greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^

these bikes are only for sale in one shop in Bangkok and one shop in Chang mai the pricing is fixed no dealer Mark up as only 1 dealer sells them visit the shop they will have all the info you need , as for colour choice up to you as they say

Sold at one dealer in Bangkok, and what about service? Will Honda have only one service location in Bangkok, with a population of around 12 million? Also the Honda BigWing dealer is not exactly next door, so for service you need to take the afternoon off to get the bike serviced and with one service center it will probably correct to say that they will not fix it in a few hours....

^

these bikes are only for sale in one shop in Bangkok and one shop in Chang mai the pricing is fixed no dealer Mark up as only 1 dealer sells them visit the shop they will have all the info you need , as for colour choice up to you as they say

Sold at one dealer in Bangkok, and what about service? Will Honda have only one service location in Bangkok, with a population of around 12 million? Also the Honda BigWing dealer is not exactly next door, so for service you need to take the afternoon off to get the bike serviced and with one service center it will probably correct to say that they will not fix it in a few hours....

Yep it's a strange descision by Honda to only have 1 shop selling them ,I live down south in krabi so even if I wanted one I couldn't really buy it there supposed to be opening big wing in Phuket which still wouldn't be great as I mentioned before by the time I rode it back to krabi it would be time to ride it back to Phuket for it's first service.

^

Yep it's a strange descision by Honda to only have 1 shop selling them ,I live down south in krabi so even if I wanted one I couldn't really buy it there supposed to be opening big wing in Phuket which still wouldn't be great as I mentioned before by the time I rode it back to krabi it would be time to ride it back to Phuket for it's first service.

its early days.. the same thing happened with Kawasaki on the big bikes.. there will be more Big wings.. I suspect that there will be basic servicing at the Aircon Wing centres in the future.. but thats just a guess.

I was swaying between CBR 500R and CB500F, well think will go with CBR. Can anyone give estimates how much does it cost to register bike and get red plate? Also how much is the insurance for the first year? I just want to make sure I wont be caught with my pants down when it comes to pay for everything.

Also color wise for CBR my favorite is BLACK but in Thailand with so much heat and sun it will be not good at all. I think I will go with RED, that's my second most favorite color. Never considered white one but those stripes (red and blue) really makes it look good. Too bad dirt will be very visible on the white one.

What do you think?

First class insurance around 9500 thb and registration/plate 1650 thb.

Red is the best color for me but best for police to notice you as well as other cars/bikes in traffic! And girls too:lol:

I m not sure about the waiting list but it was quite long when i last seen it.

Just give them a call man.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

^

Man, they want to sell 600 bikes a year not 12 million it is not about to popullation! Same as kawa they had one shop for 4 years in bangkok and they sell thousands of bikes.

Besides, they have enough space and tools to fix 600 bikes efficiently so for bangkok it is ok.

Buf if you are living outside of bkk hard days are waiting for you. They have to open more shops outside of bkk quickly. Hope quicker than kawa.

Edited by loserlazer

^

Man, they want to sell 600 bikes a year not 12 million it is not about to popullation! Same as kawa they had one shop for 4 years in bangkok and they sell thousands of bikes.

Besides, they have enough space and tools to fix 600 bikes efficiently so for bangkok it is ok.

Buf if you are living outside of bkk hard days are waiting for you. They have to open more shops outside of bkk quickly. Hope quicker than kawa.

Honda BigWing location in Bangkok is not exactly what I would call a central location, the difference with Kawasaki Bangkok is for example that every few minutes a free taxi passes the Rama 9 shop. Also if you live in the Silom area bringing your CBR500R in for service and picking it up the next day can set you quickly back 600 THB per happening...

^

Honda BigWing location in Bangkok is not exactly what I would call a central location, the difference with Kawasaki Bangkok is for example that every few minutes a free taxi passes the Rama 9 shop. Also if you live in the Silom area bringing your CBR500R in for service and picking it up the next day can set you quickly back 600 THB per happening...

Location of bigwing shop is not that bad.

And how many times a year do you need to go for a service? 3 or 4 times maximum.

Ram intra road has less traffic than param kao too!

You live in Silom, i live on other side of the river so it is quite easy for me to reach there. All the bikers do not live in Silom man god bless!

Edited by loserlazer

So do we need to pay 20 percent more on our bikes now!

<deleted>.king hell man if i need to pay 20 percent more now.

If so <deleted>.k the system here and their politics.

They want us bikers to pay their <deleted>.king corrupt rice scheme now?

Edited by loserlazer

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/606038-New-Vehicular-Excise-Tax-Rates-Depend-On-Co2-Emissions,-From-2016:-Thailand

Check it out guys.

Do we pay extra 20 percent for bikes made in thailand?

Or do i pay extra as i pay deposit a month ago?

If so i am an angry farang now:angry:

I know its in thai and not official but here is the linky http://www.honda500t...v47orb3micvhtv2

http://www.gt-rider....5860#post285860

Thanks for the link

That is not good news though

Also I wonder for folks who already had a deposit?

Are they affected too?

I do not have a 500 on hold but am curious

Yeah this is what i wanna know too.

Called bigwing but time difference so it is closed now.

But i think we will get it from old price.

Edited by loserlazer

I know its in thai and not official but here is the linky http://www.honda500t...v47orb3micvhtv2

http://www.gt-rider....5860#post285860

Thanks for the link

That is not good news though

Also I wonder for folks who already had a deposit?

Are they affected too?

I do not have a 500 on hold but am curious

Called bigwing but time diffetence so it is closed now.

I highly doubt this will affect those that have paid their deposits, if it does then you have every right to get your deposit back and buy something else if you want......But there isn't much else so you might just have to cough up the extra cash sad.png

Edited by karlos
  • Like 1

Called bigwing but time diffetence so it is closed now.

Have you not yet paid in full on yours?

I would think they wouldn't raise your agreed upon

purchase price but you never know TIT

If you have not paid yet.... let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

Oh I see post #21 on the link that yankee provided

said a guy went into Ducati & was told any deposits before December 19th will not have

the new tax added & old prices honored.

Well I placed a deposit on 12/18 :) for the N250

will see what happens

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/606038-New-Vehicular-Excise-Tax-Rates-Depend-On-Co2-Emissions,-From-2016:-Thailand

Check it out guys.

Do we pay extra 20 percent for bikes made in thailand?

Or do i pay extra as i pay deposit a month ago?

If so i am an angry farang now:angry:

Seems to be every bike but a larger amount over 1000cc. I reported this a couple of days ago on the Ducati thread and was surprised by the lack of response. Wrong thread it seems...

Ducati are honouring prices on bikes bought before the announcement, not sure about Honda. Someone has to pay for all the 100,000 baht discount cars clogging up the streets. Certain forum members won't mind though, those who consider a medium sized, traffic easing, pollution friendly motorbike to be a luxury 'toy' for the selfish, deserving over 100% taxation, right Dave? Happy days...

• Like 1

Up an extra 6k overnight. cheesy.gif

Good ol' Thailand. Never fails to entertain. biggrin.png

Is it only 6k up. I thought the tax would be on the entire bike. making it 40k more. How does the tax work?

Looks like 3% on this example of the Honda 500's

I have read in that linked thread it may be some kind of scale that increases with cc

Some of the guys on the bigger Ducati's have been saying 10% of price

On a 300k+ bike that is some serious coin

I guess we will see soon when Ducati Thailand goes back online with the new prices.

They are down right now due to this.

http://www.ducatithailand.com/pricelist.php

Edited by mania