Bus Staff Arrested After Stealing Tourists Belongings

Jai Dee

OWNER, DRIVER AND STAFF OF A BUS WERE ARRESTED AFTER THEY STOLE THE BELONGINGS OF A WHOLE GROUP OF FOREIGN TOURISTS

Police have arrested the owner, driver, and staff of a coach after they were found to have been stealing belongings of foreign tourists.

15 foreign tourists from the United States, Ireland, South Africa, and South Korea alerted the tourism police of their missing belongings while they were traveling from Surat Thani Province to Bangkok. An interception point was set up and police successfully searched the coach, finding digital cameras and many currencies tucked away at different spots inside the vehicle.

Initially, the two staff on the coach confessed the group had previously carried out such act several times.

However, the owner and the driver of the coach were still denying charges.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 20 January 2006

OWNER, DRIVER AND STAFF OF A BUS WERE ARRESTED AFTER THEY STOLE THE BELONGINGS OF A WHOLE GROUP OF FOREIGN TOURISTS

Police have arrested the owner, driver, and staff of a coach after they were found to have been stealing belongings of foreign tourists.

15 foreign tourists from the United States, Ireland, South Africa, and South Korea alerted the tourism police of their missing belongings while they were traveling from Surat Thani Province to Bangkok.

"SURAT THANI" :

WELL, OBVIOUSLY A KHAOSAN-BUS THEN..... I WONDER WHY PEOPLE NEVER LEARN AND STILL HOP ON SUCH SUSPICIOUSLY CHEAP BUSSES..... IN MY OPINION, THEY SOMETIMES DONT DESERVE BETTER THEN.....

Edited by AsiaWolfie

"SURAT THANI" :

WELL, OBVIOUSLY A KHAOSAN-BUS THEN..... I WONDER WHY PEOPLE NEVER LEARN AND STILL HOP ON SUCH SUSPICIOUSLY CHEAP BUSSES..... IN MY OPINION, THEY SOMETIMES DONT DESERVE BETTER THEN.....

You must get a lot of exercise jumping to conclusions.

So if someone gets a cheap price for somthing they deserve to be robbed? Strange logic, although it is quite common on TV.

"SURAT THANI" :

You must get a lot of exercise jumping to conclusions.

So if someone gets a cheap price for somthing they deserve to be robbed? Strange logic, although it is quite common on TV.

As the saying goes, "There is no such thing as free lunch".

If it is cheap it generally crap, or there is some other catch.

That is life................

In this case, the catch is that you get robbed.

Can anything go right for this misfortunate province?

Seems like it's the location of every crime lately.

Certainly an exaggeration, but it sure seems that way.

Certainly also that no one deserves to get robbed.

Certainly also can happen on ANY mode and ANY class of transport, be it bus, train, ferry boat, airplane, etc.

Edited by sriracha john

The coaches are usually the double deck type you see on longhaul runs.

Luggage is stored or dumped in the lower section and the driver will slow down in certain areas on the trip to enable staff to ransack luggage and these coaches are not necessarily a cheap ride.

Always use a gov't vip coach.

This scam has been going on for years. I remember they used to use a 10 year old busboy to crawl beneath the seats at 2 am., feeling in the dark for passports and wallets in bags and money belts under shirts. The boy would then get off on route, well before Bangkok at Cha-am, Nakhon Phatom, Ratchaburi, whatever; gone with the evidence.