Only Rubber Bullets Used On Fatal Day: Thai Army Marksmen

webfact

Not one single pic of one single bullet on the road then or sticking out of a head, so no proof at all. I find it hard to understand why they could not come up with a better story after all this time. Seems the only believers are the PAD sorts and deluded TV members. Evidence to back up the claims is needed, should not be that difficult to come up with surely?

Not one picture of a soldier shooting a protester. Mustn't have happened.

Are you suggesting 91+ people topped themselves then? No rubber bullet evidence = no case proven. Plenty of dead bodies and bullets, brains and blood on the roads though that point the finger squarely at the people with the means and orders the shoot them.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not one single pic of one single bullet on the road then or sticking out of a head, so no proof at all. I find it hard to understand why they could not come up with a better story after all this time. Seems the only believers are the PAD sorts and deluded TV members. Evidence to back up the claims is needed, should not be that difficult to come up with surely?

Are you suggesting 91+ people topped themselves then? No rubber bullet evidence = no case proven. Plenty of dead bodies and bullets, brains and blood on the roads though that point the finger squarely at the people with the means and orders the shoot them.

Dead bodies, but no photos of a soldier killing them. Mustn't have happened.

"point the finger squarely at the people with the means and orders the shoot them." - and that could be from any side.

Dead bodies, but no photos of a soldier killing them. Mustn't have happened.

"point the finger squarely at the people with the means and orders the shoot them." - and that could be from any side.

I seem to recall a slight mishap where the army shot into their own motorcade, I belive this was live ammunition, but as I was not there cannot be sure, Indeed probably risk being allocated some sort of derogatary label by reasonabeman for having the affrontery to make comment!

Edited by 473geo

A quoted post that has been altered has been removed please see the following rule:

30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording

Were you there when the floods took place? If not, according to reasonableman you are a 'retarded apologist' I was there during the floods and did my bit for my family in BKK. I don't claim this gives me any more right to comment than you. But according to reasonableman Abhisit caused the floods by miscalculating the realease of water from the dams. The reason this is true is because I was there and this is what I believe, others who were not actually involved in the flooding cannot possibly usurp my judgement so I must be right....according to reasonableman.

Although I do have a bit of a problem following your logic, I certainly wouldn't even try to usurp your superior judgement. Mind you, could you inform this gentleman who seems to suffer from delusions and thinks he's in part to blame for a flooding well done?

""I admit ordering a delay in the release of water into the plains areas so that farmers could harvest their crops first," he said."

http://www.thaivisa....inister-theera/

I believe he worked for the Democrat government did he not Rubl......

"worked for"

The Minister for Agriculture & Co-operatives in the Democrat-led coalition-government, H.E. Theera Wongsamut appears to have the same political-position with the current PTP-led coalition-government , despite any responsibility he may have had, before or after the change-of-government, for his decisions contributing to the floods last year. Who knows when the crucial decisions were made ?

Interesting things, coalition governments, aren't they ! cool.png

And good for every poster, who helped out their extended-families, during the exceptional-floods last year, by the way. wai.gif

For example I was delighted at the way my teenage-son & his cousins helped move pianos & other items of heavy-furniture to safety, when we got a 4-hour pre-warning of impending floods in Hat Yai last January. Nice to see our own farang social-values in-action, to help our relatives-by-marriage, "England Expects Every Man to Do His Duty", and all that.

Were you there when the floods took place? If not, according to reasonableman you are a 'retarded apologist' I was there during the floods and did my bit for my family in BKK. I don't claim this gives me any more right to comment than you. But according to reasonableman Abhisit caused the floods by miscalculating the realease of water from the dams. The reason this is true is because I was there and this is what I believe, others who were not actually involved in the flooding cannot possibly usurp my judgement so I must be right....according to reasonableman.

Although I do have a bit of a problem following your logic, I certainly wouldn't even try to usurp your superior judgement. Mind you, could you inform this gentleman who seems to suffer from delusions and thinks he's in part to blame for a flooding well done?

""I admit ordering a delay in the release of water into the plains areas so that farmers could harvest their crops first," he said."

http://www.thaivisa....inister-theera/

I believe he worked for the Democrat government did he not Rubl......

We're floating a wee bit off topic here I'm afraid.

The gentleman had been minister in the Abhisit government and when he made his statement he was a minister in the Yingluck government and refering to her government. From the link I provided

"Agriculture Minister Theera Wongsamut yesterday acknowledged that the controversial decision to delay the release of water from the country's major dams had been made by the government."

But he held the water back when he was with the Democrat government Rubl, otherwise there would not have been any water to 'not release' in August by which time it was too late!! Damage done by Democrat government.......PTP left to deal with a big problem by the inadequate release of water earlier in the year by this guy working for the Abhisit regime...,you may not like it but the release statistics tell it how it was.

Now we are going way of topic....with your experience of the protest perhaps in your newly occupied 'expert' position created by reasonableman you can tell me what you saw regarding the assasination of Seh Daeng.......as I was not there Rubl.....

begin removed ...

Now we are going way of topic....with your experience of the protest perhaps in your newly occupied 'expert' position created by reasonableman you can tell me what you saw regarding the assasination of Seh Daeng.......as I was not there Rubl.....

I saw it, with my very own eyes! Somewhat later that is, on television or maybe a clip. If you really like to know read this transscript from

"New York Times correspondent Thomas Fuller was interviewing Gen. Khattiya Sawasdiphol, known as "Seh Daeng," when he was shot in the head."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126805541

begin removed ...

I saw it, with my very own eyes! Somewhat later that is, on television or maybe a clip. If you really like to know read this transscript from

"New York Times correspondent Thomas Fuller was interviewing Gen. Khattiya Sawasdiphol, known as "Seh Daeng," when he was shot in the head."

http://www.npr.org/t...oryId=126805541

Thanks Rubl interesting article don't you think, two days before the 'fateful day' mentined in the OP a renegade general was assinated inside the barricades, and not one mention of it being a rubber bullet!!

But he held the water back when he was with the Democrat government Rubl, otherwise there would not have been any water to 'not release' in August by which time it was too late!! Damage done by Democrat government.......PTP left to deal with a big problem by the inadequate release of water earlier in the year by this guy working for the Abhisit regime...,you may not like it but the release statistics tell it how it was.

It seems that the PTP government rewarded Theera for his incompetence in his ministry in the Abhisit government with the same position in the new government.

It seems that the PTP government rewarded Theera for his incompetence in his ministry in the Abhisit government with the same position in the new government.

Perhaps they thought if he was moved they would yet again be accused of cronyism, besides I think PTP may be of the opinion that people can learn by their mistakes, unlike the Democrats who appear in the eyes of their most ardent supporters to have never made any smile.png

Perhaps they thought if he was moved they would yet again be accused of cronyism, besides I think PTP may be of the opinion that people can learn by their mistakes, unlike the Democrats who appear in the eyes of their most ardent supporters to have never made any smile.png

How would moving him suggest cronyism? Most of the time PTP are moving people to inactive posts if they make "mistakes".

begin removed ...

Thanks Rubl interesting article don't you think, two days before the 'fateful day' mentined in the OP a renegade general was assinated inside the barricades, and not one mention of it being a rubber bullet!!

Most likely killed by his own 'side' to silence him, don't you think.

I can see why some would come to that conclusion

It ranks alongside 'suicide' as an explanation

Good martini's are like beautiful women, two is not enough and three is too many.

Either way, ones judgment goes out the window.

Looks like you had a couple of Lao khao.............

Of course the army never shot anybody.

The rest of the planet imagined it.

Weak to use an insult in your argument. I don't drink Lao Khao!

Again, the army was confronted with an armed revolt in the middle of Bangkok. Not overnight, but over the course of a couple of weeks. On both sides of the spectrum less than 100 people were killed, a miracle if you take the scale of the events in consideration.

Who killed who is still to be determined, but you seem to know exactly who did what without any evidence. Please contact the DSI and give them your sources. Or are you guessing and pushing an agenda??

Who started is something we do know,as the red shirts contained a group of ruthless murderers (MIB) who killed soldiers and provoked the massacre at Kok Wua. From that moment on, the demonstration became a revolt, which was heading to full blown civil war.

Keep repeating your half truths and lies and keep defending your beloved leader in exile, it serves yo right! And have a couple of martinis.

Good one! So tell us who shot the general in your not so humble opinion. Who gave the order and more important .. why?

Good one! So tell us who shot the general in your not so humble opinion. Who gave the order and more important .. why?

He's the main strategist that could cause absolute mayhem and untold pain for the RTA when they finally move in

He is the cohesive element and director of the 'guards' protecting the civilians

He is a renegade general who can do what he wants because he cannot face charges

He is an major embarrassment to the RTA

The person who shot him was briefed to call radio when he got a clear shot, the decision to remove him was probably taken well in advance of the actual shot

Historicaly renegade generals tend to be dealt with internally

I have no idea, maybe you are correct

Suicide would be doing something crazy such as sidelining the red shirt command and doing his own thing. Upset the MfA

Suicide would be doing something crazy such as sidelining the red shirt command and doing his own thing. Upset the MfA

Well not often the red shirts are attributed with the good sense and judgement to halt the protest when a suitable offer is made

There you have it folks, red shirts intelligent negotiators respecting human life and their supporters safety

You heard it here first....

Edited by 473geo

begin removed ...

assinated? He was shot in the head, not the ass. Confusion understandable, hard to tell the difference.

• Like 2

Well not often the red shirts are attributed with the good sense and judgement to halt the protest when a suitable offer is made

There you have it folks, red shirts intelligent negotiators respecting human life and their supporters safety

You heard it here first....

........and not surprisingly, only.

Good sense, judgement and intelligence are all relative attributes. Possible explanation of different views from relative POV.

assinated? He was shot in the head, not the ass. Confusion understandable, hard to tell the difference.

Typo Mick, I just saw the photos of the unarmed 'black shirts' lined up between the police and the protestors, you see them Mick? didn't look like Russian mercenaries who communicate by sign language to me......I guess we all make errors, just some a little more laughable than others eh!

Edited by 473geo

Typo Mick, I just saw the photos of the unarmed 'black shirts' lined up between the police and the protestors, you see them Mick? didn't look like Russian mercenaries who communicate by sign language to me......I guess we all make errors, just some a little more laughable than others eh!

47, you are a strange little number. If we are referring to the same picture it is an undated picture of black-shirted red guards between police and protesters. I don't know when it was taken, and all that can be observed from it is that those persons were unarmed at that time. That those people are the same black clad persons carrying weapons in the red camp is unproven (and not even claimed by me) but that there were armed men in the red camp is proven by many witnesses, but not one who claims to be a red shirt - who are apparently blind to murder carried out in their midst.

What happened to the bullets removed from the corpses and wounded? The fact that they went to the toilet and smoked was very noteworthy.

Well you've confused me. What is noteworthy about someone going to the toilet and smoking? The first we all do and the second a lot of people do.

Is this some joke I'm missing?

Those rubber bullets make a hell of a mess of a man's head.

Depends how close you are I would have thought and where on the head the impact is although I doubt this comment is worthy of any sort of reasoned reply.

You're probably just panicking unnecessarily because you can't think of anything to say that is anti Abhisit.

Those rubber bullets make a hell of a mess of a man's head.

Depends how close you are I would have thought and where on the head the impact is although I doubt this comment is worthy of any sort of reasoned reply.

You're probably just panicking unnecessarily because you can't think of anything to say that is anti Abhisit.

I must protest against this character assasintion of Mr. Bird Poo. Shame on you

To my knowledge he has never ever been at a lack for words when saying something about k. Abhisit.tongue.png

During the questioning from 10.30am to 5pm, the two men took several breaks to visit the toilet and to smoke.

why is this tidbit significant enough to make it into the article?

To show how nervous they were?

Nice idea but entirely impractical.

It's not unusual to be nervous in court. Everyone goes to toilet and even if they went a lot you'd have to know if this was more frequent than normal. The same goes for smoking, plus the fact that nicotine is an addictive drug so not smoking would make them more edgy.