Pattaya To Bangkok

davey26

What is the cheapest way to get from Pattaya to BKK? Iv'e considered a taxi, but heard those transit vans are cheaper. Any advice? And where to get a van if needed please? Do they have a pick-up point?

Thanks in advance

I think the cheapest way is to take a Bus on Sukhumvit (but this can take up 4 hours as it stops everywhere). Or try going by Train, that also should be very cheap. About the Vans there is pick up point a little bit further up from Big C Extra (Pattaya Klang) before you hit Foodland. The pickup point is on your left hand side.

Edited by MJCM

Interesting subject.

Has it ever been covered on Thaivisa before? I know that there have been 3529 threads looking for the cheapest way to get from Bangkok to Pattaya, but I don't think we've ever seen the subject covered from this perspective before.

• Like 1

Giving what I think is the answer to what you're really asking - BTS to Ekkamai station, express bus is around B160, around two hours. Don't listen to anyone telling you to get on the one just leaving, probably the local takes well over three.

Playing it straight - walking, try hitching.

Next most expensive would be song thaews and local buses all the way.

But perhaps that's taking it too literal.

Giving what I think is the answer to what you're really asking - BTS to Ekkamai station, express bus is around B160, around two hours. ...

My 'friend' reliably informs me that the fare is 116 Baht Ekkamai Bus Station to Pattaya Bus Station. you just got the '1' in the wrong place ole' chap.

Edited by David48

Giving what I think is the answer to what you're really asking - BTS to Ekkamai station, express bus is around B160, around two hours. Don't listen to anyone telling you to get on the one just leaving, probably the local takes well over three.

Would walking be more expensive, do you think? Would it take more than 160 baht worth of food to generate enough calories to walk it?

The walking distance is 97 miles. On the basis that walking one mile at an average pace of three miles per hour burns the average sized man 100 calories, a walk to Bangkok from Pattaya would burn nearly 10,000 calories.

See? Even the most inane posts and thread can be turned into little gems if we try hard enough.

Would walking be more expensive, do you think? Would it take more than 160 baht worth of food to generate enough calories to walk it?

The walking distance is 97 miles. On the basis that walking one mile at an average pace of three miles per hour burns the average sized man 100 calories, a walk to Bangkok from Pattaya would burn nearly 10,000 calories.

See? Even the most inane posts and thread can be turned into little gems if we try hard enough.

On the pure math it may seem so, but maybe he could afford to drop a few kilos?

Win Win.

• Like 1

Giving what I think is the answer to what you're really asking - BTS to Ekkamai station, express bus is around B160, around two hours. ...

My 'friend' reliably informs me that the fare is 116 Baht Ekkamai Bus Station to Pattaya Bus Station. you just got the '1' in the wrong place ole' chap.

It went up to 124 baht a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

It went up to 124 baht a few weeks ago.

mini van from pattaya tai still 99 baht, takes to victory monument

• Like 1

mini van from pattaya tai still 99 baht, takes to victory monument

Where / what is Pattaya tai ... my friend would like to know.

Thanks brewsterbudgen for that update ... was news to me.

pattaya tai is the road running from the beach to sukhumvit road, paralleled to pattaya klang, also known as south pattaya road

From Pattaya to Bangkok, inexpensively, there are two options:

1. Van - just under 100 baht and it will take you to Victory Monument. There are several pick up locations on Pattaya Tai road, one just across from the entrance to Walking Street and another up a bit just outside Wat Chai.

2. Go to North Pattaya and get on the Express Bus. It goes to either Morchit or Ekamai. The fare is about 124 baht. They depart very frequently.

Note: Many people observe that the Vans are less safe than the Bus; there seems to be quite a few pretty serious accidents with the vans. There are a lot of threads on the subject.

Regarding 'what is Pattaya Tai" - there are three main roads from Sukhumvit road down to the beach area. North Pattaya Road (Pattaya Nua), Central Pattaya Road (Pattaya Klang) and South Pattaya Road (Pattaya Tai).

Hope that helps.

Seeker

• Like 1

I just re-read my own post and see I mis-spoke. I did not mean to say there are many accidents involving vans doing the run to and from Victory Monument. I apologize.

I wanted to say I have read of quite a number of van accidents over the years. I have no idea if they are associated with the folks who go to and from Victory Monument.

again sorry,

Seeker

Ah, but Weedhopper...

That 10,000 calories burned would preclude the need to spend many dollars at the gym (not to mention the humiliation suffered by an old, bald, fat guy among a bunch of fit young lions pumping iron)

But you are right, personal locomotion by foot or by bicycle does cost more in food than many faster modes cost in cash money.

Edited by impulse

Bell bus with hotel pickup, google is your friend.

Not the cheapest at 200B but the easiest after ordering a taxi

Bell's Bus will also supply you with a mini bus to collect you from your hotel / apartment in Pattaya. Sometimes a very small extra charge. Their web site is very good. Maybe they will take you to a hotel in BKK too, but I've never asked that as I use them to come into Pattaya.

Thankyou to all who replied. Definately a big help. Sorry if this question had been asked before, but it will be my 1st time in Pattaya. I can get a lift from BKK to Pattaya, but coming back was the problem. And to those who for some reason gave negative advice..........WHY?

Anyway, thanks again, hopefully i make it back to BKK alive :) And not just from the trip home iv'e heard.....

Interesting subject.

Has it ever been covered on Thaivisa before? I know that there have been 3529 threads looking for the cheapest way to get from Bangkok to Pattaya, but I don't think we've ever seen the subject covered from this perspective before.

Why? Because im relatively new to BKK and Pattaya. Sorry if i interrupted you bendix. Hopefully tomorrow is a much better day for you. Maybe get out of bed on the other side perhaps?

Thankyou to all who replied. Definately a big help. Sorry if this question had been asked before,

<snip>

Don't worry about those people, your question has been answered and that's the most important thing.

Just 1 advice, if you have any questions about your travels just post it here as this is more appropriate then the general forum, (where you originally posted this) which can be a bit "rough" !

Good luck to you on your travels.

• Like 1

The main problem with the minivan from 2nd Rd/Tai is that you can wait for several hours for it to fill up, depending on the time of day and the season.

I would always spend the extra 25B and go by big bus as they leave very regularly.