That Age Difference Question Again

MrHammer

I'll never deny my attraction for young beautiful Thai ladies. I also admit that I have probably had more than my fair share of them. That admitted to, my problem is that I hate to live alone and I was looking for a Thai wife. None of the arm candy lovely young girls was suitable for a mate. I like to think that I was smart enough to not have married any of them even though I lived with a number of them. At some point logic kicks in and you come to the conclusion that these young ladies are looking for a meal ticket and not a long term mate. Who can really blame them for trying to hook a sugar daddy.

Age does not come alone..... sometimes it comes with maturity.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends of what you what out of a relationship

generational gap + cultural gap + lack of education = those couples you see at cafes completely estranged to one another.

Then what is a Hollywood relationship if not a mixture of all these gaps.

If you separate the elderly from the younger , it's quite easy to see where most of these gaps belong.

The primary solution would be to have a common language which most of the older ones don't care about. If communication is important in a relationship why is it that the younger rather choose someone that they can communicate with and the elder don't mind any of these gaps?

If all the old codgers come to Thailand to get a young wife/gf that they would have no hope of getting in their own country, please tell me why the young guys come here? The fact of the matter is that most of you are here for exactly the same reason. The difference is us old guys are restricted because of our age in our own countries, what's the young guys excuse? Let me guess, lack of social skills, ugly as a hatful, dumb as a post? Judging by the young guys responses to some of these posts, it's pretty obvious that at least two out of those three apply.

You got it backwards.... the reason the old folks don't take their barely legal girls back home is because there are consequences for that and they wouldn't be looked upon as idols as they think they are in Thailand. I think lack of social skills is what brings that kind of delusional group of men here in the first place. Because back home some of the things the men do to the women here would be considered barbaric and close to slavery, but here well money talks more than honoring the basic humanitarian principals. So whatever illusion you have built up, dream on, because by the time the middle class has reached its peak, people with that archaic thinking will just be a memory.

What on earth do you mean? Are you suggesting that marriages in Thailand involving a farang man and a Thai woman where there is a significant difference in age involves barbarism, pseudo-slavery and a deprivation of humanitarian rights or principles (to spell it correctly)? I would love to hear your reasoning.

As a matter of interest, how can something be "barely legal"

Edited by pastitche

^Read the thread.

I have read the thread. I want you to show me anywhere a they profess what you allege.

See KOTO at 471.

Sorry I was a tad busy to give you the attention you crave.

Would that lone comment not be refered to as 'he' rather than 'they'

If all the old codgers come to Thailand to get a young wife/gf that they would have no hope of getting in their own country, please tell me why the young guys come here? The fact of the matter is that most of you are here for exactly the same reason. The difference is us old guys are restricted because of our age in our own countries, what's the young guys excuse? Let me guess, lack of social skills, ugly as a hatful, dumb as a post? Judging by the young guys responses to some of these posts, it's pretty obvious that at least two out of those three apply.

You got it backwards.... the reason the old folks don't take their barely legal girls back home is because there are consequences for that and they wouldn't be looked upon as idols as they think they are in Thailand. I think lack of social skills is what brings that kind of delusional group of men here in the first place. Because back home some of the things the men do to the women here would be considered barbaric and close to slavery, but here well money talks more than honoring the basic humanitarian principals. So whatever illusion you have built up, dream on, because by the time the middle class has reached its peak, people with that archaic thinking will just be a memory.

What on earth do you mean? Are you suggesting that marriages in Thailand involving a farang man and a Thai woman where there is a significant difference in age involves barbarism, pseudo-slavery and a deprivation of humanitarian rights or principles (to spell it correctly)? I would love to hear your reasoning.

I think it's self-explanatory. A lot of old guys come to SEA to find young poor maidens because they would do what women in west would not even dream of doing. Some women put up with it because they want to have a "safer environment", secure finances and be able to provide for their kids from their former marriage etc etc. Right or wrong doesn't matter, fact is that is one of the biggest reasons for some of the older men that comes to Thailand or even live here.

The fact you start the argument by being a grammar nazi kind of proves the point that you are taking this rather personally. To close to the heart perhaps?

^Read the thread.

I have read the thread. I want you to show me anywhere a they profess what you allege.

See KOTO at 471.

Would that lone comment not be refered to as 'he' rather than 'they'

No, it would be, Gidyup ask a question at 470 and someone else answered it at 471.

Edited by GuestHouse

So we ought to ask is there a significance in old foreigners seeking relationships with very much younger Thai women in which inequity AND a financial imperative act in their favour and if so what is the significance and what does it say about the people who seek these forms of relationship?

TBL tried to reply to this with 'I'm not bright enough to understand the question'.

Any other takers?

The fact you start the argument by being a grammar nazi kind of proves the point that you are taking this rather personally. To close to the heart perhaps?

Not at all; I am pedantic on occasion especially when I encounter what I consider bombastic hyperbole. Would you perhaps now explain what you meant by your references which I highlighted?

So we ought to ask is there a significance in old foreigners seeking relationships with very much younger Thai women in which inequity AND a financial imperative act in their favour and if so what is the significance and what does it say about the people who seek these forms of relationship?

TBL tried to reply to this with 'I'm not bright enough to understand the question'.

Any other takers?

The people who seek these forms of relationship like sexy young women

Also appreciate the chance to live in Thailand

Enjoy the opportunity to to take care and be cared for

Think it is great to be able to build a house for a percentage of the cost in their own country

Find out that they may not be very good at farming

Appreciate having a partner that really appreciates them

Just for a start......

@pastitche

So either you are really ignorant to your surroundings ore you are really naive thinking these things never occur but I think you know what I mean and I have no intention of satisfying your crave for a needless debate. Either prove me wrong or don't comment at all.

@pastitche

So either you are really ignorant to your surroundings ore you are really naive thinking these things never occur but I think you know what I mean and I have no intention of satisfying your crave for a needless debate. Either prove me wrong or don't comment at all.

Oh I'm sure they happen.....but are you really convinced.....exclusively in the domain of the 'older guy'......I don't think so

Edited by 473geo

Any other takers?

Think it is great to be able to build a house for a percentage of the cost in their own country

Just for a start......

You could do all that (especially the 'Appreciate having a partner that really appreciates them' bit) without the inequity and the financial imperative, many do.

So not an answer that addresses the question.

Edited by GuestHouse

Any other takers?

Just for a start......

You could do all that (especially the 'Appreciate having a partner that really appreciates them' bit) without the inequity and the financial imperative, many do.

So not an answer that addresses the question.

Or just maybe you are over exagerating the influence of inequity and the financial imperative, on a relationship that apart from the age gap can be a normal functioning relationship? just not in your view perhaps

Actually I'd go as far as to say the existence of inequity and the financial imperative precludes anything but the remotest hope that anyone, regardless of age, might reasonably expect to " Appreciate having a partner that really appreciates them "

Actually I'd go as far as to say the existence of inequity and the financial imperative precludes anything but the remotest hope that anyone, regardless of age, might reasonably expect to " Appreciate having a partner that really appreciates them "

Then I'm affraid you may only find the answer in your own mind...dig deep.....old guy....smile.png

@pastitche

Prove you wrong about what - your nebulous statements that I asked you to explain?

This thread was apparently about age differences between farang men and their Thai wives/gfs; are you introducing the darker and more sinister reasons why some deviants come to Thailand? If so you should make that clearer because I really had no idea what you were trying to say in your initial post.

Every couple where the farang bloke is 20 years + older than his Thai wife/gf that i know, the younger Thai gf/wife has been playing around with younger Thai/farang men behind her older farang partners back.

How many do you know exactly?

and I might guess you live in a fairly large city?

Wow! Just noticed this thread has motered into 20 pages.

Who was it that said there would be bruized ego's, was obviously correct.

Wow!

Edited by Dap

@pastitche

Prove you wrong about what - your nebulous statements that I asked you to explain?

This thread was apparently about age differences between farang men and their Thai wives/gfs; are you introducing the darker and more sinister reasons why some deviants come to Thailand? If so you should make that clearer because I really had no idea what you were trying to say in your initial post.

Well then live happily in wonderland because that's how it is for a lot of the old westerner/young thai wife couples but I'm just confirming what is being said here earlier that it's more a financial motive , trade and agreement than it is love in these cases.

As for your naive and seemingly futile attempt to get an arouse out of this, I suggest a mild sedative or stick your hand where it belongs.

Edited by maxme

Every couple where the farang bloke is 20 years + older than his Thai wife/gf that i know, the younger Thai gf/wife has been playing around with younger Thai/farang men behind her older farang partners back.

How many do you know exactly?

and I might guess you live in a fairly large city?

Wow! Just noticed this thread has motered into 20 pages.

Who was it that said there would be bruized ego's, was obviously correct.

Wow!

Actually it is the efforts of the people trying to bruise the ego's with little success that has filled the thread....smile.png

Well, it's been four long hours since the last post ...

More then a few members here with a long posting records are potentially seeing their reputations built up over the years is slowly being eaten away.

So, could I warmly suggest something here?

Maybe give it a rest for a wee bit.

There has been a dearth of interesting subjects to discuss of late.

Maybe focus your energies into debating other topics.

Better still ... start a new thread.

Who knows ... we may learn something new with your unique perspective.

Just saying like ...

• Like 1

thai girls are obsessed with thai dramas, these programs play to there fantasy's.

why are there no old farang in these shows.

Please tell me why they are always filmed in a ''palace'' and not in the average Thai house ? Please rolleyes.gif

There's northern ones on the other channel in little houses. It's just like Coronation Street.

the reason for the palace is to apeal to the viewers fantasy, the house they want, the old farang they dont.

but sometimes in life they have to take the last resort

^Read the thread.

See KOTO at 471.

You managed to find ONE thread? and that comment was made AFTER you made your ridiculous statement.That really does prove your point. In your haste to score points you forgot that you actually need facts to back up your statements.

Edited by giddyup

As a 52 year old in a 3-year relationship with a girl now aged 22, I would think the answer to "why?" is bloody obvious.

Sex case whistling.gif

RAZZ

Funnily enough, sex is so easy to get here that it's not at all the reason I've stayed with her. But her being young and very pretty does help.

theblether notes with interest the volume of vitriolic debate on this issue, theblether is of the opinion that it doesn't matter what we as individuals think about the appropriate age difference for others, but it certainly matters what we think in regards to our own personal relationships.

On a recent poll in regards to this question the age band was a lot narrower than I expected, and this issue is not the primary cause of relationship failure in Thailand. There are other far more fundamental challenges than this. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I as a Black Man had enough of Prejudice in my life. When I came to Thailand I promised myself I will not be Prejudice. Now I accepted young beautiful Thai women over 23. Just because they are young I will let have my money as fast as letting a older women.

Let us all live let live You have no right to judge me because my wife is 37 years younger than me.

Why she has been staying with me for 17 years already is nobodies business but hers not even mine.

I stay with her because she is beautiful not to old and yes good in bed.

Pathetic !

Wish people would stop creating boxes and determining for other people what their lives should look like.

Mutual consent: yes, legal age: yes and the rest is up to the partners.

Live and let live boys and enjoy life a little bit.

There are too many rules and regulations in place already !!

• Like 1

I as a Black Man had enough of Prejudice in my life. When I came to Thailand I promised myself I will not be Prejudice. Now I accepted young beautiful Thai women over 23. Just because they are young I will let have my money as fast as letting a older women.

Let us all live let live You have no right to judge me because my wife is 37 years younger than me.

Why she has been staying with me for 17 years already is nobodies business but hers not even mine.

I stay with her because she is beautiful not to old and yes good in bed.

Well said Harry, it's your life, enjoy it while you can !!