Manchester United

redrus

45 minutes ago, carmine said:

Interesting game this is, especially for the neutral because whilst we know in normal circumstances Mourinho would go for a 0-0 draw and the point the points gap between United and City really dictates that he has to go for it.  Someone has to apply some pressure on City and a point is simply no good and this juncture no matter how many games are remaining.  This could be a cracking match.

I'll believe it when I see it ! Mourinho has every reason to go for it, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't. It doesn't seem to be in his nature come big games away to quality opposition. Maybe he'll go for it down 1-0 75 minutes in.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I'll believe it when I see it ! Mourinho has every reason to go for it, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't. It doesn't seem to be in his nature come big games away to quality opposition. Maybe he'll go for it down 1-0 75 minutes in.

Wenger's already been goading him!   

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Doesn't Maureen always approach games vs top teams the same: keep it tight, don't concede and get the point, and if you can get a goal that's a bonus.

Yes he does, the reason for my post is that i think he will change for this one because a points not good enough with the lead that City currently have.

41 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes he does, the reason for my post is that i think he will change for this one because a points not good enough with the lead that City currently have.

I'd concur if it was at OT but being at the Emirates I reckon we'll be in for a dull set up. Hope I'm wrong though

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Maybe if we were in to the second half of the season but not after 14 matches, draw all day. And Maureen will expect City will drop points soon, I do. 

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So do I Bob, especially as we're seeing more teams playing with an 11 man defence between their goal and 35 yards out.

The competition is pretty good too, it’s a tough league and you can see by the last few matches someone is going to get a win sooner rather than later. Still the best team in the league by a long way. 

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

The competition is pretty good too, it’s a tough league and you can see by the last few matches someone is going to get a win sooner rather than later. Still the best team in the league by a long way. 

My Mrs is dying for it to happen so she can wash my lucky shirt. It will deffo happen, probably over the xmas fixtures if not before. As long as it isn't against United next week !!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Bugger. United are starting to look a very good side now. Pogba seems to be making a big difference to their confidence. Hopefully they are getting their good games out of the way before next week

They surprised Wenger by actually getting on the front foot early doors, as Carmine suggested, but Arsenal should  be 8 goals up 55 minutes in, De Gea having none of it.

Good for the chasing pack a United win today, on the back of this a derby win would be great. They are not that good. 

Edited by BangrakBob

24 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

They surprised Wenger by actually getting on the front foot early doors, as Carmine suggested, but Arsenal should  be 8 goals up 55 minutes in, De Gea having none of it.

Good for the chasing pack a United win today, on the back of this a derby win would be great. They are not that good. 

Surprised me as well TBH. As you sy though, Arsenal should be well in front by now instead of 3-1 down (as we speak)

Glad Pogba won't be around next week

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Surprised me as well TBH. As you sy though, Arsenal should be well in front by now instead of 3-1 down (as we speak)

Glad Pogba won't be around next week

Pogba and you may as well account for Lukaku not being around either ?

• Like 1

On 28/11/2017 at 8:39 AM, carmine said:

Or possibly "bigger club immunity"  it seems to me that the lower table clubs rarely get parity these days when it comes to FA rulings.

After today. It’s defo United immunity, 2 clear penalties not given

Not sure about the straight red always looks more dramatic in slowmo, there are always those with a strong bias and hate for manu that will disagree, good overall game and great performance by both teams trying to do what was needed - manu were just better at it - Arsenal weak on defence and manu took advantage.

Like I said previously, manu is nowhere near a complete team and will take at least another season to get anywhere near what they should be, I think Lukaku is overrated and useless at manu his performance speaks for itself, I think if maurine gets the players he wants Lukaku will be nothing more than a good sub if they even keep him.  

All very predictable that....go for it early on and see what comes.  .  If you happen to get a goal, sit back, keep it narrow,  contain and spend the rest of the game looking for the break.

And very well done i might add.  Very well drilled and professionally done.  On a side note, De Ged must surely be the best keeper in the world? 

Arsenal, after their recent little flurry, back to being shambolic when it mattered and Wenger coming out with the same old deluded rubbish.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

No United are really not that good, but what they do in containing sides they do well.  Mourinho is going to try exactly the same thing against City and i reckon Guardiola's planning for just that.  In the likes of De Bruyne and Silva he has the lock pickers too.  Can't see United troubling City in the derby.  They are a big notch up on Arsenal and would have taken some chances that Arsenal didn't.

• Like 1

Two games in the capital this week 7 goals scored 6 points won.

As for the and/buts/maybes they count for nowt.....long way to go yet and we welcome our near neighbours and "council house friends" next week....:whistling:

Wishing them best of luck this season they seem to be the best side at this moment.....much rather the Prem trophy comes back to Manchester even if it has blue ribbons decorating it...:thumbsup:

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, smedly said:

Not sure about the straight red always looks more dramatic in slowmo, there are always those with a strong bias and hate for manu that will disagree.

Plenty of them about smedly as we both know......they get more of a thrill watching united lose that their club win.:whistling:

but we don,t care :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, petermik said:

Plenty of them about smedly as we both know......they get more of a thrill watching united lose that their club win.:whistling:

but we don,t care :thumbsup:

Some United fans and their air of entitlement and superiority really knows no bounds.  Deluded nitwits!!

Edited by carmine

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

The unrivalled Trophy cabinet might not agree lol

Real Madrid?  Surely you're talking about them.  Or Bayern or Barca perhaps?

In terms of the smaller picture, the English league you were unrivaled under Ferguson, no doubting that, but since he retired you are and will continue to be merely one of the top six, as has consistently been proven since his departure.  Better get used to it.

Petermik won't agree but then i have to remind you that he thought not only that Moyes was a good choice, he also wanted to keep him for longer.  Go figure....

Edited by carmine

13 minutes ago, petermik said:

Your wasting your time smedly with certain contributors on here.....just ignore....trying to polish turds is impossible :thumbsup:

Stability stability stability, what a joke that was!!!!    ......remember when you were trying to contest that the United way was in some way different to everyone else.....self absorbed nitwits.   

I could tolerate the arrogance if if were from Madrid, Barca or Munich fans but from a Man United fan its completely unwarranted and unacceptable.  

Peter, in terms of turds, you are one  gigantic one whose attitude is the epitome of what other fans intensely dislike.

Once the country's best stadium, tired Old Trafford is now showing its age

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/06/countrys-best-stadium-tired-old-trafford-now-showing-age/

Do you ManU fans feel this article is fair reflection of your ground, owners and current situation or a hatchet job?