Manchester United

redrus

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I've looked at myself and I think you are thinking of the wrong guy.

It's just funny to see United fans claiming new players take time to gel etc when nearly every team in the league has new players and some with new managers. Everyone is in the same boat. When SAF was there, there was never this disbelief from United fans. Long may it continue

it is funny isn't it? "a new squad playing together". it's three players, one of whom has played for the club previously. 

if liverpool are at full strength we'll have a new goalkeeper, new centre back, new centre mid and new attacker starting. so four. perhaps we need 12 months gel as well?

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

ManU had just 35% of possession (against Liverpool) - their lowest in a Premier League match since Opta began recording the data in 2003-04.

i would like to see whats the stats were for the second half.MINUS

On 10/17/2016 at 5:00 AM, petermik said:

Big test for maureen in my opinion,another poor result and many questions will be being asked :sad:

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

ManU had just 35% of possession (against Liverpool) - their lowest in a Premier League match since Opta began recording the data in 2003-04.

Having watched the match live I was shocked to see just 35% possession in the stats,United largely dominant in the first half with Liverpool picking up the pace in the second,personally before the game I was fearing the worst after the performance against Citeh and maureen,s odd team selection,surprises again last night and pleasant ones,fair result in the end but Zlatan should have buried the header before deGea,s two late saves.

Controversy beforehand about the ref bore fruit for the scousers,Bailley,s booking was ridiculous IMHO.....his first foul and he barely caught the player who went down like a sack of manure,no wonder Ashley Young (got booked for it) questioned the ref for not giving a yellow a few minutes later for a worse tackle by Henderson.

When Ronaldo was at United  he got a lot of stick for "diving" if medals were given for it Coutinho would get gold every time............

• Like 1

last night game was nothing to shout about.2penalties for,not one of the fouls were goal scoring chances,take away those 2,then 2-1 against a very poor side doesnt look that good.

how long can pogba last,? playing with this bunch

8 hours ago, meatboy said:

last night game was nothing to shout about.2penalties for,not one of the fouls were goal scoring chances,take away those 2,then 2-1 against a very poor side doesnt look that good.

how long can pogba last,? playing with this bunch

meatboy

don,t let it worry you,United will still be playing football long after your toes have curled up :thumbsup:

stats say win 4-1 that,s all that matters

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:28 PM, StevieH said:

your man above said 'new'. pogba is new but knows the league and has played for the club before. ibrahimovic is hardly a naive young ingenue. martial and lingard aren't 'new'. so there's bailly, really.

and re: your XI above, no way does fellaini not start.

I should get used to the post SAF era when LVG and Mourinho pick teams to get a point,when in the glory days under Alex it was you score 3 and we will score 5.Playing Fellaini and not Mata takes out the creativity that he provides but the human windmill, aka Fellaini, has his moments he just cant lay on a pass that creates a chance of a goal

46 minutes ago, petermik said:

meatboy

don,t let it worry you,United will still be playing football long after your toes have curled up :thumbsup:

stats say win 4-1 that,s all that matters

Wouldn't matter if United scored 10 there would be the haters out with a negative. 4-1 with an important  game on the weekend most clubs would take that.

How long can Pogba play with this bunch Meatboy ? quite a while I would suggest or until he no longer wants to,seems to be enjoying himself.

The great reception for Van Persie was not surprising.United supporters tend to be a bit classier than most:coffee1:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, meatboy said:

i thought towards the end maureen looked a bit worried,must have been the sight of seeing

big sam in the stand sitting next to alex.

Absolutely 3 sharing a bottle of wine together is a bit tight :smile:

18 hours ago, smokie36 said:

I'm tempted to have a fiver on Peter not to login this week as well.

Peter only misses a week or so when he,s down deep south in the rubber garden.........been back in Patts one week now and happy to state my opinion on last nights match....we were <deleted> no complaints at all,we got what we deserved :shock1:

After watching City drop two points I had hopes we could capitalise 5555555555555 -30 odd seconds gone and that was it,well played Chelsea ( and they did play well IMHO) back to the drawing board for United.

If we can learn from it then I have no problems in getting a hammering,but looking at the team as a whole just 4 turned up for the match....... the rest were nowhere.

My local bar here was packed and the cheers when Southampton scored against City from the neutrals was something else,went up a couple of notches later when Chelsea started scoring,a good night for them.

Pity I couldn,t drown my sorrows but had to be tee-total as a 5.30 am run to swampy to pick relatives up stopped all that.

It,s only a game when all,s said and done :thumbsup:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

One league goal since August for Ibra, great signing as you were all telling me!

Typical Jose loss, get an early goal and his game plan is crushed. 

I could never see the value in paying him what he wanted.

He's out of his depth in the Premier League. Mertesacker is probably faster.

:smile:

• Like 1

On 10/22/2016 at 8:11 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

^"United supporters tend to be a bit classier than most" he says in a most self-congratulatory way.

On 10/22/2016 at 8:32 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Let's hope so eh as most fans perception of manu fans is arrogant.

And to most football fans City are well known as "the bitters" cannot think why..................... :saai:

childish comments deserve an equally childish (but true) reply