New Kawi Z-800 Leaked From Thailand?

bbradsby

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I am Kawasaki, I will price it 10-15% BELOW the m795. My guess is 350-399k range. Just a guess.

This article agrees with you & says they are sure it will not exceed 400k

Personally I will hope it is below 350k. Just a wish. : c

sorry I think that wish will not be granted smile.png

They would kill their 650 line which retails at 291k for the Ninja 650

Edited by mania

If I am Kawasaki, I will price it 10-15% BELOW the m795. My guess is 350-399k range. Just a guess.

This article agrees with you & says they are sure it will not exceed 400k

Personally I will hope it is below 350k. Just a wish. : c

sorry I think that wish will not be granted smile.png

They would kill their 650 line which retails at 291k for the Ninja 650

But just remember, tit and anything can happen. I still hope. Haha

Pricing it @ about 335-345k will only affect the verys sales. But ppl who prefer the verys will not even consider a naked IMHO.

Awaiting patiently...

• Like 1

just coming from kawa motoholic thon buri to check discounted z1000 as thinking about one due to its nice price.

but all finished:(

then asked the price of z800, they said it will be released this month for sure and it will go for between 390,000 thb to 430,000 thb. they are not sure yet. hope it will be less than 400 k which is a good price for thailand.

and there is a waiting list already for it. 30 people signed for it as of today!

so be hurry if you want to receive one fast.

Edited by ll2

Most of you are low balling the price. Keep in mind they are pensioning off the Z1000, a proven better bike. No big 'Z' and the price maybe higher than you think!

A proven better bike but also made in Japan, not Thailand, therefore much more expensive! And proven by who? The reviews I've read of the Z800 have been glowing and it has the added bonus of ABS too :-) If I had 550k to spend I'd get a Z800 instead of a Z1000 and use the other 100k+ to pimp it out smile.png

• Like 1

just coming from kawa motoholic thon buri to check discounted z1000 as thinking about one due to its nice price.

but all finished:(

then asked the price of z800, they said it will be released this month for sure and it will go for between 390,000 thb to 430,000 thb. they are not sure yet. hope it will be less than 400 k which is a good price for thailand.

and there is a waiting list already for it. 30 people signed for it as of today!

so be hurry if you want to receive one fast.

395,000thb would be ideal.But it's gonna be probably around 420,000.

Z800 is really visual masterpiece,at least for me.

just listen to that perfect sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FCF3dSvvsc

Edited by GotR1GHT

Most of you are low balling the price. Keep in mind they are pensioning off the Z1000, a proven better bike. No big 'Z' and the price maybe higher than you think!

A proven better bike but also made in Japan, not Thailand, therefore much more expensive! And proven by who? The reviews I've read of the Z800 have been glowing and it has the added bonus of ABS too :-) If I had 550k to spend I'd get a Z800 instead of a Z1000 and use the other 100k+ to pimp it out smile.png

Once you upgrade the wheels and engine your pimping money will be gone....

Sometimes when i'm eager to drive 1000cc or similiar with high end top speed i just look at this at then remind myself i'm riding on thai roads

Start from 3:21 (i've experienced it many times,glad that every time i didn't go more than 150km/h)

Edited by GotR1GHT

I can't believe you said that! You would go for the lower spec, heavier and less powerful bike over a Z1000! Each to his own.

I think you will find some happy Z1000 owners here that will straighten you out on whats proven and whats not.

Bare in mind I have nothing against the Z800.

I can't believe you said that! You would go for the lower spec, heavier and less powerful bike over a Z1000! Each to his own.

I think you will find some happy Z1000 owners here that will straighten you out on whats proven and whats not.

Bare in mind I have nothing against the Z800.

Every single review has said the Z800 doesn't feel as heavy as it is apart from at standstill. Very few riders would be able to ride either bike to their full potential especialy in Thailand, it would purely be bragging rights. The Z800 isn't that much lower spec'd than the Z1000 and, like I said, it has the added bonus of ABS too so the 120-150k price difference will be enough to get it up to the same spec or higher than the Z1000. Doesn't seem to be too much difference in this video, Z800 is certainly no slouch and still has that beautiful 4cyl sound!

Sometimes when i'm eager to drive 1000cc or similiar with high end top speed i just look at this at then remind myself i'm riding on thai roads

Start from 3:21 (i've experienced it many times,glad that every time i didn't go more than 150km/h)

the rider complains about people not looking and almost hitting him but he drives in an agressive way as well,overtaking cars (that are overtaking other cars) left and right at high speeds. He has to prepare himself that one day mr pickup driver suddenly gonna make a left or right turn without looking in his mirrors.

Bikes here are at the lower end of the road-foodchain and even owning a 600.000 baht bike does not mean other people give you more rights the a scooter rider, for that you need a benz.

Edited by pokerkid
  • Like 1

Wow - love the sound in that video! I'll check it out when I get back from overseas, bike should be out by then. Official release with price and whatnot will be end of this month / early September, very soon now.

They're apparently also going to import the Versys 1000 at the end of the year, expected to be around the 600k mark.

Edited by nikster

Doesn't seem to be too much difference in this video,

Couple things about the video...

Is that Indonesia or maybe the Philippines?

Man it looks every bit as dangerous as Thailand smile.png

The forks on that 800...Why does Kawasaki setup bikes

with such soft forks.

Unless that bike is lofting its front constantly it seems they have

used their usual super soft springs. Just way too much extension on acceleration & dive

on deceleration. My N250 was the same till I changed out the springs & oil.

It is goo the fork on this has adjustment for rebound dampening & preload too

I guess folks can re-spring it but they shouldn't have too.

Those bars sad.png

I never did find out but those tank fairing like deals...Are they just fairings or

actually gas tank?

Does sound very good & nice to hear a 4 cylinder.

I still think the Japanese 1000 was a great deal at 550k though for

folks looking at this

Edited by mania

the rider complains about people not looking and almost hitting him but he drives in an agressive way as well,overtaking cars (that are overtaking other cars) left and right at high speeds. He has to prepare himself that one day mr pickup driver suddenly gonna make a left or right turn without looking in his mirrors.

Bikes here are at the lower end of the road-foodchain and even owning a 600.000 baht bike does not mean other people give you more rights the a scooter rider, for that you need a benz.

My Thai reading skills not that good but he had nothing to complain about, it's impossible to "look out for" an R1 doing 250 kph 5555. At that speed, it's all on you, whatever happens. He managed to slow down to about 190.... close call, good God...

Still great video & nice song...

Another very positive review.

There's no doubt that z800 is a great bike but what's sad is that z800 even when it's produced in Thailand it's still 25-30% more expensive than Z1000 in US.That sucks.

Z1000 cost there (11,000$)340,000฿,here 550k. Don't know when z800 will come there but price will probably be about 260,000฿.

260k vs 420k where the gasoline is 50% cheaper and salary 5 times higher. Now that's a comparison. Oh the humanitycheesy.gifsad.png

There's no doubt that z800 is a great bike but what's sad is that z800 even when it's produced in Thailand it's still 25-30% more expensive than Z1000 in US.That sucks.

Z1000 cost there (11,000$)340,000฿,here 550k. Don't know when z800 will come there but price will probably be about 260,000฿.

260k vs 420k where the gasoline is 50% cheaper and salary 5 times higher. Now that's a comparison. Oh the humanity:cheesy: sad.png

It is true the Z800 is getting glowing reviews.

The fact this guy said he has a Ducati Hypermotard & prefers this is a big compliment.

Also many have compared it to the Triumph triple

As to price yes the US as usual is cheaper on the Z1000 but that is not a Thai bike is it?

Also the US does not tax its import as Thailand does.

On the other hand the Z800 retails in the Australia for 12,999 or roughly 373,500 baht

I have not seen a US price yet

So this bike may be quite close in price. Yes would be nicer if it was less than the US or Australia etc.

like it should be having being built here but volume discounts probably apply to the US/Australia as usual.

PS: I see too the guy in the vid said 7499 GBP which is 366,500 baht

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

The bad news is that's the uglier color scheme

The good news is that's the full power colors, not the EU version wink.png

Also what's official? Price?

Well Thai Superbike just posted that the price just came out at 375k

Whether they are accurate I do not know

Also these recent pics....ABS or no?

1150324_550119145059805_1571639352_n.jpg

Edited by mania

^^i dont see the abs thing with the slots

Nor the lines/cable

But I am not sure on the bigger Kawasaki's is it just on one side of the front wheel or both?

I do know they have a ABS & non ABS Z800 in Japan & some parts of Europe I think

Funny how they release the price at 11pm?

Yeah the Thai sites had a lot of chatter today.

Pantip & the Thai er6 site

You never know could all be speculation as none are from Kawasaki themselves

But maybe something leaked :)

375k would be a decent deal for many I guess & should maybe take away some monster 795 sales

probably some er6 sales too?