Manchester United

redrus

Modric for me is also not what we want.

Why not?

He is overrated

Not so sure about that mate. he does have a fault mind and that is he doesn't score enough goals.

i reckon Moyes would bite a hand off for Modric right nowwink.png

Does score some screamers though. Reckon he'd work a treat with van persie.

Modric with a world class striker like RVP would be hugely effective. He threads passes through the lines and with the anticipation and first touch of the dutchman it would be very productive.

Can't begin to think of how many opportunities the likes of Defoe and Crouch wasted, it was shameful.

Why not?

He is overrated

Not so sure about that mate. he does have a fault mind and that is he doesn't score enough goals.

I actually think Kagawa will be better this season and is very capable of scoring and assisting at the top level.

After missing out on buying any top class players so far(Ronaldo,Fabregas) it looks like to me that we very easily could start the season with the same squad that Ferguson left Moyes albeit maybe without Rooney and the addition of Zaha.

It would be interesting to see how the team performs under Moyes and would be a real gauge of how good a manager he really is as all the players are the same and won the league easily last season....City and Chelsea of course have strengthened but also have new managers.

Maybe there is still time for something to happen but i would rather now go into the season with this squad instead of just buying for buying sake especially as there are not that many top quality players(available) around in the position we need.maybe better to give Moyes a season of learning what United is all about as most seem to think he is not up to it anyway...bide our time and buy at the end of this coming season.....who knows maybe we will still be in with a chance of being champions again with the squad we have!! whistling.gif

• Like 2

IMHO Chelsea and city are going to be very threatening despite/ because they have new managers.

I feel very unconfident about united going into the EPL with same squad, minus Ferguson against these teams and other potential threats. That includes Spurs and dark horses like Swansea. Martinez at Everton has has a good window too.

Dunno. window yet to close but that's how I feel about it at the moment.

Fabregas was never realistically going to come to United ,why would he when he made such an effort to go back home,the only attraction was linking up with VP again ,he will bide his time until Iniesta and co get less game time. Not disappointed actually he is to much in the Kagawa mould and expect him to have big season. Fellaini looks like the only alternative left and certainly would give some aerial presence and mongrel.I would hate to mark him like a windmill,arms,elbows whirling away he gets away with quite a bit.

I'm more interested who is going out on loan or to be sold.

The 3 stand outs on the tour games, and I saw every one, were Zaha, Lingard and Januzaj the latter an 18 year old Belgium boy is all class,reserve players of the year last season,seems to have so much time on the ball but is of slight build at this stage of his development. Anderson is making an effort, has dropped some weight and says he needs to lose more but his end product is woeful.So if the squad is to be trimmed its going to be some tough decisions to be made..

See that Rooney was training with the reserves,just wish he would go I think everyone has had a gutfull of the saga including the players. A fool in my opinion he's not guaranteed to be no 1 choice wherever he goes. You are playing for the biggest club in England and that's not good enough to fight for your place ???????

Why not?

He is overrated

really? , thought he totally ripped you to shreds in that last meeting, around the edge of the box that evening he was unplayable, probably why Ferguson declared an interest. However, I could be weong but my guess would be u will be looking at kagawa 2 do that sort of job for you next year, IMO what u need is more a player that controls the middle of the park and keeps possession goes forward and things ticking over The simple looking stuff, which at the end, was what scholes was so good at. But ure buying fellani??? not sure on that one, bit of muscle of the strikers was where he was really effective early doors last season for everton , not so sure he's as good or effective elsewhere though, perhaps moyes sees him for somewhere else??

Edited by rijit

Why not?

He is overrated

To be fair i couldn't see Modric playing alongside Carrick, too similar if you ask me and you might even say that Modric is a bit similar to beverley, all jokes aside but why havn't they gone in for some of the midfielders that we've bought recently or rumoured to buy, Dembele, Paulinho and al capone, the reds must despair at our signings not that they would admit it of course.

Edited by alfieconn

To be fair i couldn't see Modric playing alongside Carrick, too similar if you ask me and you might even say that Modric is a bit similar to beverley, all jokes aside but why havn't they gone in for some of the midfielders that we've bought recently or rumoured to buy, Dembele, Paulinho and al capone, the reds must despair at our signings not that they would admit it of course.

Because they are nothing special are they...simple.

I thought Dembele was a player but since he joined you he has been at best average.

Why not?

He is overrated

really? , thought he totally ripped you to shreds in that last meeting, around the edge of the box that evening he was unplayable, probably why Ferguson declared an interest. However, I could be weong but my guess would be u will be looking at kagawa 2 do that sort of job for you next year, IMO what u need is more a player that controls the middle of the park and keeps possession goes forward and things ticking over The simple looking stuff, which at the end, was what scholes was so good at. But ure buying fellani??? not sure on that one, bit of muscle of the strikers was where he was really effective early doors last season for everton , not so sure he's as good or effective elsewhere though, perhaps moyes sees him for somewhere else??

rij you do let your self down some times mate.

Yes the same Modric that ripped us to shreds cheesy.gif after coming on at the 60 minute mark when Nani got sent off and we were down to 10 men and a goal up if you remember.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I thought Dembele was a player but since he joined you he has been at best average.

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So how many times have you seen Paulinho play ?

Edited by alfieconn

Thats a very silly post Mr Ed isn't it!!

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So how many times have you seen Paulinho play ?

I have never seen him play ..have you? ....i mean he has never made the headlines has he!

Thats a very silly post Mr Ed isn't it!!

Why Alfredo?

My names carmine btw, not Alfredo

Granted Man Utd fans are not lauded for their knowledge of football, (or manchester for that matter) but if you can't see the quality of Spurs' business this transfer window then i truely am taken aback

Edited by carmine

My names carmine btw, not Alfredo

Granted Man Utd fans are not lauded for their knowledge of football, (or manchester for that matter) but if you can't see the quality of Spurs' business this transfer window then i truely am taken aback

Quality and they haven't played a game yet for you!

At least i have the knowledge to see them perform first and then comment on the quality,like i stated on first glance they look nothing special so we will see.

Dembele looked class when you got him from Fulham but has been average since for you....true?

Seems to me the disruption that is being caused by attempting to retain Rooney is doing us adversaries a huge favour, so long may it continue. Exactly the same goes for the Biter at Liverpool. Cannot see the point in it, though of course it comes down to the math in the end, as opposed to what is really the best thing for the dressing room. As I mentioned before on the other thread the Modric debacle cost us 7 points last year, that could of elevated us to 2nd place at best, at worst we would have qualified for CL IMO.

My money is on Rooney moving to Chelsea where I think he will step up a gear and rise to the challenge of the Special One. If he does then Chelsea could be top notch this year and real contenders for the Premiership. As for the Biter..... Well I am still hoping the gooners get him and he causes havoc in the Emirates dressing room.

Seems to me the disruption that is being caused by attempting to retain Rooney is doing us adversaries a huge favour, so long may it continue. Exactly the same goes for the Biter at Liverpool. Cannot see the point in it, though of course it comes down to the math in the end, as opposed to what is really the best thing for the dressing room. As I mentioned before on the other thread the Modric debacle cost us 7 points last year, that could of elevated us to 2nd place at best, at worst we would have qualified for CL IMO.

My money is on Rooney moving to Chelsea where I think he will step up a gear and rise to the challenge of the Special One. If he does then Chelsea could be top notch this year and real contenders for the Premiership. As for the Biter..... Well I am still hoping the gooners get him and he causes havoc in the Emirates dressing room.

What disruption is it causing United? He's not first choice, he's been publicly named as a back-up striker and what huge favour is this doing? Regarding Suarez is doesn't come down to the "math" it comes down to not selling to Arsenal. It has nothing to do with dressing rooms either, you don't win football matches in dressing rooms. We've won all 6 tour matches scoring 17 while conceding 1 goal, without Suarez having an influence. I know it's pre-season but my point is there is no side-effects from the side show.

Apologies United...for hijacking

What disruption is it causing United? He's not first choice, he's been publicly named as a back-up striker and what huge favour is this doing? Regarding Suarez is doesn't come down to the "math" it comes down to not selling to Arsenal. It has nothing to do with dressing rooms either, you don't win football matches in dressing rooms. We've won all 6 tour matches scoring 17 while conceding 1 goal, without Suarez having an influence. I know it's pre-season but my point is there is no side-effects from the side show.

Apologies United...for hijacking

You are right of course matches are not won in the dressing room, but my suggestion is team morale is a major component. It might be that Utd have sidelined Rooney to the second string and out of the way.... Which is ok as long as they don't call on him to play. Anyway as I said I think he is probably Chelsea bound. As for Suarez, I will post on the scousers thread.

• Like 1