Manchester United

redrus

I still think Jose is way off finding his best team at the moment there are certain players that are getting games because we havent got anyone else anyone better or because of injuries, Rojo is improved yes but is an accident waiting to happen Jones the same will not last much longer very easily injured! Valencia at full back for me is still not right when he is still avery dangerous winger and does get the crosses in....another Darmian right footer being played at left back!!! not right.

Apart from Ibra up front who can we say is performing consistently well?   Nobody.

The only big plus for me is that Poghba has clicked and found his way in the premier league now and he has had 3 great games which is giving the rest around him confidence.

A long way to go for Mourinho with this squad and sorting out some players that should be performing a lot better than they are.

At least he is nearly smiling again.

43 minutes ago, MrRed said:

I still think Jose is way off finding his best team at the moment there are certain players that are getting games because we havent got anyone else anyone better or because of injuries, Rojo is improved yes but is an accident waiting to happen Jones the same will not last much longer very easily injured! Valencia at full back for me is still not right when he is still avery dangerous winger and does get the crosses in....another Darmian right footer being played at left back!!! not right.

Apart from Ibra up front who can we say is performing consistently well?   Nobody.

The only big plus for me is that Poghba has clicked and found his way in the premier league now and he has had 3 great games which is giving the rest around him confidence.

A long way to go for Mourinho with this squad and sorting out some players that should be performing a lot better than they are.

At least he is nearly smiling again.

4 wins in a row Nev,not that negative is it ? WBA is never easy for any team as their place on the table indicates.

Herrara and Carrick performing consistently well wouldnt you say ? Pogba getting better every game.Why put the mockers on Jones ? been a revelation,not a given he will get injured.

Shaw is apparently injured and Blind can play left back but Jose doesnt fancy him,very intelligent player in my book.Valencia was player of the month in November. Of course there are players who will be moved on as in most squads . I can see blue sky.

Cheer up and Merry Christmas

29 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

4 wins in a row Nev,not that negative is it ? WBA is never easy for any team as their place on the table indicates.

Herrara and Carrick performing consistently well wouldnt you say ? Pogba getting better every game.Why put the mockers on Jones ? been a revelation,not a given he will get injured.

Shaw is apparently injured and Blind can play left back but Jose doesnt fancy him,very intelligent player in my book.Valencia was player of the month in November. Of course there are players who will be moved on as in most squads . I can see blue sky.

What have I said wrong Sparky?, I am very happy the way we are going and very happy with the squad we have right now.

All good mate and lads on the forum, Happy holidays.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sparkles said:

It wasnt nev it was me that posted and everything you say is challengable herrera and Carrick remains to be seen ...Poghba agreed ...Jones mark my words would rather have Bailly and Smalling there i can see blue sky too! all i am saying is that team...squad is far from what he wants

I am always cheered and a very merry xmas to you mate

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah its just the quiet before the storm. Your board will balls up Jan transfers this will infuriate mourinho and 7th place will be manageable just about. Absolute bunch of cHunts. 

nice one dippo!

13 hours ago, nev said:

What have I said wrong Sparky?, I am very happy the way we are going and very happy with the squad we have right now.

All good mate and lads on the forum, Happy holidays.

Nothing wrong I stuffed up Nev .Its been a frustrating time for United fans,players and staff.

Those early season draws were so frustrating, and costly, but this season is far from over and we are in all competitions.

I didnt mention Rooney and hopefully he can get the goals he needs at OT.I understand he's topping the list of assists.

I was lucky enough to meet Bobby Charlton onone of  his trips to Australia and have mixed feelings about him losing the record.

Never misses a match, a wonderful human being.

8 hours ago, MrRed said:

It wasnt nev it was me that posted and everything you say is challengable herrera and Carrick remains to be seen ...Poghba agreed ...Jones mark my words would rather have Bailly and Smalling there i can see blue sky too! all i am saying is that team...squad is far from what he wants

I am always cheered and a very merry xmas to you mate

Everything anybody says is challengeable especially those blokes up the road.

Been impressed with Herrara's work rate, he certainly helps Carrick who no longer has the legs but can still make the killer pass. Bailley is going away to Africa Smalling will mostly likely fill in with Jones and I admire Jones for coming back strong, carrying all the critics on his back.Smalling has a discipline problem too always trying to change shirts before the game is over !

Lingaaard had a good last game he's just not getting enough football.

Its  alot more cheery than a month ago.

Merry christmas

• Like 1

Nothing wrong I stuffed up Nev .Its been a frustrating time for United fans,players and staff.
Those early season draws were so frustrating, and costly, but this season is far from over and we are in all competitions.
I didnt mention Rooney and hopefully he can get the goals he needs at OT.I understand he's topping the list of assists.
I was lucky enough to meet Bobby Charlton onone of  his trips to Australia and have mixed feelings about him losing the record.
Never misses a match, a wonderful human being.

Without 'googling' I think you are correct about Rooney being top of the assist table.

Left it a bit late yesterday,Zlatan missed a couple of chances could have had a hat-trick.....what is it with Martin Atkinson and penalties for United.....Mata was taken out in the first half and nothing given again by him,history there :sad:

Deserved 3 points and what cracking goals from Mkhitaryan and Borini :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Left it a bit late yesterday,Zlatan missed a couple of chances could have had a hat-trick.....what is it with Martin Atkinson and penalties for United.....Mata was taken out in the first half and nothing given again by him,history there :sad:

Deserved 3 points and what cracking goals from Mkhitaryan and Borini :thumbsup:

Yes it was a bit edgy, not finishing teams off but kudos to Sunderland's defence and their keeper who has "England " written all over him.

What we did learn was that Pogba is looking stronger each week, MOM and future leader for me.

Zlatan by his standards was having a poor match but was still able to lay of a sublime pass for Blind to get the ball rolling.

Jones and Rojo didnt give Defoe a sniff and Rojo had himself under control.

I can see Mkhitayran becoming a Cantona figure with that goal and his general play ,the man has some pace and prefers to take the straight route to goal.

Clean sheet would have been nice but Borinis goal was world class.Not sure how Rooney can get back in this side plenty of bench time when he returns.

No ground made up on the other sides but all you can do is keep getting 3 points and hope the others knock each other off or preferably draw ,still only half way

Another frustrating performance,dominated from start to finish,goal not given penalty not given :sad: made it in the end though,there is a hiding coming to someone soon,playing well but not getting the breaks,Pogba is coming along nicely-if he can avoid a serious injury he will be awesome in a couple of seasons :thumbsup:

32 minutes ago, petermik said:

Another frustrating performance,dominated from start to finish,goal not given penalty not given :sad: made it in the end though,there is a hiding coming to someone soon,playing well but not getting the breaks,Pogba is coming along nicely-if he can avoid a serious injury he will be awesome in a couple of seasons :thumbsup:

ok maybe I missed something and will no doubt read about it tomorrow - but I am completely at a loss as to why ibramo's goal was not allowed, if he did something wrong then there should have been cards and yet there was nothing.....just a ball in a net, Confused

Also the last person I have seen with MU that can place a long range pass with pin point accuracy was David B, he was superbly skilled at that coupled with VN at the time they were a perfect goal scoring dream team...................................I believe Pogba has the same skills - he can place a long range ball with pinpoint accuracy, this team is now maturing into something that looks positive......first time in a long time - they are working together rather than a disjointed bunch of individuals

I said months ago - new manager - new players ................. they need time to build the team play and it is coming together

4 hours ago, petermik said:

? Clubs ain't paying that kind of cash to wait 2 seasons for him to come good. 

29 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

? Clubs ain't paying that kind of cash to wait 2 seasons for him to come good. 

He is already good, in fact he is one of the top 3 in the league, don't you watch us play?.

Now that was United of old, our never say die attitude was evident, hitting the woodwork, goal not given for no reason, two penalties not given, a team scores against the run of play, and then we lift and throw everything at them, it was the first time since fergie left I knew at 1-0 down we would come back and win.

Martial that was his best game in a United shirt the lad is only 21 but hey what a player when on song, Mikhi now we are seeing what a brilliant player he is adds so much to the team.

8 minutes ago, nev said:

He is already good, in fact he is one of the top 3 in the league, don't you watch us play?.

I watched the game against Porto a few years back when your now manager rubbed your noses in it. Great game that was. I watched you play when that QPR player bagged a hatrick too.

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

I watched the game against Porto a few years back when your now manager rubbed your noses in it. Great game that was. I watched you play when that QPR player bagged a hatrick too.

You did not answer me on Pogba, do you really think he is shit?

6 minutes ago, nev said:

Now that was United of old, our never say die attitude was evident, hitting the woodwork, goal not given for no reason, two penalties not given, a team scores against the run of play, and then we lift and throw everything at them, it was the first time since fergie left I knew at 1-0 down we would come back and win.

Martial that was his best game in a United shirt the lad is only 21 but hey what a player when on song, Mikhi now we are seeing what a brilliant player he is adds so much to the team.

Err no what you mean is that display reminded you off the Fergie Era but only difference being he would have got the penalties. UTD of old is a top 6 team with a sprinkle of success pre & post fergie. 

Just now, nev said:

You did not answer me on Pogba, do you really think he is shit?

Don't be silly of course he is very good. My point was just that. He came good he does not need two seasons to realise anything he was not purchased as one for the future he is a ready made warrior but you need 6 of them and at present you have 4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nev said:

I'd also add that the Zlatan goal should never have been disallowed.  Piss poor decision by Mason

• Like 1