Manchester United

redrus

1 minute ago, carmine said:

The negativity of that selection would send out a message.  Don't care what anyone says, this squad is way better than its showing and aside of Pogba being a petulant brat i think Mourinho shoulders the blame.  United are too big a club to be putting up with this, although the owners are not for the knee jerk reaction, so its an interesting situation, what with Zidane the interested bystander.  Would he be right?  

Half of that Utd team is potentially brilliant but the other half is just dog average.

The Pogba circus would be my first ejection followed by the entire defence and probably the want away striker.

38 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Half of that Utd team is potentially brilliant but the other half is just dog average.

The Pogba circus would be my first ejection followed by the entire defence and probably the want away striker.

Well all of the team bar one are full internationals, so are supposedly amongst the best available.

IMO, and as others have said, they are bereft of belief, heart and a tactical plan(s), which all point to management problems and Maureen does not have a good reputation with regards to man-management or interpersonal skills, so the buck stops there.

A less disruptive manager is needed, and as MU are not going to win anything this year, then it would be safe to sack him and put Carrick in charge whilst looking for a new manager...….couldn't do any worse!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I remember 1974 and chuckling all the way home from OT after King Denis..., but they were really bad then.

We was bad indeed, I was on the pitch at the final whistle, Not many city their that day what part of the ground did you go in?.

I'm concerned about the effect of the media ****storm the past week....

Firstly, I should say that I'm a fan of Mourinho and view him and myself as kindred spirits ????. We both have a disdain for English fans' and English media's understanding of football (read a sports newspaper in Spain or Italy and you'll see what I mean). And give zero ***** what anyone else thinks about us in general.

But....... It struck me that when Fergie was around, it was such a tight ship PR wise. Considering the hype and gossip around United, the way he, and his media team (I believe Karen was also the press officer back then) kept things on the straight and narrow was pretty remarkable. Any little story which could possibly paint us in a bad light was identified, stamped on, and snuffed out. You rarely heard a player anything out of line with the Club mantra, which while it could become boring, just meant there was very little for others to start gossiping about and misinterpreting. When there was a genuine dispute which had come out in the open, it was dealt with quickly, often ruthlessly, and if the said player was still around, you can guarantee that the had enjoyed the hairdryer treatment, and wouldn't be doing it again.

I believe Jose thinks that none of this media gossiping matters to what happens on the pitch. I tended to agree with him, but over the past week I've changed my mind. I can't help feel that the Fergie days of actually keeping control of the media was a better approach than this. 

1 hour ago, nev said:

We was bad indeed, I was on the pitch at the final whistle, Not many city their that day what part of the ground did you go in?.

If im stood on the pitch in front of the Stretford End, i was in the stand to its left (runs the length  of the pitch), in a paddock close to the pitch and close to the Stretford End - what's  it called?

32 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If im stood on the pitch in front of the Stretford End, i was in the stand to its left (runs the length  of the pitch), in a paddock close to the pitch and close to the Stretford End - what's  it called?

Would now be the .North Stand / Sir Alex Stand. But back then I'm not sure

Edited by RickG16

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Cantilever stand, United road paddock.

Edited by nev
Spell
  • Like 1

Just now, RickG16 said:

I'm concerned about the effect of the media ****storm the past week....

Firstly, I should say that I'm a fan of Mourinho and view him and myself as kindred spirits ????. We both have a disdain for English fans' and English media's understanding of football (read a sports newspaper in Spain or Italy and you'll see what I mean). And give zero ***** what anyone else thinks about us in general.

But....... It struck me that when Fergie was around, it was such a tight ship PR wise. Considering the hype and gossip around United, the way he, and his media team (I believe Karen was also the press officer back then) kept things on the straight and narrow was pretty remarkable. Any little story which could possibly paint us in a bad light was identified, stamped on, and snuffed out. You rarely heard a player anything out of line with the Club mantra, which while it could become boring, just meant there was very little for others to start gossiping about and misinterpreting. When there was a genuine dispute which had come out in the open, it was dealt with quickly, often ruthlessly, and if the said player was still around, you can guarantee that the had enjoyed the hairdryer treatment, and wouldn't be doing it again.

I believe Jose thinks that none of this media gossiping matters to what happens on the pitch. I tended to agree with him, but over the past week I've changed my mind. I can't help feel that the Fergie days of actually keeping control of the media was a better approach than this. 

So it's just the media and the following are irrelevant?

3rd season and managers family refuse to relocate.

Faria abruptly left JM side after 17 years.

Mourinho has where given the chance, put unnecessary pressure on Woodward by highlighting his position in regards to transfers in the media. (makes getting a good deal less likely)

The negative tactics has brought on the worst start in 29 years and Moyes has a slightly better record in this respect.

Woodward has confirmed United's MO is to pair genuine youth products with WC players.

All the time they had to decide on Mourinho and you would have thought they could have confirmed if he was supportive of that youth policy.

I was a big fan of Mourinho too but this circus of negatives is too much and I have no confidence he can steady the ship. It's all gone Pete Tong.

1 minute ago, nev said:

Cantilever stand, United road paddock.

By the way this stand was built for the 66 world cup, my first game I stood in the old stand just before it was built in 65 right in line with penalty area in front of the Stretford end.

• Like 1

A nobhead ManU fan from my street saw me in the 53 queue, identified me and my school mate but luckily we were left alone.

Reminds me of when me and the same school buddy went to a nightmatch at Goodison, went in the end opposite  the church end (we made a bad mistake), were spotted and surrounded  by some locals, but a group of 50yr olds told them to f.off, looked after us during the game and even walked us back to our coach. Respect!

1 hour ago, champers said:

Presuming you are both Mancs and a bit slow, surely it all depends if BB is facing the Stretford end or has his back to it. He doesn't say.

Mate the other paddock does not run the whole length of the pitch it used to Have the players tunnel cutting it off.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Now would be called Lower South 122 or 123 where i was stood.

Stretford end paddock then, Same stand I was in but I was at the back of the Stretford end paddock.

3 hours ago, champers said:

Presuming you are both Mancs and a bit slow, surely it all depends if BB is facing the Stretford end or has his back to it. He doesn't say.

He said it was to the left of the Stretty, I took that to mean if you are in the Stretty watching the game.

• Like 1

Something to ponder!, In fact it is shocking no wonder Luke Shaw is our stand out Player this season.

As for Lukaku he is our main culprit and should be dropped and someone more mobile play upfront and I would also add Chong and Gomes to our first team squad both in my opinion are ready and excellent prospects.

42930624_10217750826102201_7035353934919106560_n.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nev said:

Something to ponder!, In fact it is shocking no wonder Luke Shaw is our stand out Player this season.

As for Lukaku he is our main culprit and should be dropped and someone more mobile play upfront and I would also add Chong and Gomes to our first team squad both in my opinion are ready and excellent prospects.

42930624_10217750826102201_7035353934919106560_n.jpg

Jesus... that's worrying.

Agree Lukaku has been well under par. But to be fair he needs players running in behind either side of him. Martial did sweet FA last week... Jesse and Alexis didn't play on Sat so should be firing on all cylinders if they play against Valencia. 

EDIT.. just seen Jesse is a doubt. 

Edited by RickG16

Still no improvement, Only Shaw Rashford and yes Pogba Smalling put in shift the rest just ambled about.

Playing Fellaini and Matic makes us have no creativity and easy to get through, We need a creative mid in there and Pogba play further up the pitch.

50 minutes ago, nev said:

Still no improvement, Only Shaw Rashford and yes Pogba Smalling put in shift the rest just ambled about.

Playing Fellaini and Matic makes us have no creativity and easy to get through, We need a creative mid in there and Pogba play further up the pitch.

M.E.N. gave 3 of your players 3 out of 10: Valencia, Lukaku and Sanchez

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You need to drop Lukaku as he is useless.

Snatching a draw from the jaws of victory there.

We don't need any advice from the noisy neighbours thanks.

^

Insert crap.

Edited by Spidey

30 minutes ago, Spidey said:

We don't need any advice from the noisy neighbours thanks.

^

Insert crap.

You need advice from somewhere....and I'm not from oop north lad!