Building Permit - Lost

I do not know what the procedure would be to obtain a "permit to build" after the structure was built. I do know the NAME of the person who is listed as the permit holder is on the very first line of a Thai "permit to Build". Five lines from the top is the chanote number of the parcel you apply to build upon. What I could not see on my permit to build, is a unique "permit number", such as a unique passport number, or unique business license number. The Government office that issues permits to build might be able to access the permit on file if you bring a copy of your land paper and MAYBE can can cross reference. If you know the date the permit to build was issued they might be able to access your existing permit by date. The date issued is the bottom line of the front page just above the signature of the Government official.

Thanks Lenny, It is as I thought but wasn't 100%.

Can I ask this, if a house was built and the builder lied and didn't get building permission, can it be applied for retrospectively?

no issues, I was just curious.

Getting a building permit retroactively will require rather hefty "donations"!

If there isn't a building permit, then there is no house book either, so no address, no permanent electricity nor water.

Shouldn't happen...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

We had water and elect connected with no address book nor building permit.

Depends where you are, but we got a building permit after the fact very easily, ridiculously easy actually.

Also a house in BKK we built had permanent elec and water before any address book was issued.