Manchester United

redrus

27 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Commentator said something like "an attendance of 75000 but only 75 making any noise". Problem at a lot of grounds these days.

it is an outside possibility that it was so bitterly cold and people were so wrapped up that getting a noise out was not going to happen lol

It was a great game for Manu apart from a defensive error playing two Chelsea players onside on the far left and right wings which they monopolised into an easy unchallenged goal ....a rare schoolboy error

football is a team game, Manu as a team were working pretty well both physically and mentally

then throw in an outsider (just one) mid season and it upsets the mix, what we are now seeing is almost childish and quite upsetting considering that these guys have played together and trained for months  - throw in a very capable player mid season and it just upsets the whole thing, it is natural, I fault the manager for throwing Sanchez into the mix far too quickly, he should have waited a few weeks and allowed a gradual intro to the team, enough time to allow him to bond and be accepted...............on the training ground

Pogba threw the toys right out there and there was a very obvious problem and to an extent still is, I would love to have hit him a slap and said get on with it.....but I do see his point, I don't agree with it but I see it, how to handle it is another matter........................a good <deleted> slap might be it but we are dealing with young ego's 

Pogba is D'man he has a skill that is right out there, and Sanchez brings it also, I hope going forward they can both get on and realise what a powerhouse they are together, if they can't get over the ego's then that is a fail for the team.................Maurine needs to manage that

I read that all again and was going to correct some stuff but I assume most people will understand what I'm getting at

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, smedly said:

football is a team game, Manu as a team were working pretty well both physically and mentally

then throw in an outsider (just one) mid season and it upsets the mix, what we are now seeing is almost childish and quite upsetting considering that these guys have played together and trained for months  - throw in a very capable player mid season and it just upsets the whole thing, it is natural, I fault the manager for throwing Sanchez into the mix far too quickly, he should have waited a few weeks and allowed a gradual intro to the team, enough time to allow him to bond and be accepted...............on the training ground

Pogba threw the toys right out there and there was a very obvious problem and to an extent still is, I would love to have hit him a slap and said get on with it.....but I do see his point, I don't agree with it but I see it, how to handle it is another matter........................a good <deleted> slap might be it but we are dealing with young ego's 

Pogba is D'man he has a skill that is right out there, and Sanchez brings it also, I hope going forward they can both get on and realise what a powerhouse they are together, if they can't get over the ego's then that is a fail for the team.................Maurine needs to manage that

I read that all again and was going to correct some stuff but I assume most people will understand what I'm getting at

1 player is a mercenary who loses the ball too much for Mourinho's system and who cares about not a lot else but himself, the other is an overrated player being played out of position and more interested in his brand and haircut than anything else. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

1 player is a mercenary who loses the ball too much for Mourinho's system and who cares about not a lot else but himself, the other is an overrated player being played out of position and more interested in his brand and haircut than anything else. 

Did United re-sign Rooney?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

agree, Pogba is behaving like a brat, he also seems to have an affliction recently were if anyone gets close to him his legs go limp and he falls down, maybe he does need a good slap

he has shown brilliance at times but is not consistent, he needs an attitude change, I get the impression that he thinks - hey look at the money they paid for me I must be good, when it should be - hey look at the money they paid for me I'd better get my head out of my ass and earn it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, smedly said:

agree, Pogba is behaving like a brat, he also seems to have an affliction recently were if anyone gets close to him his legs go limp and he falls down, maybe he does need a good slap

Maybe SAF knew this years ago and that's why he let him go (in addition to not liking Pogba's agent). SAF would have been the only one able to either give him a slap or ship him out

Weighing in on Pogba. What an immensely talented footballer, but still more preoccupied with style over substance. With all the acclaim and riches that have come his way, maybe he thinks he has nothing to learn. He's still young, but if he doesn't get enlightened soon much of his talent will be wasted. I'm no fan of Mourinho but I think he is spot on trying to get through to Pogba.

Sanchez is super talented but selfish and always has been. I gave him shit when sitting next to him on a flight many years ago and he ignored me. The little <deleted>.:tongue:

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You reds got nothing to post anymore? No comments on the game last night? Come on...let's be 'aving you!

BB I made it quite clear a long while back why knowledgeable Man U supporters dont bother with this forum any more .It got to a stage where ridicule, constant sniping and verbal abuse especially from one neanderthal,who still continues on other threads, just got to the stage where most posters found they had more important things to do.Most comments had zero to do about football.It was not banter ,banter is about humour ,a lost art it seems

To the game against Crystal Palace MU were deservedly shot to bits at HT. Crystal Palace were superior all over the pitch but to Mourinho's credit ,and I dont like the man ,but he made some positional changes, inc subs, and they got to grips with the situation and came  home like days of old.

I think too many people rely on tabloid gossip to form opinions. Unless you happen to be at the training ground or in the dressing room all speculation is just that.Tabloid writers have to fill space hence thr rumour mill is in overdrive and not only for MU.

The days of left flank men like Giggs are gone,now you have Martial,Sanchez and Rashford all seemingly wanting to play on the left and come inside and use their right foot ,its all so predictable. Lukaku is no Ruud van Nistelrooy or Van Persie, and is clumsy in comparison, but he does give 110% and has scored 22 goals how could he not be first pick to lead the attack with those goals on board.

His lung busting run,the length of the pitch, against Chelsea when the game was all but won seemingly won over a few so called home fans ,not sure what else he can do.He is still young and he has stated on the Man U web site he has lots to learn.I dont read tabloids

Regarding Sanchez and Pogba neither looked to me that they had a problem on the pitch together v CP,they tried to link up several times, for the betterment of the team,neither is obviously anywhere near top form Sanchez appears to be trying too hard and Mouringho has a headache where to play him.Pogba is a shadow of what he was at Juventus where Guanluigi Buffon declared Pogba had the POTENTIAL to be a Platini or Zidane ,not a man that makes many such statements.He too is young and hopefully will just concentrate on being a better player

The bottom line is United,although playing poorly at times and without their best defender Bailly for most of the season  are currently coming second and with the financial rewards that a  Champions League place brings its essential they finish top four. 2nd 3rd or 4th  does not reallly matter now as City have been far superior in every way and are out of sight.

• Like 1

Totally agree with your first paragraph.. .you've just got to ignore the idiots.

Pogba is a strange one isn't he. Clearly he's very talented with the ball and capable, but I've never seen him have a 9 or 10 out of 10 game. He seems to lack athleticism and just ambles around. I honestly was expecting a lot more from him and thought we'd lost out when ManU signed him but honestly he's currently about on par with the current out of sports Yaya.

5 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

BB I made it quite clear a long while back why knowledgeable Man U supporters dont bother with this forum any more .It got to a stage where ridicule, constant sniping and verbal abuse especially from one neanderthal,who still continues on other threads, just got to the stage where most posters found they had more important things to do.Most comments had zero to do about football.It was not banter ,banter is about humour ,a lost art it seems

To the game against Crystal Palace MU were deservedly shot to bits at HT. Crystal Palace were superior all over the pitch but to Mourinho's credit ,and I dont like the man ,but he made some positional changes, inc subs, and they got to grips with the situation and came  home like days of old.

I think too many people rely on tabloid gossip to form opinions. Unless you happen to be at the training ground or in the dressing room all speculation is just that.Tabloid writers have to fill space hence thr rumour mill is in overdrive and not only for MU.

The days of left flank men like Giggs are gone,now you have Martial,Sanchez and Rashford all seemingly wanting to play on the left and come inside and use their right foot ,its all so predictable. Lukaku is no Ruud van Nistelrooy or Van Persie, and is clumsy in comparison, but he does give 110% and has scored 22 goals how could he not be first pick to lead the attack with those goals on board.

His lung busting run,the length of the pitch, against Chelsea when the game was all but won seemingly won over a few so called home fans ,not sure what else he can do.He is still young and he has stated on the Man U web site he has lots to learn.I dont read tabloids

Regarding Sanchez and Pogba neither looked to me that they had a problem on the pitch together v CP,they tried to link up several times, for the betterment of the team,neither is obviously anywhere near top form Sanchez appears to be trying too hard and Mouringho has a headache where to play him.Pogba is a shadow of what he was at Juventus where Guanluigi Buffon declared Pogba had the POTENTIAL to be a Platini or Zidane ,not a man that makes many such statements.He too is young and hopefully will just concentrate on being a better player

The bottom line is United,although playing poorly at times and without their best defender Bailly for most of the season  are currently coming second and with the financial rewards that a  Champions League place brings its essential they finish top four. 2nd 3rd or 4th  does not reallly matter now as City have been far superior in every way and are out of sight.

Well it's a shame you don't still contribute Sparkles, I enjoyed your posts.

Regarding City being far superior, this is true, but generally in any other season yours, ours and Spurs current totals would be on track for a title run in right now. 

Also there is one thing about Mourinho, he always seems to still pull it out the bag, getting in CL last season, still second this season. 

How do you think Mourinho will approach Saturday's match?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Welcome back and stay awhile. Ignore the trolls. Putting them on ignore works for me.

25 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

fizzles is back .party time

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Totally agree with your first paragraph.. .you've just got to ignore the idiots.

exactly how  e/s considers u

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

3 CB's and and 2 holding mid's and 1 upfront on Saturday? ?

Why would we do that at home?

Fine, we came away to Liverpool earlier in the season and shut up shop - Fergie did it for years and nobody complained.  And we ended up with a point more than City managed! 

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Why would we do that at home?

Fine, we came away to Liverpool earlier in the season and shut up shop - Fergie did it for years and nobody complained.  And we ended up with a point more than City managed! 

Because that's the way he plays, those are his tactics, particularly against attacking teams, home or away no?

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

party time is over lol   why mske a come back with your doc msrtens on. tbh you always considner your self as the doyen of posters on this footy forum.your opening paragraph (above) merely confirms this.but please have the fortitude to stick around  and cop any fiery banter which may come your way.good and bad

Edited by evenstevens

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

Because that's the way he plays, those are his tactics, particularly against attacking teams, home or away no?

I disagree. With you and anyone else who goes along with this lazy media narrative.

'Parking the bus' is a saying which has been popularised and completely distorted from what it originally meant. It used to be the phrase which was used when smaller teams would set up with 2 banks of four at the edge of their area, and just prepared to get battered while showing no ambition and hoping to survive by sheer numbers..... soaking up pressure and hitting teams on the counter attack is not 'parking the bus'! 

And if you want to argue we parked the bus at Anfield, that's fine. But to say we play like that home and away is plain wrong. We play different ways, against different teams. And one of Mourinho's strengths is he is able to adapt tactics to nullify the opposition, and train he players to think tactically like this too.

We all know this isn't 'Fergie football' any more, but just cos a team doesn't play a 'tiki-taka' possession game, or goes gung ho attack - that doesn't mean they are 'parking the bus'

You're a Liverpool fan, and you must be pretty excited watching your team, as they play exciting football. That's fine. But at the moment Klopp's brand of football isn't proven to bring success in the PL. Mourinho's pragmatic style is. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Mourinho's philosophy is we start with a point we don't lose it and if we need to defend +90 minutes to get one chance, we will (park the bus against the scousers).

Away at Anfield, yeah you are probably right (worth pointing out we had more than one chance in that game, I think?).

I don't see what your point is. Fergie went to Anfield and kept it tight many times. 

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

My point has nothing to do with Rednose...thought we're discussing Maureen and this weekend's game.

We are - and I think it's obvious to most people that Fergie had incredible success, and that going to Anfield with that mindset didn't do us any harm in his era. So why is it suddenly unacceptable?

How did you get on at Anfield this season btw?