Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was a rather cute lady there on her 500 and they seemed to spend hours fettling her bike - I can't think why!

Did it have bigger headlights ? smile.png
She had a nice pipe!

Oh that is so Wong!....ermm.gifsmile.png

Edited by mania

Well, no need to argue on this.

TIT buddy.

If you think all Thai people are 5 years old and if you still live here among them here, you have to be at the same age as well:D

just question yourself a bit man! No need to feel negative all the time.

Anyway, why you bother? You do not own a cbr500. You just go to your local somchai for your cbr250 and god knows what is happenning between them and you/your bike:lol:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Actually I go to a Western managed dealership. smile.png

If you think all Thai people are 5 years old and if you still live here among them here, you have to be at the same age as well

Only the ones with this sort of attitude:

So, maybe they choose people.

You'd be happy to deal with a place like this instead of them being professional?? Oh man that sucks, poor you. sad.png

Edited by Salapoo

If you think all Thai people are 5 years old and if you still live here among them here, you have to be at the same age as well

>

So, maybe they choose people.

You'd be happy to deal with a place like this instead of them being professional?? Oh man that sucks, poor you. sad.png

Its not an American dealership, its an American at his Thai girlfriend's father's dealership.

>So, maybe they choose people.

Its not an American dealership, its an American at his Thai girlfriend's father's dealership.
Actually at his wife's dealership. same same............ but different. And they are still Thai Mechanics with all the idiosyncrasies that entails. I know I have seen them work :D:DSent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6 Edited by thaicbr

A post with a link to a previous topic has been removed, please note that stalking a member or attempting to reveal that member identity is against forum rules.

19) Not to post other members' personal details, photos or web site details. Doing so will result in an instant ban.

Nothing wrong with the thai mechanics really. Its their course of education that is not proper thought through as many other things here in thailand. But will get there someday! Believe me we will get there.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Posts discussing moderation have been removed, as it seems some members are a bit vague with respect to the rules here is the relevant rule.

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy. Members should not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

Well my bike has been in the repair for over a month already and I still didnt get it back. What a great service it really keeps me amazed. Called today to check as they said they will be finished by this week, still dont have some of the parts and waiting for them. Seriously? With a factory located in Thailand?

They also said dont worry when we get the parts we can finish it in one day, to which I said you shouldnt rush just to a proper job so I dont need to come back there.

How is everyone doing?>

• Like 1

They also said dont worry when we get the parts we can finish it in one day, to which I said you shouldnt rush just to a proper job so I dont need to come back there.

I always say the same. Time and money don't matter, wait until it's quiet so they've plenty of time to do it all properly.

What parts have they been waiting over a month for?

Well my bike has been in the repair for over a month already and I still didnt get it back. What a great service it really keeps me amazed. Called today to check as they said they will be finished by this week, still dont have some of the parts and waiting for them. Seriously? With a factory located in Thailand?

How is everyone doing?>

hey superior.

unfortunately, Honda service in Chiang Mai is sweeping the grounds what i heard as well.

Classic Thai style business. Waiting a month for repairs kills the joy of owning a bike instantly.

Things are better in Honda Bangkok Bigwing i think.

I always say the same. Time and money don't matter, wait until it's quiet so they've plenty of time to do it all properly.

Both left and right fairings, clutch handle, gear leaver (foot one), 2 indicators, few small things like 1 peg, mirror, etc. Nothing major. Though he did mention that my left handle bar was bent not sure they will replace it ot straighten it! I hope they will replace it.

Yes their service is average at best. I was really pissed off after driving for 2 hours on a broken bike from Chiang Rai when he said, oh we dont have anything here can I just straighten your handle bar and broken clutch leaver and you can go back and come back in 1 month when we get the parts? I was like really? I just drove 2 hours here and you want me to go back, on a broken bike.

LL,

Is there any way to improve brakes on CBR500? I almost crashed into a car doing 50-60kph once to the point that I was ready to use my feet to help it slow down. Some thai guy decided to suddenly turn right without indicating. I had plenty of distance to stop but it just kept going stopped few inches away from the car. Brakes felt so jerky no matter if I pressed hard or not like they were locking up then letting go.

Btw how much for a set of pirelli tires?

Edited by sup3r1or

Both left and right fairings, clutch handle, gear leaver (foot one), 2 indicators, few small things like 1 peg, mirror, etc. Nothing major. Though he did mention that my left handle bar was bent not sure they will replace it ot straighten it! I hope they will replace it.

Yes their service is average at best. I was really pissed off after driving for 2 hours on a broken bike from Chiang Rai when he said, oh we dont have anything here can I just straighten your handle bar and broken clutch leaver and you can go back and come back in 1 month when we get the parts? I was like really? I just drove 2 hours here and you want me to go back, on a broken bike.

Wow, this qualifies for the "Priceless" statement.... Only in Thailand....

LL,

Is there any way to improve brakes on CBR500? I almost crashed into a car doing 50-60kph once to the point that I was ready to use my feet to help it slow down. Some thai guy decided to suddenly turn right without indicating. I had plenty of distance to stop but it just kept going  stopped few inches away from the car. Brakes felt so jerky no matter if I pressed hard or not like they were locking up then letting go. 

Ummm that's the ABS working. You should just grab a handful of brake and let it work.....jeeze noob check out YouTube etc before you make stupid comments like that. Seriously get yourself down and do a big bike training course before you kill yourself self with stupidity.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

indeed.

one does wonder how he has lived this long.

I look forward to his posts, his purchase of this bike has been an endless source of amusement, from the rattles and squeaks to dumping it and now his repair greif.

his posts should be hunted down and presented as a narrative.

some people should not ride bikes

Edited by joeaverage
  • Like 2

LL,

Is there any way to improve brakes on CBR500? I almost crashed into a car doing 50-60kph once to the point that I was ready to use my feet to help it slow down. Some thai guy decided to suddenly turn right without indicating. I had plenty of distance to stop but it just kept going stopped few inches away from the car. Brakes felt so jerky no matter if I pressed hard or not like they were locking up then letting go.

I think Pirellis are around 12k-14k baht, but i recommend 1st class medical insurance for you as well..

If youd like to sell your broken bike, hit me up.

Edited by KRS1

LL,

Maybe get your brakes checked - mine seem very good on CB500X. If there is nothing wrong, and you are still unhappy with brake performance all you can do is try to tweak them with braided steel brake lines and different pads.

Pirelli Sport Demons on my CB1 (basically same size) cost 6,500 thb over 12 months ago. Because of volume, I would hope the Scorpions on the 500 would be around this mark.

ThaiCBR and JoeAverage,

I appreciate your opinion on this matter however, everyone starts from something in their life. Were both of you born with a set of skill that you were both good at everything? Should I pick out what you are not good at Iam sure there's plenty to look for. Honda BIgwing said they will invite on big bike training when I bought the bike and they never did, I asked them 2 times nobody ever contacted me. Just because I drove car for 15 years (and yes never had a single accident) and not a bike doesn't make me a bad driver. Thank you for enlightening me that that jerkines is abs, I would have never guess that its the anti-lock-braking system preventing brakes from locking up. Sorry If a bike even with a handful of brake cannot stop from 50kmh an hour when its probably 70 meters to the car or more, I don't particularly find that a good braking performance.

At some point pretty much anyone can be involved in an accident major or minor, specially here in Thailand. I fell down cuz some pri@*k spilled oil on curve might have been a street vendor and it was night time. I do not race, I never intended to buy a bike for that purpose. That time I drove 40-50 kmh. Bikes repairs are mostly cosmetic nothing serious.

I do have a medical insurance, so dont worry about that.

Averagejoe, dumping the bike? Where on earth did you get that from? Leaving the bike at honda bigwing in chiang mai for a month is considering dumping a bike? Sorry just don't feel like driving back and fourth 200km every time. Have 2 cars I can live without a bike during the repair time. One may wonder how I lived this long, it because I don't drive fast and being extra careful when I drive. Your posts mostly likely should be presented in the rules section as good trolling example.

Edited by sup3r1or

ThaiCBR and JoeAverage,

I appreciate your opinion on this matter however, everyone starts from something in their life. Were both of you born with a set of skill that you were both good at everything? Should I pick out what you are not good at Iam sure there's plenty to look for. Honda BIgwing said they will invite on big bike training when I bought the bike and they never did, I asked them 2 times nobody ever contacted me. Just because I drove car for 15 years (and yes never had a single accident) and not a bike doesn't make me a bad driver. Thank you for enlightening me that that jerkines is abs, I would have never guess that its the anti-lock-braking system preventing brakes from locking up. Sorry If a bike even with a handful of brake cannot stop from 50kmh an hour when its probably 70 meters to the car or more, I don't particularly find that a good braking performance.

At some point pretty much anyone can be involved in an accident major or minor, specially here in Thailand. I fell down cuz some pri@*k spilled oil on curve might have been a street vendor and it was night time. I do not race, I never intended to buy a bike for that purpose. That time I drove 40-50 kmh. Bikes repairs are mostly cosmetic nothing serious.

I do have a medical insurance, so dont worry about that.

Averagejoe, dumping the bike? Where on earth did you get that from? Leaving the bike at honda bigwing in chiang mai for a month is considering dumping a bike? Sorry just don't feel like driving back and fourth 200km every time. Have 2 cars I can live without a bike during the repair time. One may wonder how I lived this long, it because I don't drive fast and being extra careful when I drive. Your posts mostly likely should be presented in the rules section as good trolling example.

my good man, dumping the bike is failing to keep the black part -- also known as the tires -- on the ground. Crashing or dropping or falling off the bike mean similar things.

I am sorry you feel i am trolling, i have followed your progress since before the bike purchase and as i said you have provided me with great entertainment, although you have also caused me some concern.

We have all dropped our bikes, i have a number of times, too many to count actually, but you have also done us the favor of documenting your motorcycling career, your naivety, and your lack of luck since its inception.

for that i thank you.

I understand it is Big Wings fault that you have had no training, and do not properly understand the basic operation of your ABS brakes.

I also understand that your misfortune and near misses have been the fault of others, unfortunately that really doesn't mean much when you are in surgery.

I wish you safe riding and hope things go better for you in the future.

Edited by joeaverage

ThaiCBR and JoeAverage,

I appreciate your opinion on this matter however, everyone starts from something in their life. Were both of you born with a set of skill that you were both good at everything? Honda BIgwing said they will invite on big bike training when I bought the bike and they never did, I asked them 2 times nobody ever contacted me. Just because I drove car for 15 years (and yes never had a single accident) and not a bike doesn't make me a bad driver. Sorry If a bike even with a handful of brake cannot stop from 50kmh an hour when its probably 70 meters to the car or more, I don't particularly find that a good braking performance.

That is true we learn as we go. I myself have had 4 bike accidents here in Thailand. I rode bikes when i was young in the UK. BUT not for a fair few years before riding again in Thailand. I made mistakes. I was in accidents caused by others BUT really some proportion of blame is ALWAYS yours for not looking at the road conditions etc.

You should have either chosen a smaller lighter bike say the CBR250 or taken a training course in BKK BEFORE riding. The Cbr250 would in my opinion have been/is the perfect bike for you (and i think people said that when you asked)easily fixed and serviced at a Honda main dealer near you.

and finally if your bike cannot brake to a stop from 50-60kmh over 70 metres then either you have MAJOR brake problems or a MAJOR bike learning curve.

This advice may sound harsh but it's for your own good.. don't keep blaming everyone else. It's your life.. survive.

ps. there is a very good book/video called twist of the wrist 2.. read it.

if you need a copy pm me with your email address.ok

Edited by thaicbr

indeed.

I look forward to his posts, his purchase of this bike has been an endless source of amusement, from the rattles and squeaks to dumping it and now his repair greif.

no need for any amusement. we are not going out of our mothers womb riding a bike man!

leave the guy alone, c'mon!

why he needs to be ashamed bc he is new on bikes? All of us were new on bikes before, do not you remember your first kilometers on your first bike? or your first crashes?

all of us crash at one or multiple points.

and brakes on cbr500r is not perfect, only one disc at front for a 194 kg bike is not good.

i drove my bike aggressively in city and changed the front brake pads once at 5000 something km - first time in my life changed a brake pad at 5000 km - and i have to change it again a thousand km later at 10.000 km as i can fell the pads getting worn out, rear brake pads are also gone, need to change them as well.

On top of that, they tend to get hot quickly and start to fade after an hour of aggressive ride in city but never in a dangerous way still you have to focus on teh braking more and brake before which damages your concentration. So i ride bikes for a long time so i can go with a fading brake but for someone new on the bike, it might be dangerous.

superior, to improve your brakes, there are some ways:

1- buying a performance brake pad set.

2- changing your stock brake lines with steel braided lines.

3- a good brake lever that gives better leverage and feel.

4- this is the most dramatic one, you can remove the ABS system forever and can go for a double disc setup at front but that costs a fortune and i am not sure how it effects the handling of the bike but sure it is doable.

superior, just go for this training course man, even though i ride for 25 years, they invited me to the training course in Bangkok and i went there just for fun but surprisingly it helped me as it is good to learn the limits of the bike somewhere large ground with good asphalt and has no traffic.

• Like 1

indeed.

no need for any amusement. we are not going out of our mothers womb riding a bike man!

leave the guy alone, c'mon!

why he needs to be ashamed bc he is new on bikes? All of us were new on bikes before, do not you remember your first kilometers on your first bike? or your first crashes?

all of us crash at one or multiple points.

and brakes on cbr500r is not perfect, only one disc at front for a 194 kg bike is not good.

i drove my bike aggressively in city and changed the front brake pads once at 5000 something km - first time in my life changed a brake pad at 5000 km - and i have to change it again a thousand km later at 10.000 km as i can fell the pads getting worn out, rear brake pads are also gone, need to change them as well.

On top of that, they tend to get hot quickly and start to fade after an hour of aggressive ride in city but never in a dangerous way still you have to focus on teh braking more and brake before which damages your concentration. So i ride bikes for a long time so i can go with a fading brake but for someone new on the bike, it might be dangerous.

superior, to improve your brakes, there are some ways:

1- buying a performance brake pad set.

2- changing your stock brake lines with steel braided lines.

3- a good brake lever that gives better leverage and feel.

4- this is the most dramatic one, you can remove the ABS system forever and can go for a double disc setup at front but that costs a fortune and i am not sure how it effects the handling of the bike but sure it is doable.

superior, just go for this training course man, even though i ride for 25 years, they invited me to the training course in Bangkok and i went there just for fun but surprisingly it helped me as it is good to learn the limits of the bike somewhere large ground with good asphalt and has no traffic.

Thanks for the info man, I will definitely look into it. Now that I got a second job I should start having more money to invest in a bike. They had training course 2 times already since I bought bike yet everytime I call they said no nothing is coming up yet leave your number and we will call you, yet they never do.

guys, i am not saying brakes are insufficient. I just state the fact that they tend to fade and pads worn out faster. But this is my aggressive riding style with full stop and go Bangkok traffic - 0 kmh to 100 kmh and 100 kmh to 0 kmh within seconds all the time. They function well for a single disc setup.

In ideal conditions, i do not think so brakes are a big problem.

Edited by loserlazer

I agree with a couple of 500 owners about the brakes being excellent. Never had a problem with the bike not stopping quick enough (except today when a couple of Thailand's finest boys in brown wanted to stop me to presumably have a chat about the bike - then the brakes failed completely!!)

Similar experience with me except it wasn't the brakes but rather the throttle got stuck wide open :)... Seemed the further away from them I got though and the bike just naturally slowed down, brakes worked fine.

guys, i am not saying brakes are insufficient. I just state the fact that they tend to fade and pads worn out faster. But this is my aggressive riding style with full stop and go Bangkok traffic - 0 kmh to 100 kmh and 100 kmh to 0 kmh within seconds all the time. They function well for a single disc setup.

In ideal conditions, i do not think so brakes are a big problem.

Have to agree with your statement here, I don't think the brakes are bad, never had any issues stopping even when an emergency. Seems you drive a lot more aggressive than most so the average person wouldn't have any issues. Bangkok is definitely a difficult place to drive with all the stop and go, you really have to be on high alert especially during peak traffic.

The one thing that surprises me here rather consistently is that people compare the Honda 500's to the Kawa 650's as if they are comparable. Don't get me wrong, they are both very good bikes but in reality they are not the same Given the 100,000 baht price different I would expect the Kawa to be better not just a bigger engine but yes brakes, even a higher build quality. I personally think there is 100k baht difference in the bike, bigger engine, dual disk brakes, etc. but myself personally since I have owned both, well still do own the CBR500r, I don't really feel the 100k baht difference is just that much better.

I actually ordered another Ninja 650 but Kawa took so long, I waited almost 2 months for it and the never delivered, that when the Honda CBR500r came out I test road and bought it the same day. I honestly thought for the money, I saved over 100,000 baht, it is an excellent value and the excitement etc. is still readily available. I also like that it's easier to handle, feels much lighter, also the vibrations are less. Anyway I digress, don't want to turn this into a contest. I just really like the Honda, it's a nice machine.

It seems that some people try and class the Kawa 650 in the Super Sport bike range which it's not, it's a value bike like the Honda and it cost more.

Just me, others I'm sure might disagree.

Edited by commande
  • Like 2