Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys are actually buying all this?

Might be a day late but has to be a April fools deal wink.png

Anyone who knows enough to mention the motoman break-in does

not need to ask you what you think about swapping to synthetic so soon wink.png

plonk is the sound the fishing line makes when it hits the water

So the revs are blocked with a chip, the bike looks really cool, but maybe it is not for suiciders that race down the streets.

Here are the scans I promised

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qj8xe0sc5nu8pjt/hondacbr500.zip?m

almost unreadable, the files are too much compressed

I dont know how to do screencapture with higher resolution

I need to drive this baby to see if it is good for me or not, is there a proper testing track in BKK or pattaya?

I mean somthing round, not a parking lot at the back of the shop like I saw on youtube

I am deciding between ninja 250, honda 500 or some enduro, kawa or honda

I need it mostly as a scooter substitute for the city drive around and sometimes going on a trip, who knows...

I need to drive this baby to see if it is good for me or not, is there a proper testing track in BKK or pattaya?

I mean somthing round, not a parking lot at the back of the shop like I saw on youtube

I need it mostly as a scooter substitute for the city drive around and sometimes going on a trip, who knows...

Probably the best bet is to go rent one for a day wink.png

Would be cool if you found a rental place that has all the bikes

your thinking of buying. Then make a deal with the owner that for a price

& on a day of his choice ( slow day ) you could ride each for 2 hours

Or maybe just get a 2-4 hour rate for each

Edited by mania

if you have time,say a weekend. Take a small holiday to chiang mai , its easy there to rent all the bikes you are interested in and the roads there are fantastic.

• Like 1

If you are close to Pattaya then rent them.. My rental place of choice is the lady on Soi 13/1 (i think) her bikes are in ok condition and i have never had any problems with her.. I know she has Dtracker, Ninja 250, Cbr 250.. she should have the 500's by now.

Have fun.

if you commute everyday and would like to do some tour, any of the new 500 series will fit you.

And once you buy teh bike, i am sure you would like to go for some touring as well. 250cc will not fit you on this.

If you like enduros or d trackers and want more power than cb500x will fit your bill well as it si OK for commuting in a city as well.

Beautiful workmanshipBut Moriwaki prices are really onanother level eh?

Yes they are mania. You have to see moriwaki pipe too, pretty goid quality. Made in japan, you know.

But pretty steep price for a rear set i think 24 k.

Even a second hand price is 19 k:lol:

• Like 1

Yes that is what I meant "price level" smile.png

in fact a bit overpriced for a couple pieces of aluminium thrown into a cnc machine, but spending 10% of a bikes value on some rearsets should be ok for some folks

Edited by pokerkid

Yes they are mania. You have to see moriwaki pipe too, pretty goid quality. Made in japan, you know.

I was going to use them on the 500F I had ordered, but never got. Expensive for sure, but worth it in my opinion. High grade Japanese materials and workmanship. Someone who wants the best will buy them.

If you are close to Pattaya then rent them.. My rental place of choice is the lady on Soi 13/1 (i think) her bikes are in ok condition and i have never had any problems with her.. I know she has Dtracker, Ninja 250, Cbr 250.. she should have the 500's by now.

Have fun.

She has latest models or old bikes, I see many shops around with prehistoric bikes, in Phuket I saw an old guy renting like 15 yo suzukis and kawasakis, you should go to priest before and pray that the bike will not break in half

I was going to use them on the 500F I had ordered, but never got. Expensive for sure, but worth it in my opinion. High grade Japanese materials and workmanship. Someone who wants the best will buy them.

If it is so expensive than for sure somebody will nick it soon, is it hard to nick it?

Have fun.

She has latest models or old bikes, I see many shops around with prehistoric bikes, in Phuket I saw an old guy renting like 15 yo suzukis and kawasakis, you should go to priest before and pray that the bike will not break in half

Ummm they may date back to 2008 as that's when the Ninja was 1st produced. But I haven't been that way for a year or so.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Expensive for sure, but worth it in my opinion. High grade Japanese materials and workmanship. Someone who wants the best will buy them.

Yes I can see the workmanship & quality

Especially in the gear shift & brake levers.

Also they seem to watch the weight. I see the pegs are hollowed

& also again the levers being cut out.

I do not see a brake lever return spring in the hardware bags.

Does that mean they use a internal one built into the brake lever shaft?

Nice equipment for sure

Edited by mania

Expensive for sure, but worth it in my opinion. High grade Japanese materials and workmanship. Someone who wants the best will buy them.

Yes I can see the workmanship & quality

Especially in the gear shift & brake levers.

Also they seem to watch the weight. I see the pegs are hollowed

& also again the levers being cut out.

I do not see a brake lever return spring in the hardware bags.

Does that mean they use a internal one built into the brake lever shaft?

Nice equipment for sure

No springs, but they are shown on the installation instructions. It must use the stock rear set spring set up.

• Like 1

parts for 500 series from k speed, pretty good prices but design wise all suck.

http://www.k-speed.net/product_973482_th

Yes I agree K-Speed has poor taste smile.png

But you know that carbon can they sell?

I do not know if it is available elsewhere but

It is a Two Brothers knock off .

It is also the one I just posted on that Pink Ninja under tail dual exhaust

Here is the one from K-speed site.... CNC brand ?

Obviously similar except smaller carbon weave & some small details

spd_20121222180851_b.jpg

And here is Two Brothers

M2_Carbon_Fiber.jpg

Edited by mania

Mania, i swore to bike gods and will only buy a pipe from a recognized brand this time. Besides, pink ninja girl has two pipes for a 300 cc and only one for a 500 cc?

I might get the front shock adjusters and sliders as they are very cheap just for now until bikers do something tasty and better quality.

I got the sliders from K-speed on my 500 and they look nice once they are on the bike.

That CNC exhaust might be a copy, but it sure sounds sweet.

Head over to their shop, they have a 500 fitted with it.

I very much would like to go there but i can only go there after Songkran as i am leaving to Sakhon Nakhon/Lao Border on my cbr500r on Friday morning.

But one thing make me a little cautious about the k speed sliders is that it is connecting to the engine and from only one mounting point.

Normally, a good slider needs to be connected to the chassis or engine form multiple points to distribute the impact so i am not sure if they can handle a crash and it might even damage the engine. I recommend to get one more frame slider and connect it from the lower part of the engine then two sets of them will be all good i guess.

But for 1500 thb, i will also get one for temporary basis at the end.

Any pics bramds?

thanks.

There's a feature on the CBR500R in this month's (May) issue of Fast Bikes magazine- they seemed to like it.

They also had a review in the March SuperBike magazine Thai Edition ( probably also in the English version ) Edited by mania

Guys is there a hook somewhere you can hand your bags when you coem from shopping? If I am buying this bike, it will be my only bike and I am not walking to market to buy food.

Can somebody make something because I am sure it is impossible to hand bags from the handles?

Any idea?

Guys is there a hook somewhere you can hand your bags when you coem from shopping? If I am buying this bike, it will be my only bike and I am not walking to market to buy food.

Can somebody make something because I am sure it is impossible to hand bags from the handles?

Any idea?

I am hanging some plastic bags to the handlebars if they are not heavy and if i am close to home and also before hanging bags on to the frame sliders on my cbr500.

• Like 1

Any idea?

I am hanging some plastic bags to the handlebars if they are not heavy and if i am close to home and also before hanging bags on to the frame sliders on my cbr500.

where are frame sliders

because dude, I am fruit fanatic, and I will be buying like 5 kilos of mangos and other stuff at once so I need to transport this somehow to my home

It would be nice of somebody would offer some kind of modification of some sort

too bad it does not have even a helmet under seat space

Can you show on picture where you are hanging your bags?

thx

I buy lots of fruit too!

I am hanging them on the bar ends but a maximum of maybe 2 kgs and for very short distance only. Of course no way to hang 5 kgs of mango as you lose the balance and it drags you to left.

K speed sliders are mount high on the engine so you can hang some bags on them. But for lots of kgs of shopping, just get a back pack or fit a rear box.