I Now Realise That Something Is Missing In Life .......

pattayadingo

I don't see anywhere you mention how old you are or whether you are working or retired. This may have some bearing on your quest for love and happiness. I don't want to generalise too much, but I would think a lot of available Thai women put some kind of financial security above all else. Obviously if the Thai woman has a good, well paid career, the security angle may not be quite as important. Personally, I think with security (for Thai women) comes love. I get the impresssion you are looking for someone who wants you for yourself. That may be a big ask in Thailand. The "moonlight and canoes" scenario is more of a Western thing.

Yet thousands of Thais have married /or in relationships with westerners for genuine love, are they not?

I'm speechless.

How do you do Speechless.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see anywhere you mention how old you are or whether you are working or retired. This may have some bearing on your quest for love and happiness. I don't want to generalise too much, but I would think a lot of available Thai women put some kind of financial security above all else. Obviously if the Thai woman has a good, well paid career, the security angle may not be quite as important. Personally, I think with security (for Thai women) comes love. I get the impresssion you are looking for someone who wants you for yourself. That may be a big ask in Thailand. The "moonlight and canoes" scenario is more of a Western thing.

Yet thousands of Thais have married /or in relationships with westerners for genuine love, are they not?

I'm speechless.

How do you do Speechless.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. wai.gif

"Another happy customer and you wont be in the minority either"

What minority, happy about what? All he said was he was "one" and he has a 23 yo daughter. What does that tell anyone?

Avoid:

a. Pattaya

b. Phuket

c. Chiang Mai

Avoid all places where the locals have been exposed (or over exposed) to walking ATMs.

Chiang Mai is big enough for this not to be an issue. Outside of the tourist area of course. Maybe Phuket too, I haven't spent enough time there around Phuket Town to say for sure. I did spend enough time in and around Pattaya to say that there it's definitely an up-hill struggle, specifically because few proper women would want to be seen with a foreigner there.

Never take on a Thai as a girlfriend if she doesn't have:

a. a proper job and a decent salary (over 20,000 Baht per month)

b. a nice house

c. a good car

Anything less than this and you're an ATM.

I actually pretty much agree with this. Though it depends on the guy too; I would always recommend someone with a similar outlook in life, but some guys just aren't really graduates in anything either. But for me, yes, the above would be good minimums. I could add "d. a university degree" to that, too, but I guess that's implied in the 20K+ job. On the other hand I don't care much what kind of car she drives. And some younger women never got around to acquiring a nice house; her parents would have a nice house and plenty of land, but if she's still a condo dweller then I won't hold that against her. After all it's about the person, not so much about how many assets she managed to squirrel together.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

What minority, happy about what? All he said was he was "one" and he has a 23 yo daughter. What does that tell anyone?

What doesn't it tell you ? smile.png

We had a very nice thread not so long ago which involved all the happily married people in Thailand. Contrary to popular belief there are thousands out there who have had long, successful and happy relationships.

Having a 23 yr old daughter is confirming the longevity of his relationship!

Avoid:

a. Pattaya

b. Phuket

c. Chiang Mai

Avoid all places where the locals have been exposed (or over exposed) to walking ATMs.

Chiang Mai is big enough for this not to be an issue. Outside of the tourist area of course. Maybe Phuket too, I haven't spent enough time there around Phuket Town to say for sure. I did spend enough time in and around Pattaya to say that there it's definitely an up-hill struggle, specifically because few proper women would want to be seen with a foreigner there.

b. a nice house

c. a good car

I actually pretty much agree with this. Though it depends on the guy too; I would always recommend someone with a similar outlook in life, but some guys just aren't really graduates in anything either. But for me, yes, the above would be good minimums. I could add "d. a university degree" to that, too, but I guess that's implied in the 20K+ job. On the other hand I don't care much what kind of car she drives. And some younger women never got around to acquiring a nice house; her parents would have a nice house and plenty of land, but if she's still a condo dweller then I won't hold that against her. After all it's about the person, not so much about how many assets she managed to squirrel together.

Well, that pretty much cancels out 99% of falang men that are looking for a Thai partner. Just how many university graduates with house and car (or rich parents with plenty of land) are there that are actually available or looking for a falang to marry?

Avoid:

a. Pattaya

b. Phuket

c. Chiang Mai

b. a nice house

c. a good car

Well, that pretty much cancels out 99% of falang men that are looking for a Thai partner. Just how many university graduates with house and car (or rich parents with plenty of land) are there that are actually available or looking for a falang to marry?

Looooooooooooooads, a farang in the family is a plus, IF, he is not a fat drunk. laugh.png Bit like having in frang land a Constable hanging on the wall. laugh.png

We had a very nice thread not so long ago which involved all the happily married people in Thailand. Contrary to popular belief there are thousands out there who have had long, successful and happy relationships.

The 23 yo could have been from a previous marriage and he doesn't even say if he's still with his wife. I'm assuming he was trying to confirm that he was one of the success stories, but the point was about what Thai women want from a relationship. For all I know he could have bought her a seaside mansion and a Mercedes. The subject of the OP was trying to find "true love" in Thailand.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

What doesn't it tell you ? smile.png

I don't know why I'm bothering to explain the obvious. It doesn't explain what the dynamics are of his Thai relationship are. The OP was trying to find true love in Thailand without becoming a cash cow. I don't doubt that someone can have a very happy long term relationship with a Thai lady, but under what circumstances did it originate? Was his wife looking primarily for security or did she just wet her knickers at first sight of him?

The 23 yo could have been from a previous marriage and he doesn't even say if he's still with his wife. I'm assuming he was trying to confirm that he was one of the success stories, but the point was about what Thai women want from a relationship. For all I know he could have bought her a seaside mansion and a Mercedes, the subject was trying to find "true love" in Thailand.

Noooooooo seaside mansion or Merc, just a cuddle every day and a kiss first thing in the morning really tells all to us romantics. laugh.png

Congrats. Nice to hear a success story.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

The good news is that I only needed one. wink.png

And looking around the office here, there are a couple more with a Western husband/boyfriend. You make it sound like it's finding the Higgs-Boson. :lol:

Also, more / better ways to meet and interact with people have made it easier than ever. Facebook for example is a godsend.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

You make it sound like it's finding the Higgs-Boson. wink.png

Sweet.

If you live here, it can be done. Just follow your instincts.

But she MUST have a decent job. And money. And a house. And transport.

rolleyes.gif So your a destitute farang ? rolleyes.gif

Sweet.

Ridiculous. Why not add a summer house at Lake Como?

Sweet.

Or in farang land nobody marries a girl that stacks shelves in Tesco's. rolleyes.gif

Sweet.

Or in farang land nobody marries a girl that stacks shelves in Tesco's. rolleyes.gif

Correct, they are destined to remain single forever. Plenty of stunning university graduates with Porsches to go around.

• Like 1

Sweet.

Why marry a Brit shelf-stacker in Tesco's when you can meet a "hottie' on Thaifriendly who works as a waitress for 200 Baht a day?

How shall I send the money? Western Union or Bank Transfer? Oh, and will you be on Skype tonight?

I really LOVE you, darling!!!!!!!!

A woman making 25,000 baht per month can get a 100% loan on a 2 million baht house. Why would you want a chick who didn't bring something to the table?

Because I have more than enough money for both of us. What she brings to the table is love, affection, great cooking, a sense of humour, and the ability to tolerate a pedantic old fart.

• Like 1

A woman making 25,000 baht per month can get a 100% loan on a 2 million baht house. Why would you want a chick who didn't bring something to the table?

Because I have more than enough money for both of us. What she brings to the table is love, affection, great cooking, a sense of humour, and the ability to tolerate a pedantic old fart.

Maybe but the bank investigation is really a good tool for saving you a headache later in life. Of the problems we hear about on Thai Visa about 75% could have been solved by the woman buying a house and said investigation process.

Perhaps some of us are looking, or have found, something that has nothing to do with cash eh.

In fact, l think guys who look for cash ''as a relationship'' are a bit sad. Left that stuff behind in farang land. smile.png

• Like 1

Maybe but the bank investigation is really a good tool for saving you a headache later in life. Of the problems we hear about on Thai Visa about 75% could have been solved by the woman buying a house and said investigation process.

What headache later in life? The house is in her name but I have a 30 year lease on it, so that will take me to 99. A headache at that age would be the last of my worries.

What headache later in life? The house is in her name but I have a 30 year lease on it, so that will take me to 99. A headache at that age would be the last of my worries.

It weeds out a bunch of problems. You can't get 100% loans with other debt or financial problems. It is good to know about those before you move in together.

I don't mind the lady owning the house. She is going to get it when I pass anyway. She needs me to make the payment. She bought it. I make the payments. Seems like a quid pro quo.

Assuming you aren't married, if you are she has the right to cancel your lease on divorce.

There is another very easy way for her to get the house, and she won't have to wait. Bang Bang.

I was going to write something along the same lines. Marriage is about security for both parties and you can't regulate everything on paper. I trust my wife but will always have an escape plan, I got burned before (in Europe, I might add).

I was going to write something along the same lines. Marriage is about security for both parties and you can't regulate everything on paper. I trust my wife but will always have an escape plan, I got burned before (in Europe, I might add).

For sure, and though l am a happy bunnie, l trust know one on this earth. Sad l know but life's stuff taught me lots. smile.pngwhistling.gif
  • Like 1

For sure, and though l am a happy bunnie, l trust know one on this earth. Sad l know but life's stuff taught me lots. smile.pngwhistling.gif

Don't have anything in your life that you can't walk away from in 30 seconds.

http://en.wikiquote....iki/Heat_(film)

Edited by CurryAfficionado

Don't have anything in your life that you can't walk away from in 30 seconds.

http://en.wikiquote....iki/Heat_(film)

Can I increase that to 30 minutes.

I would like time to load the Tv and computer onto the back of my pickup.