Medical Required For Retirement Visa

For those that deal with the Shiracha Immigration office in Chon Buri be aware that they now need a medical Report with all applications not just the first one but all.

Also you have to go to a hospital for it they have stopped all Medical Centers come Drs issuing them. It now has to be from the hospital.

There is a new broom ( officers and General) at this office, also when all seats are taken in the waiting room the doors will close and you may have to wait till after lunch to get in so get there early.

I got mine yesterday the 15th August also go a rentry permit and did my 90 days all from the same officer.

I was in and out in one hour seeing I had all papers correctly presented there was one other person before me but this officer stopped and did other stuff for others as well as processing mine.

So I was lucky to be in and out.

Last year they wanted a medical certificate of me when I applied for extension at Sriracha Immigration so i will go to a hospital and get in case they will ask for it but there is no reqirement for a medical certificate by law as I see it.

If you need a medical certificate to get an extension then those getting it for the reason of marriage are in real trouble.

The doctor would need to sign you off as sane, but you married a Thai lady ....rolleyes.gif

Just joking dear (for her indoors)

• Like 2

It's the same Medical as getting a thai driving licence.180Baht at pattaya memorial hospital.

or 80 Baht at any clinic

40 Baht at the International Friendship Hospital in HDY

Your all being done it's 30bt where I live just gone up from 20bt.

The OP said, "Also you have to go to a hospital for it they have stopped all Medical Centers come Drs issuing them. It now has to be from the hospital."

As Langsuan Man said, an other petty dictator...something to remember when all the Bangkok boys are denial about how extensions can be a pain. "Just dress nice, smile a lot, make sure your paperwork is complete, like the REST of us"...

Feh.

I will go for my first extention of my O-A (retirement type) visa in late september. I received a list of documents needed at the Bangkok Division 1 office when I went for my last 90 check-in and it did not mention a medical certificate on the list. It wouldn't be hard for me to go my my clinic to get it if need be but It would be much more of a hassle for me to have to go to my hospital. I have no health problems and did the medical check up before I came when applying for the visa through the Thai Embassy in the USA. If anyone happens to have been to the Division 1 office recently or goes for an extention in the near future I would greatly appriciate your input on if I need to do it at a hospital, clinic or at all. Thanks in advance.

As far as I know the need for a medical report went out of the window many years ago.

It is not a requirement.

I was asked for a medical certificate by Amnat Imm earlier this year. Got one from the local government hospital as they wouldn't accept a full medical check from a private hospital. Seems they are making it up as they go along, again!

Edited by Anon999

I will go for my first extention of my O-A (retirement type) visa in late september. I received a list of documents needed at the Bangkok Division 1 office when I went for my last 90 check-in and it did not mention a medical certificate on the list. It wouldn't be hard for me to go my my clinic to get it if need be but It would be much more of a hassle for me to have to go to my hospital. I have no health problems and did the medical check up before I came when applying for the visa through the Thai Embassy in the USA. If anyone happens to have been to the Division 1 office recently or goes for an extention in the near future I would greatly appriciate your input on if I need to do it at a hospital, clinic or at all. Thanks in advance.

I don't know if Division 1 Office means Changwattana Immigration - but I assume it does. I have done two retirement extensions there ( in January of this and last year) and no medical certificate of any kind was required.

• Like 1

This is the problem with these kind of reports people do not read correctly and make a lot of assunptions. When I got my first at Bangkok no medical and two latter at Chiamh Mai no medical reports needed. This report is for some littel local office in Chonburi that has there own rules.
  • Like 1

This is the problem with these kind of reports people do not read correctly and make a lot of assunptions. When I got my first at Bangkok no medical and two latter at Chiamh Mai no medical reports needed. This report is for some littel local office in Chonburi that has there own rules.

You are quite correct all I am saying is be aware if you go to Shiracha Immigration office in Chon Buri. A medical cert is required and not from any Medical Centers Also no need for me to go and drive 40 mins to Jomtien just to save on not having to get a Medical Cert . Do not see the point and a waste of time doing that.