Bangkok Metropolitan Police Chief Backs Appointment Of Duang Yoobamrung

webfact

Top cop backs Duang transfer

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan Police Chief Pol MajGeneral Kamronwit Thoopkrachang yesterday defended the appointment of Duang Yoobamrung as a police lieutenant under the Metropolitan Police Bureau after accusations of favouritism spread online

Duang is the son of Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung.

Kamronwit said there was nothing irregular about the appointment of Duang, who had been an Army lieutenant, because every year military officials are transferred to work as police officers. There were 20 such transfers last year and five the year before, he said.

He said Duang had proven himself to be competent and had the proper qualifications, with 16 sharpshooter certificates and a master's degree in law. He said he had tested Duang's shooting ability and would assign him to train police to shoot.

Rak Thailand Party leader Chuwit Kamolvisit, who is leading a campaign against the appointment, said he would file a complaint over Duang's transfer to the House Committee on Police Affairs requesting that it investigate the matter.

He suspected that the transfer was not in accordance with Police Commission regulations on the qualifications of police officers. The law states that in order to qualify for appointments, police officers must not have a tainted record.

In 2001, Duang fled the country 187 days after being accused of shooting dead a police officer, later surfacing at the Thai Embassy in Malaysia, before standing trial for murder. He was discharged from Army service and stripped of his rank in absentia. He was acquitted by the court, and public prosecutors decided not to appeal against his acquittal. Duang was reenlisted in the Army in 2008, during the Samak government, when Chalerm was interior minister.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-30

What's really depressing is that these donkeys think the general Thai populace is stupid enough to believe the wind that they release. One day there will come a huge reckoning. It happens to all oppressed populations eventually. I think that the Thai version will be particularly bloody.

• Like 1

With an unlimited number of soap series on TV, i don't think that most Thais care at all (or know) about gangsters running the country. Most Thais care about their sticky rice, motorcycle payments, rice wine and karaoke! At least that's what the last election clearly showed us!

+ 1, but you forgot Som Tam

I can only imagine it was attitudes and behaviours such as those we see being displayed by the elite in Thailand that led to the French revolution. The entire mass of MPs and their crooked families should all have prepared a very rapid escape plan, because one day the lid will blow off the volcano.

Look on the bright side, now that Chalerms son is a police officer he can legally carry a firearm on him wherever he goes, nightclubs, pubs, shopping malls. Still I am sure the public are safer.

• Like 2

What's really depressing is that these donkeys think the general Thai populace is stupid enough to believe the wind that they release. One day there will come a huge reckoning. It happens to all oppressed populations eventually. I think that the Thai version will be particularly bloody.

Good point. thumbsup.gifwai.gif

With an unlimited number of soap series on TV, i don't think that most Thais care at all (or know) about gangsters running the country. Most Thais care about their sticky rice, motorcycle payments, rice wine and karaoke! At least that's what the last election clearly showed us!

Add card games.

Add card games.

and local lottery....

" He said he had tested Duang's shooting ability and would assign him to train police to shoot."

Something wrong with the sentence structure here?

Not the structure, it should read "train police to shoot each other, and get away with it"

Maybe the general Thai populace is ..... enough to believe everything their "heroes" say. Left, right, yes, no, stop, go, true, not-true, forward, backward. The sheeps and the wolves (in sheep clothing). I have to admit they might be difficult to spot for many.

"Metropolitan Police Chief Pol MajGeneral Kamronwit Thoopkrachang defended ………….

......He said he had tested Duang's shooting ability and would assign him to train police to shoot. ......"

In other words the metropolitan police chief personally took time to check the boys shooting ability.

You believe that? I don't, surely the metro police chief should be spending his time on macro level stuff, not this stuff.

As always, the assumption that people are fools and will buy anything.

Edited by scorecard

In 2001, Duang fled the country 187 days after being accused of shooting dead a police officer, later surfacing at the Thai Embassy in Malaysia, before standing trial for murder. He was discharged from Army service and stripped of his rank in absentia. He was acquitted by the court, and public prosecutors decided not to appeal against his acquittal. Duang was reenlisted in the Army in 2008, during the Samak government, when Chalerm was interior minister.

Yes, but what about the allegedly typing errors in k. Abhisit papers from 24/26 years ago ? Makes you wonder about the priorities people set and the type of things they get upset about. Double standards comes to mind ermm.gif

• Like 1

You may be right, but my Thai wife was was yelling at the TV when Chalerm was announcing that he knew nothing. She said this government is stupid nobody knows anything, must have seen too much of Yingluck I guess.

I doubt your gal was yelling because the gov't is so stupid (though, maybe she was), it was more likely how indelibly corrupt all members of PT are, including their puppetmaster - none of whom are capable of telling the truth.

Duang has proven he can hit the target.

A four year old can pull the trigger to a gun. From all accounts of eyewitnesses to the cold blooded murder of the policeman at the bat (none of which are on record, of course), the shooter was point blank range. Doesn't take any skill or bravery at all to shoot a person sized target less than a meter away. A trained chimp could do it.

And the circle is complete. Weeeee.... what a ride.

Is it just me, or is the entertainment value of Thailand getting even better? I mean, one couldn't make these things up for sure. Just when I thought they were running out of ridicilously weird ideas, they come up with things like this. No wonder people are flocking to Thailand to empty their wallets cheesy.gif

More, more clap2.gif

• Like 2

The donkeys to whom you politely refer are in charge of the red asses who follow them blindly.ermm.gif

I just heard someone (Thai) saying: Where is a guy like Pol Pot when you need 'em to clean up this mess.

Yes fully agree..... 10 years in the army.... vigourous, now to join the street MIBrown collection committee....what a disgrace!!!!