he's still the weakest link.

As opposed to a lady manager?

He IS the weakest link................."Goodbye".

I just said that.

So, I wonder what Etihad's attraction is to a second rate manager?

"Goodbye" meaning he should get the heave ho Ann Robinson style.

Edited by uptheos

i do think that Mancini has improved as a man manager but tactically he's still the weakest link.

As opposed to a lady manager?

He IS the weakest link................."Goodbye".

I just said that.

So, I wonder what Etihad's attraction is to a second rate manager?

"Goodbye" meaning he should get the heave ho Ann Robinson style.

I just can't understand it. The guy is obviously totally out of his depth tactically. It seems farcical to spend all those hundreds of millions on players and not employ someone that is capable of getting the best out of them.

I mean no disrespect to Utd but that game last sunday should have been over and don with at the half time whistle. Add to that we were then subjected to the very dull commentary gushing on with the old "you can never count out man Utd" line ad nauseum. How many times are we going to be subjected to that this season everytime Man Utd score an equaliser? :sick:

[quote name='carmine'

I just can't understand it. The guy is obviously totally out of his depth tactically. It seems farcical to spend all those hundreds of millions on players and not employ someone that is capable of getting the best out of them.

I mean no disrespect to Utd but that game last sunday should have been over and don with at the half time whistle. Add to that we were then subjected to the very dull commentary gushing on with the old "you can never count out man Utd" line ad nauseum. How many times are we going to be subjected to that this season everytime Man Utd score an equaliser? :sick:

I guess Mancini feels as long as he has that stout yeoman Bart Williams to bring on all is not lost. unsure.gif

Yes, you're spot on "totally out of his depth tactically"......although Johnson for Balotelli was OK because ANYONE for Balotelli is OK.

Again you're right - for a team who thinks to challenge Man U for the title, should never surrender a 2 goal lead, no matter what those <deleted> commentator's say. (Yes we will be subjected to it ad nauseam). bah.gif

Edited by uptheos

Good post Santi! ;)

No..... Giggs....Park,.... Fletcher.......Valencia thats a world class midfield in its own right :)

Then there's Hernandez,Fabio,Diouf,Owen,Macheda and a couple of great prospescts who will feature this season in Pogba and Morrison.

Do we need WS! have to get that United in decline thread out again eh? :D also great to see Ferguson change the Centre back pairing at half-time,the man has no fear in his still burning ambitions to create another TEAM at United.

No..... Giggs....Park,.... Fletcher.......Valencia thats a world class midfield in its own right :)

Then there's Hernandez,Fabio,Diouf,Owen,Macheda and a couple of great prospescts who will feature this season in Pogba and Morrison.

Now that IS scary! ohmy.gif

I nearly p1ssed my pants with some of those comments above. Get a grip lads and put in into perspective. It was a friendly and your last competetive matched that you played, you got a good spanking. Short memories eh.

Let's get at least 10 games into the season before spouting off.

As for Mancini. I agree. He's tactically inept. At half time I think Fergie made 3 subs but what did Mancini do? Nothing, he just watched till it was too late.

I nearly p1ssed my pants with some of those comments above. Get a grip lads and put in into perspective. It was a friendly and your last competetive matched that you played, you got a good spanking. Short memories eh.

As for Mancini. I agree. He's tactically inept. At half time I think Fergie made 3 subs but what did Mancini do? Nothing, he just watched till it was too late.

A friendly?? laugh.gif

Sorry mate but that excuse does not ring true...again! and i am surprised at you biggrin.gif a Manchester derby is never a friendly

A spanking? you mean a Champions League Final defeat by the best footballing side in the world wink.gif we are second to them! At half-time mate you was 2-0 up why did Mancini need to do any changes? sshhhhort memory you haha! laugh.gif go on admit it......you got turned around by basically our second string. Mancini was stunned at Uniteds comeback and really could do nothing.

Stop getting so giddy will ya Red. Of course we would have wanterd to win (and I have already stated it) but it was still a friendly and you still don't have any points on the board. All I'm saying is don't carried away. Although I don't know why I'm wasting my breath, you have obviously already gotten too carried away. :)

Like I say. Let's review after 10 games and give a more meaningful summary shall we.

Stop getting so giddy will ya Red. Of course we would have wanterd to win (and I have already stated it) but it was still a friendly and you still don't have any points on the board. All I'm saying is don't carried away. Although I don't know why I'm wasting my breath, you have obviously already gotten too carried away. :)

Like I say. Let's review after 10 games and give a more meaningful summary shall we.

Now now Mr BO, a FRIENDLY derby game between the two Mancester clubs ! That's like saying Rangers and Celtic could have a "FRIENDLY" MATCH. ( I don't think so..) :blink:

First prize won before the season really kicks off, boasting rights for the winners supporters until the next "DERBY" match etc A confidence Boost for the winning players ETC.

No way a friendly, it was a good competive Charity Shield game with end to end exciting football, so well done the Mighty Mancester United.

As a sideline what result did you predict before the match started ? :D

BT :)

Behave yourself sunny jim....! Its not so long ago your season was over ten games in so, who's a short memory.....!!! (when was the last time we went 2 years in a row empty handed......?) (OOooh, I've forgotten, short memory kickin in again.... :whistling: )

;-)

redrus

Re Mancini - Even just his blind support for that moron Balotelli is embarrassing (ignoring actually wanting to buy him). Would you lot have preferred Sparky at the helm on Sunday rather than Mancini? Under Sparky you might have seen them hold onto their lead.

Behave yourself sunny jim....! Its not so long ago your season was over ten games in so, who's a short memory.....!!! (when was the last time we went 2 years in a row empty handed......?) (OOooh, I've forgotten, short memory kickin in again.... :whistling: )

I know only too well where we have come from and the pain we have suffered Redrus. That's why I'm not the one who is gobbing off about "how great we are". Maybe you lot could do with a few seasons of winning nothing, to take the arrogance away.

Would you lot have preferred Sparky at the helm on Sunday rather than Mancini? Under Sparky you might have seen them hold onto their lead.

No SC. Sparky is worse. At least with Mancini we moved forward but I don't think he's there for the long term.

Re Mancini - Even just his blind support for that moron Balotelli is embarrassing (ignoring actually wanting to buy him). Would you lot have preferred Sparky at the helm on Sunday rather than Mancini? Under Sparky you might have seen them hold onto their lead.

Balotelli was man of the match in the CUP FINAL which City won . So what he didn't play well in a friendly match . He is a class player . Ballotelli embarressing ?WHY, because he parks his car on double yellows ? or because of a bag heal ? Or maybe the real reason is that he got Rio running round Wembley like a headless chicken & all he done was a WINK WINK. Yes that is the reason isn't it .

Would it make you rags feel better if we said we wanted hughes ?

Well I for one don't want him . Mancini used the Friendly to get players fit . They obviosly needed it they looked a yard behind the pace all the match.

I think what is embaressing about the CS is the way that the rags are shouting off like they have won the CL .

Shrek has declared that Manyoo are the best because they beat City . SO the bar has been set . In order to be the best you have to beat the best in a friendly & the best is Manchester City F.C.