Manchester United

redrus

Just hope its a good game with 11 men on the pitch. Dejong has a red in him me thinks;)

Who is the official tonight-please please not mike riley.

De Jong is a thug and always has a red in him. Won't red nose have his favourite ref for this one? He's always been consistent and calm under pressure in your big games. :D

Clattenburg had a good game for once didn't he!! laugh.gif

Na he missed a penalty for City or two! wink.gif

Don't know why Vidic wasn't playing i have not hid my views on Evans he is a liability and when Ferdinand is with him god knows what they where on.Jones should have played from the start.

I don't think the goalie could be blamed for that shit defensive performance v wink.gif

Edited by MrRed

My line up would have been

Welbeck

Rooney

Young Anderson Clevery Nani

Evra Jones Smalling Fabio

De Gea

To be fair in the first half City really didn't do anything, we pinned them back but they scored a good goal against the run of play.

Then the senseless red card came and everything just kind of spiraled out of control, the last two goals were just stupid...why only 2 defenders back when you are losing 4-1 in injury time? From the looking on Ferdinand's face i was half expecting him to run off down the tunnel crying with 3 minutes left to play.

Edited by dave111223

Welbeck

Rooney

De Gea

To be fair in the first half City really didn't do anything, we pinned them back but they scored a good goal against the run of play.

Then the senseless red card came and everything just kind of spiraled out of control, the last two goals were just stupid...why only 2 defenders back when you are losing 4-1 in injury time? From the looking on Ferdinand's face i was half expecting him to run off down the tunnel crying with 3 minutes left to play.

Agree pretty much with your selection.

You say City didn't do much but truth is they didn't have too. They bossed the midfield from the onset and Ballotelli and Aguero were in a different league to the defence selected to deal with them.

Whats a keeper supposed to do with a defence like that?

The margin between greatness and despair is soooo thin.

Now another team knows how painful it is to be beaten by a 5 goal margin at Old Trafford :rolleyes:.

A power shift has been coming for 18 months. The players are the same strong performers and Man U will still do well, but Fergie seemed to lose his strategic invincibility today. Picking Evans (everyone's been saying for years on this thread that he and Fletcher are weak links), leaving the experienced Vidic on the bench, not substituting Nani, not making substitutions until the game was lost. And his biggest strategic mistake - not quitting while on top of his game.

You say City didn't do much but truth is they didn't have too. They bossed the midfield from the onset and Ballotelli and Aguero were in a different league to the defence selected to deal with them.

Were we watching the same game? I can't find the match statistics online, but i would highly suspect we had more possession in the first half. City certainly didn't "bossed the midfield from the onset"; they may have done in the second half, but first half...no way.

Aguero did almost nothing in the first half; he had what 2 touches maybe?

Again i'm talking about the first half, second half it all pretty much fell apart and any City player could comparatively be described as "in a different league"

Were we watching the same game? I can't find the match statistics online, but i would highly suspect we had more possession in the first half. City certainly didn't "bossed the midfield from the onset"; they may have done in the second half, but first half...no way.

Again i'm talking about the first half, second half it all pretty much fell apart and any City player could comparatively be described as "in a different league"

Man U failed to create enough chances in the first 20 mins when you rightly say they were on top. Citeh worked their way back in and Silva in particular caused you a lot of problems towards the end of the first half.

No need to say anything about the second half now is there? biggrin.gif

Welbeck

Rooney

De Gea

you wouldn't have picked park? united's best performances against better teams usually involve him and his workrate.

ferdinand did run off down the tunnel but not to cry. he had a private helicopter waiting for him to fly him straight to wembley after the match to watch the NFL match being held there. top commitment from a dedicated pro that.

Maybe i was just laughing too much. Anyway talk about want you want if it makes you feel better. Think yourselves lucky the ref didn't add on fergie time or they might have put ten past you. ;)

Hugely enjoyable. :lol: I knew you should have played Howard Webb.

It's all about strategy. You don't go to OT and run around like headless chickens.

When a team goes to OT, objective number 1 is to go into first gear and shut the crowd up.

Objective achieved

Objective number 2. Get into 2nd gear and score a goal

Objective achieved

Objective number 3. Get into 3rd gear and get a second. Pref getting an opposition player sent off.

Objective achieved

Objective number 4. Now get into 4th gear and totally humiltate them by scoring goals for fun. If really needed, go into fifth as well.

Objective achieved :D

It's all about strategy. You don't go to OT and run around like headless chickens.

When a team goes to OT, objective number 1 is to go into first gear and shut the crowd up.

Objective achieved

Objective achieved

Objective number 3. Get into 3rd gear and get a second. Pref getting an opposition player sent off.

Objective achieved

Objective number 4. Now get into 4th gear and totally humiltate them by scoring goals for fun. If really needed, go into fifth as well.

Yes the best team on the night won but a long way to go. We know because WE have done it so many times before.. :jap:

BT :(

Objective achieved

Objective achieved

Objective achieved

Yes the best team on the night won but a long way to go. We know because WE have done it so many times before.. :jap:

Who's WE BigT? Can't remember if your Rangers or Celtic :D

I know we still have a long way to go but I just can't help getting giddy. That was a special night indeed. In fact isn't it the worst defeat ever by SAF?

Objective achieved

Objective achieved

Objective achieved

Who's WE BigT? Can't remember if your Rangers or Celtic :D NO ST MIRREN

I know we still have a long way to go but I just can't help getting giddy. That was a special night indeed. In fact isn't it the worst defeat ever by SAF?

1938 I think :(

BT

Objective achieved

Objective achieved

Objective achieved

It must feel good to achieve some objectives at City eh Boj? laugh.gif season objectives would be good.

Just watched a replay of last Sundays game because frankly for the first time around I was mystified by the non performance and unable to comprehend why the total capitulation.

Firstly team selection. Fergie continues, and not for he first time,to place faith in Jonny Evans but why when you have Phil Jones,a far superior player, available.

What is going on with Vidic ? He played for Serbia 2 weeks ago and reportedly suffered no problems but obviously something is awry, why are the club not disclosing the reason.He has today retired from an future representation for Serbia,is his career in wind down mode ?

I posted weeks ago that for me Evra is no leader and he confirmed that again the other day. When you can't, or even attempt to rally the troops, stand aside.Would Keane have stood for players wandering around and not being committed .Its not the United way.

I have noticed of late SAF seems reluctant, as does Mike Phelan, to get off the bench and show some animation when obviously things are not going to plan.Why ?

Obviously the mid field is our greatest weakness,it is providing no support in defence whatsoever.Silva cut them to shreds, and little creativity going forward. Midfielders who are up to the task we need are few and far between.I can't see anyone coming in January.

At 4-1 down and with 10 men,surely the game had gone and it was time to shut up shop instead we saw Wellbeck running back to defend while Ferdinand and Evra were out of picture wandering around up field.

Its been coming, games against Basel ,Norwich ,Liverpool and the boys from Romania, who no one has heard of, we were lucky to survive.

Manchester United in decline ? at last look we were still in second place and have played all the potential top 4 but the bar has been raised and we have not moved up to it.

Aldershot tonight and no doubt the knockers are salivating. I guess if we only lose 5-1 it shows an improvement :lol: time to bounce back is now !

Objective achieved

Objective achieved

Objective achieved

It must feel good to achieve some objectives at City eh Boj? laugh.gif season objectives would be good.

That was just the objective for that one game. The final objective is to rule the world (spoken in a Blofeld accent) :D