Manchester United

redrus

54 minutes ago, champers said:

If the relationship between Mourinho and Pogba has broken down, why did Mourinho pick Pogba v Leicester and make him captain?

Some kidology going on methinks.

Be a good move to maintain maximum sell on value.

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Fair  enough. So what was Pogba waffling on about in his interview re if he said what he really wanted to he would be fined (words to that effect), or was that media talk/misquote too. ?

We still don't know. Mourinho apparently doesn't know. But to just presume it's a rift with Jose is wrong. Sure Pog will be asked about it again so maybe he will elaborate.

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

We still don't know. Mourinho apparently doesn't know. But to just presume it's a rift with Jose is wrong. Sure Pog will be asked about it again so maybe he will elaborate.

It's painfully obvious that this is about getting maximum value and if Barcelona are sniffing then you need to show solidarity to get the max value. I expect the player to throw his dummy out if barca see it is a bluff move and refuse to pay top dollar.

Might be a good thing so I hope he stays and resonates negativity into the team.

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

It's painfully obvious that this is about getting maximum value and if Barcelona are sniffing then you need to show solidarity to get the max value. I expect the player to throw his dummy out if barca see it is a bluff move and refuse to pay top dollar.

Might be a good thing so I hope he stays and resonates negativity into the team.

So you are saying he will be sold in Jan?

I guess there is a small chance what you are saying could be true. But <deleted> me that's an elaborate plan to maximise value, including giving the armband to a player that's leaving?!?

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

So you are saying he will be sold in Jan?

I guess there is a small chance what you are saying could be true. But <deleted> me that's an elaborate plan to maximise value, including giving the armband to a player that's leaving?!?

Well, no it is not it's sensible. Player wants out Mourinho likely wants him out. Mourinho pushed for the player and Utd paid a WR fee at the time. Player is back from a great WC his value is intact but if there is a rift then value drops. So he tells him straight you want out you best play the part and perform solidly whilst the window is open. It's not elaborate and the only way we will know is if the window shuts with no sale and pogba goes missing for half a season.

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Well, no it is not it's sensible. Player wants out Mourinho likely wants him out. Mourinho pushed for the player and Utd paid a WR fee at the time. Player is back from a great WC his value is intact but if there is a rift then value drops. So he tells him straight you want out you best play the part and perform solidly whilst the window is open. It's not elaborate and the only way we will know is if the window shuts with no sale and pogba goes missing for half a season.

Yeah I understand. But to me you never give the captaincy to a player who is leaving, even to help you make a few quid.

Edited by RickG16

31 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Yeah I understand. But to me you never give the captaincy to a player who is leaving, even to help you make a few quid.

That's precisely the point then. That's the type of diversion Mourinho seeks wherever possible.  The interview is clear anyway if you think there was positives in those words he spoke then he has done his job well. Pogba does have a case as captain though but as Mourinho said; only when valencia is not playing. 

10 hours ago, nev said:

So the boss comes out and confirms exactly what I stated, There is no rift between them and he is very pleased with Pogba especially after coming back after the world cup and only train for 3 days and makes himself available, And I must had a excellent game.

Did you expect him to say different?  

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Pogba has made it quite clear he's not happy, to journalists he'd be fined if he said what he wanted to.  How blatant is that?  It couldn't be more blatant!

And it looks pretty clear he doesn't like or suit playing within Jose's rigid system.  Some players suit it, he doesn't.  It has nothing to do with any childish nonsense about fans not liking United!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Funny how you're so dismissive about winning trophies. Explains a lot.

There are only 2 that really count these days and you are further away than ever at winning one of those. 

Do you really only watch football to win a trophy once in a blue moon, is that the point? 

I think people pay money to be entertained by football, and winning a trophy is the icing on the cake. 

11 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Fair  enough. So what was Pogba waffling on about in his interview re if he said what he really wanted to he would be fined (words to that effect), or was that media talk/misquote too. ?

And he comes back from a brilliant world cup finals performance on a high, and his manager, rather than congratulate him uses it as a platform to club his performances at club level.

Thats piss poor man management at any level of sport, let alone at elite level.  Of course Pogba's going to think he's an absolute c*ck.

Edited by carmine

10 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Don't get the Pogba hype really....two good years in Italy doesn't mean much these days.

Well he's won 4 series A titles, 1 world cup and played in a CL final and all by the age of 25.  Thats really quite impressive!!

• Like 1

Just now, carmine said:

Well he's won 4 series A titles, 1 world cup and played in a CL final and all by the age of 25.  Thats really quite impressive!!

Yes but he was crap last weekend....let's just sell him and move on....I've sold better than him....look at Salah....

1 hour ago, carmine said:

And he comes back from a brilliant world cup finals performance on a high, and his manager, rather than congratulate him uses it as a platform to club his performances at club level.

Thats piss poor man management at any level of sport, let alone at elite level.  Of course Pogba's going to think he's an absolute c*ck.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/18/jose-mourinho-sends-message-paul-pogba-frances-world-cup-win-7732490/

He did right after the world cup win ?

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Laughable comment from someone whose club has never won a league title since the backpass rule was abolished....:thumbsup:

And from a fan of a team who in the 70's and 80's bored everyone to death winning all those titles, some of the old commentary from Liverpool games back then could send anyone to sleep.

Now suddenly they have a manager who has got them playing good football and trophies don't count no more ?

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

That would be the same 4-3-3 that he played in at Juve. For France he was in a midfield 2 with Kante so actually had less protection. But I'm sure you knew that. 

What i do know is that he played at Juve with vastly more freedom and it really showed in his performance but i guess you knew that too.  As i presume you also are aware of how much more rigid a Mourinho system is.  

1 hour ago, nev said:

And was calling him out as a precursor to the start of the new season.....come on Nev, you know exactly what i'm saying.  It wasn't a clever thing to do.  

Edited by carmine

1 minute ago, carmine said:

What i do know is that he played at Juve with vastly more freedom and it really showed in his performance but i guess you knew that too.  As i presume you also are aware of how much more rigid a Mourinho system is.  

You remind me of my Dad. Happy to make slapstick judgements based on watching little to no football, jumping on media bandwagons. But you are still happy to comment on things like systems which actually require watching and understanding the game.

The difference is I quite like my Dad. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You remind me of my Dad. Happy to make slapstick judgements based on watching little to no football, jumping on media bandwagons. But you are still happy to comment on things like systems which actually require watching and understanding the game.

Do you really have to reduce this to playground mentality!!  Its very clear that you have no real understanding at all as to why your manager seems unable as yet to get the real Paul Pogba playing at his best and quoting systems as working the same in any team as you appear to do is quite ridiculous because at the end of the day its one thing to field a side set to a system but  totally different in respect of how well its executed.  I would offer Di Maria as an example that couldn't play in van Gaal's tightly packed midfield because it wouldn't allow him the space he needed.  But i guess you were aware of that too.

btw, the last line of your post just lets you down and makes you sound rather silly.  If you don't understand just move on to something you do.

Edited by carmine

9 hours ago, RickG16 said:

9 hours ago, carmine said:

Do you really have to reduce this to playground mentality!! 

btw, the last line of your post just lets you down and makes you sound rather silly.  If you don't understand just move on to something you do.

RickG

As i have pointed out to you before,don,t get involved with certain outside contributors to the United forum as they detest anything and everything about our club....I was given the same advice on here not long after I first started posting....I took no notice and tried reasoning backed up by facts....what an utter waste of time.....what followed were chiildish and condescending comments similar to the one above.....give it up lad,you know it makes sense....you can,t polish a turd no matter how hard you try.....not for one minute am I suggesting brother carmine is in this category but you get my drift I,m sure....:thumbsup:

• Like 1