Toyota Hilux 4x4 4 Door

surfline

How much is a fair price for a Toyota Hilux 4x4, 3000cc, Airbags, 4 door, plated March 2001, 60,000 klm. Its in average condition & needs some repairs to minor body damage & mechanical stuff,(cv boot, damaged sumpguard) probarbly 20,000 bht will cover this work.

Many thanks.......

What I do in such cases is go to a book store and leaf through all the used-car magazines with the small thumbnail pics. (I don't actually buy the magazine. :o ) Just check the prices for similar vehicles, which should give you a good indication.

'minor body damage'.. would you say that damage resulted from off-roading or just some dents & scratches from city driving? I think I'd mind the former more than the latter. Body damage is typically VERY cheap to fix. Nowhere near 20K, probably nowhere near 10K either. (Provided it's plain bodywork and not any kind of plastic bits which would have to be ordered from the manufacturer)

But erm... 450K or so? Perhaps a bit more, up to 500?. (Just very UNeducated guess)

Another argument to use when discussing price is that this is still the older engine, not the brilliant D4D one.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Ah, just checked around a little and I think I was pretty close with my guess:

http://www.chiangmaicar.com/content/dumpview.php?id=310027

Of course you could spend a bit more and get a vehicle with that lovely D4D engine:

http://www.chiangmaicar.com/content/dumpview.php?id=309268

Then again, is a car that's 2 years newer worth an extra 100K... Normally I'd say 'no way' if the car was technically the same.. Still... that engine truly is an improvement, also in fuel economy.

Here's another example of a relatively recent car, but this one not 4 door I think:

http://www.chiangmaicar.com/content/dumpview.php?id=309551

> Just look at the way pickups are overloaded. Then ask yourself if a

> secondhand truck is what you want.

That applies to most no-cab trucks and some cab-trucks. Once you get to 4WD models, and ESPECIALLY when 4 door, like the original poster mentioned, then it's is seriously unlikely it was used to haul cabages or water or gas bottles. :D In that league, it's the serious off-roading you have to watch out for. :o

Might as well say "well just look at all the lowered Civics with tuned up injection systems and huge exhausts and ask yourself if you really want to own a used compact passenger car". Would make just about as much sense.

I'd be wary about buying anything that was driven off road. A few dents from city driving isn't so bad, but when you factor in how bad the roads are then you have to conclude that off roading can only be worse. The suspension could be in bad shape, there may be damage to the oil pan, gearbox, etc. The best thing to do before even test driving it is to put the truck up on a lift and THOROUGHLY go over every centimeter of the undercarriage with a flashlight. Check for loose parts, leaks and anything else that might be damaged. This inspection could save you big money down the road.

We were talking to Toyo on last visit and these are a couple of examples (from the web) of the New prices of their wee motors.

I know the one that I would like but our place in C.M. is about 500 meters up the side of a mountain and to be realistic we need a workhorse (V-Xtra cab)rather than a pulling/poser wagon (fav-Fortu)

Bangers (Samut Prakan) prices and K.W assures me that you can easily get at least 10% more off them.

Hilux Vigo Standard Cab 2.5 เจ อีโค สแตนดาร์ดแค็บ ..........394,000 บาท

Hilux Vigo X-Tra Cab 2WD 2.5 เจ เอ็กซ์ตร้าแค็บ ...............474,000 บาท

Hilux Vigo X-Tra Cab 4WD 2.5 อี เอ็กซ์ตร้าแค็บ สีเมทัลลิก ....646,000 บาท

Fortuner 3.0 G ..........................................................1,029,000 บาท

http://www.toyota.co.th/red/th/price.asp?carid=17