Dog Poo Is The Reason I Will Leave This Country....From My Own Dogs

I'm always suprised by those who complain about the dog poo here as its something I rarely see - even though there are dogs everywhere!

Presumably its 'cos the heat and sun break it down incredibly quickly?

Incidentally, thanks Babyjesus for dumping your trash indiscriminately - its one of the things we all love about living here, the rubbish dumped anywhere rolleyes.gif .

Edit - as for the way you hate anyone that has compassion for starving soi dogs... you may be totally self-centred, but others hate to see suffering. You are v lucky to be so lacking in empathy.

You do know that every area of thailand with soi dogs has people coming to feed them MINIMUM 3 times a day?

Add to that residents and trash, those dog are OVER FED, the food is horrible so they just shit it all back right away and stay skinny.

Again which dogs were overfed?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a week of living in this moobahn, a security lady rushed over to me as I was walking them saying "no no no dogs. Too much poo" and I held up the bag with a big poo in it saying "I pick up - you want it?" but of course she kept shouting at me. they are inane blinkered tools.

Yes, they are tools - i think throwing shit over their houses as a departing gift is a fantastic idea, if you need any additional poo pls PM, i have 4 dogs i and always plenty poo available, more so for this good cause.

They're <deleted> - whole lot of them!

geez. on kibbutz we just take the 'yes shlomo' approach: shlomo (somchai, joe, whoever) complains about our dogs, the neighbhors dogs the garbage, the bycycles, the amount of water being used, whatever, we just say, ok, yes shlomo, no problem, btw, how are u feeling today, how's the wife/son/arthritis.... end of complaint til next run in on the sidewalks of the kibbutz...

for a few annoying people u are leaving the country?!!

bina

I am leaving the irritating country. It's not the odd one or two. They are all halfwits. Going back to a decent land again where the word integrity means something.

I can understand your frustration without actually experiencing your situation. There are quite a few irritations to put up with in Thailand, but overall I prefer to live here than my home country. I find only one serious flaw with the Thai character and that's the inability to take responsibility for their actions. They are always so quick to blame others, especially a falang.

add to that all the farangs like f1fanatic who are the same as thais

With thais you can understand as they've had a third world upbringing but then you have all these annoying farangs with no excuses

geez. on kibbutz we just take the 'yes shlomo' approach: shlomo (somchai, joe, whoever) complains about our dogs, the neighbhors dogs the garbage, the bycycles, the amount of water being used, whatever, we just say, ok, yes shlomo, no problem, btw, how are u feeling today, how's the wife/son/arthritis.... end of complaint til next run in on the sidewalks of the kibbutz...

bina

I am leaving the irritating country. It's not the odd one or two. They are all halfwits. Going back to a decent land again where the word integrity means something.

I can understand your frustration without actually experiencing your situation. There are quite a few irritations to put up with in Thailand, but overall I prefer to live here than my home country. I find only one serious flaw with the Thai character and that's the inability to take responsibility for their actions. They are always so quick to blame others, especially a falang.

With thais you can understand as they've had a third world upbringing but then you have all these annoying farangs with no excuses

It's cos they like, really understand the culture, man

bina

here's the thing compadre. I have no intention to return to my home country. It's a funny thing about Thailand; people detest it and yet stay here because it's better than their home country apparently. But why limit yourself to your home country or Thailand, a country that on balance hates you and only wants to steal your money. Big old world, and unless people have a hankering for somtam boobalaa then really people should unshackel their minds from the idea that Thailand is the only way forward. Malaysia is better hands over fist. For cheapness, Cambodia is more promising, and Myanmar could be fantastic (unless the thais mess it up). HK, Sing (dull but ok), All sorts all over China, so many options. Personally I came here for a very specific reason and that reason is no longer enough for me to put up with this crackpot jumped up 4th world country.

• Like 1

bina

Why single out F1fanatic? Because she called you out for your irresponsibilty?

Have you ever heard the saying, "when in Rome...."

Picking up dog poo - what an insane thing to do.

There must be more to this story than you say. Is your wife Thai? often farang married to low class Thais get a hard time or even asked to leave certain areas.

You can't fit in to this culture so leave - no need to try to bring down the country most of us here love just because of your own inadequacies.

• Like 1

I have a Thai neighbour who constantly let out his dog for a few minutes when he came home, that then shit on the street in front of my house. I collected the stuff and dumped it in his driveway, he got the hint. I know it's off topic but what gets me is some Thais in my Moo Ban have dogs that they leave alone all day & half the night, never exercise them and the dam_n dogs bark constantly through boredom or whatever dogs experience. When barking in the night never look to see what's going on, so if your intent is to steal you would just poison the dog. They claim to love their pet; just absurd - end of rant.

As for the post saying dog crap all over the street is fine & then insults the OP's wife - words fail me

I used to live on Lantau Island, before they built the airport, & enjoyed H.K. Have a great and more enjoyable time with your family.smile.png

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

are you moving to hk? i just came over from hk to here not too long ago and before that korea. pm if you need any help. miss those curry fishballs and all roast stalls laugh.png

I lived there before making the mistake of moving here. Cheers though mate smile.png

Slightly off topic, But what is the average Cost of Living in HK with X1 small / med size dog???

Edited by wannascuba

There are many things I find truly wonderful here and others that really irritate me, but this is the lifestyle I chose and fully intend to see it out.

In the case of the OP, he is probably doing the right thing, as it appears Thailand is not for him.

No one should criticise because, as the wise man says; one man’s meat, is another man’s poison and do whatever is best for you.

• Like 2

are you moving to hk? i just came over from hk to here not too long ago and before that korea. pm if you need any help. miss those curry fishballs and all roast stalls laugh.png

I lived there before making the mistake of moving here. Cheers though mate smile.png

Slightly off topic, But what is the average Cost of Living in HK with X1 small / med size dog???

Cost of dog ownership no real difference assuming you feed them good food. Vet bills x 3 I guess. Everything else more or less x4. So what you spend 100 baht on here will cost you 100 HKD in Hong Kong which is about 400 baht.

There are many things I find truly wonderful here and others that really irritate me, but this is the lifestyle I chose and fully intend to see it out.

In the case of the OP, he is probably doing the right thing, as it appears Thailand is not for him.

No one should criticise because, as the wise man says; one man’s meat, is another man’s poison and do whatever is best for you.

Cheers - nice sentiments. Your comment "intend to see it out" reminds me of eating a bad meal or watching a crap movie though. Got this far through it I will see it out. Sounds hard work to me...

• Like 1

After a week of living in this moobahn, a security lady rushed over to me as I was walking them saying "no no no dogs. Too much poo" and I held up the bag with a big poo in it saying "I pick up - you want it?" but of course she kept shouting at me. they are inane blinkered tools.

Yeah, that's really endearing oneself to the neighbours from day one; not!

Maybe they're just fed up with the arrogant farang?

So let me get this straight - you are saying it is my fault? Being shouted out for not picking up poo when I am holding a poo in a bag?

You'd just moved in when security tell that dogs aren't allowed because of the mess they make.

You describe yourself as a responsible dog owner who picks up after his animals. Did you calmly and reasonably explain this to the security guard? No; you wave a bag of dog feces at her and ask if she wants it! Maybe she took this as a threat? Especially if you were shouting at her in English; do you speak Thai?

As I said; not a good way to endear yourself to anyone and a display of arrogance, or maybe just petulance, that would put anyone's back up; not just a Thai.

If the arrogant, superior attitude towards Thais you have exhibited in this topic is evident to your neighbours it is no wonder they don't like you.

• Like 2

bina

What country ?

bina

What country ?

the solution is to move away from neighbors, not leave the country.

get isolated in Thaiiland, the place turns into a paradise that could be anywhere. the only problems you bring with you are your own. if your still complaining then, at least there's nobody around to hear it.

That is the way it is here...blame the foreigner for everything wrong with this society...I am getting tired of here too...hope to leave soon..

How will Thailand survive without you ?

I have been here since 1990 and have never been blamed for anything that is wrong with Thailand. In fact, it seems that ThaiVisa members have an abnormal ammount of problems and complications in Thailand, I have never had any of these problems or complications.

I came here in my 30's, maybe thats why, some people are too old to adapt.

Yes some, but I don`t.

Please don`t tar us all with the same brush.

As for my financial, sexual and emotional problems, I`ve seen the doctor and feeling much better now since he put me on those pink tablets.

bina

5555 notice you don't ask "how's business" the quintessential no no hugh...

also cannot believe someone is leaving the country because of dog shit and neighbors...frikkin hilarious if it was not so weak/pathetic...now if they were real land mines!?. Maybe there is a dog shit refugee camp he could go to?

..probably more to this story than he is willing to admit methinks.....

Had a neighbor in Melbourne, old lady busy body, called to tell us she did not like the primrose colour of our repainted house, I apologized for not consulting her prior to repainting .. ...our shepherd then tried to snack on her "rat on a string dog"...never saw her near our house again..

• Like 1

get isolated in Thaiiland, the place turns into a paradise that could be anywhere. the only problems you bring with you are your own. if your still complaining then, at least there's nobody around to hear it.

Are you seriously telling me that anywhere else in Thailand is better? I don't fancy being shot by some yabba'd up pisshead who wants my TV so there is no way I would live in the sticks. Can't for work reasons anyway. Your solution seems to be "live in Thailand but away from Thai people". That is ludicrous. Why bother being an expat in the first place and why continue to live somewhere where integration is impossible? Also - what's so good about Thailand the place anyway? It's falling apart, does have a superiority complex (completely unfounded) is managed and populated by corrupt people who are doing their level best to destroy and rape the country. If you are going to live somewhere with on the basis the country is nice, and you don't have to bother with the people there are a hundred nicer countries, and about half of them are living with in the 2010'sand not the 1810's in terms of attitude.

You'd just moved in when security tell that dogs aren't allowed because of the mess they make.

You describe yourself as a responsible dog owner who picks up after his animals. Did you calmly and reasonably explain this to the security guard? No; you wave a bag of dog feces at her and ask if she wants it! Maybe she took this as a threat? Especially if you were shouting at her in English; do you speak Thai?

As I said; not a good way to endear yourself to anyone and a display of arrogance, or maybe just petulance, that would put anyone's back up; not just a Thai.

If the arrogant, superior attitude towards Thais you have exhibited in this topic is evident to your neighbours it is no wonder they don't like you.

Did you skim past the original post? The village is full of dogs. Full of them. The security guard was ignoring the 10 other dogs crapping everywhere and singling me out as the only farang. I have no superior attitude like others do even when they are sat behind the safety of their computers anonymity. How can you explain to a Myanmar guard anything at all? All they know is Farang with Dogs + poo all over the streets; must be him and not the irresponsible shites that already live there. Maybe some people would benefit from taking of their kaftan and realising that the country in general is a racist drosshole.

Are you seriously telling me that anywhere else in Thailand is better? I don't fancy being shot by some yabba'd up pisshead who wants my TV so there is no way I would live in the sticks. Can't for work reasons anyway. Your solution seems to be "live in Thailand but away from Thai people". That is ludicrous. Why bother being an expat in the first place and why continue to live somewhere where integration is impossible? Also - what's so good about Thailand the place anyway? It's falling apart, does have a superiority complex (completely unfounded) is managed and populated by corrupt people who are doing their level best to destroy and rape the country. If you are going to live somewhere with on the basis the country is nice, and you don't have to bother with the people there are a hundred nicer countries, and about half of them are living with in the 2010'sand not the 1810's in terms of attitude.

Did you skim past the original post? The village is full of dogs. Full of them. The security guard was ignoring the 10 other dogs crapping everywhere and singling me out as the only farang. I have no superior attitude like others do even when they are sat behind the safety of their computers anonymity. How can you explain to a Myanmar guard anything at all? All they know is Farang with Dogs + poo all over the streets; must be him and not the irresponsible shites that already live there. Maybe some people would benefit from taking of their kaftan and realising that the country in general is a racist drosshole.

dear dear me ...seems like plagiarism of a story I once read: "white man runs away from s(t)inking shit(p) and it "dogs" him for the rest of his life..finally got some balls but in his chest"..think his name was Tuan Quim.. Jim or something??

Maybe time to stop being whingeing wimp and go forth.....???

dear dear me ...seems like plagiarism of a story I once read: "white man runs away from s(t)inking shit(p) and it "dogs" him for the rest of his life..finally got some balls but in his chest"..think his name was Tuan Quim.. Jim or something??

Maybe time to stop being whingeing wimp and go forth.....???

Highly doubt you have ever read anything at all with the level of grammar you posses. trot on cowboy. Nothing for you trolls to see here.

• Like 1

QED

Hong Kong's loss is Thailand's gain.

QED

Well no - taking my investment to HK is Thailands loss actually.

Well yes....I assure you, you will not be missed. And neither will your pittance investments. Surely you know that for every disgruntled farang that leaves, two comes to take his place.

QED

Well no - taking my investment to HK is Thailands loss actually.

Well yes....I assure you, you will not be missed. And neither will your pittance investments. Surely you know that for every disgruntled farang that leaves, two comes to take his place.

...and therein lies the problem.

• Like 2

we have to cope with the village's buffaloes, cows, chickens,dogs and ducks pooing and eating things in our garden, and until I get a fence fixed, will have to for some time. We get dogs poisoned as well. The problems of the OP seem minor in comparison.

• Like 1

lol man, you need to chill out a bit, while I do agree with some of the things you have said. A lot of your posts you seem to be really pissed.

Just how exactly do you know it is a pittance? How do you know what the sum total of corporation tax would be over a few years? How exactly do you know how much money I would bring in from other countries into Thailand? Even if I bring in 1m baht from a Vietnam based company into Thailand that would have otherwise stayed in Vietnam this isof value to Thailand? Trot on sunshine - haven't you got lessons to prepare for?

we have to cope with the village's buffaloes, cows, chickens,dogs and ducks pooing and eating things in our garden, and until I get a fence fixed, will have to for some time. We get dogs poisoned as well. The problems of the OP seem minor in comparison.

Very true - but actually everything you mention is all rolled into my issues as well. Lack of accountability and blame the farang. You realise the local cops will arrest you if you if one of your dogs killon of their chickens that comes onto your garden.