British Expat Killers Paid By Thai Wife

webfact

Why is that we have to read this type of news from an overseas newspaper but nothing is broadcast here in Thailand?

Stories like this are always swept under the carpet by Thai media who want to protect tourism. Let's face it life is very cheap in Thailand.

I understand the guy who killed Steve did it for 5,000 baht.

Well, tourists don't read Thai newspapers but in fact read overseas papers like The Sun.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it could happen but thank god it does not.

Wow that's good to hear - for a minute there I thought this had really happened.

Please do not part quote like this as this gives misleading impressions as to what I have posted and could take it out of context

marshbags

Right below is a report button which works wonders.

Despite the advice I gave above I have been broke also and my Thai wife stood by me. Over a decade together we have been through both the good and the bad. She has always stood by me.

I am sure some other members of TV are the same. Remember there is good and bad in all countries.I consider myself one of the lucky ones.

I agree there are exceptions to all things. You are truly one of the lucky few.

Why is that we have to read this type of news from an overseas newspaper but nothing is broadcast here in Thailand?

Stories like this are always swept under the carpet by Thai media who want to protect tourism. Let's face it life is very cheap in Thailand.

I understand the guy who killed Steve did it for 5,000 baht.

Well, tourists don't read Thai newspapers but in fact read overseas papers like The Sun.

Since when has The Sun ever qualified as a newspaper?!

Only for those that buy it for Page 3.

When recent cases come to light it makes one think. The old man whose friends were told by POLICE that he might not be alive much longer, and was indeed killed by his wife and lover. The accused lady who was impregnated by her lawyer to get bail after murdering her husband, Strange things indeed

Despite the advice I gave above I have been broke also and my Thai wife stood by me. Over a decade together we have been through both the good and the bad. She has always stood by me.

I am sure some other members of TV are the same. Remember there is good and bad in all countries.I consider myself one of the lucky ones.

Pimay, you sound like an old cynic who married a young wife!

Well if all is true, they all should be charged with conspiracy to murder, murder, fraud and I presume a multitude of other charges. They will not get any cash from the Insurance claim as it will be proved it was murder. They all involved should be executed for their part in this mans murder.

I don't wish to be pedantic,but if you read the original Posting,the last line said £ 12,000 GBP!

12k (sterling) 'withdrawn', but you can bet your bottom dollar the bitch wouldn't have shelled out that much for the hit unless she is as stupid as she is callous. 5-10k for the monkeys with guns here.

Pimay, you sound like an old cynic who married a young wife!

Your first day here?

Thai women are known for this around the world. Same as the philippines.

I read a lot of incidents of bad Thai women duping and harming Japanese men (published in Japanese magazines) in which

we rarely hear of here. Concerning the Filipina girls, they are not as bad as the Thai women, just that the filipinas bring their entire

village and family when you marry them.

I guess you haven't been to a Thai wedding yet

Poor man my condolences to his family but alas this probably happens more than is publicized, I really do hope that the British Gov get involved and put pressure on the Thai authorities to bring the case to its rightful conclusion.

But I fear that if she has access to money she will walk, I had a close personal friend who was murdered by his wife's lover and her brother she managed to get her hands on his cash and is still free also there was the case of Donald Whitting (I think that is the correct spelling) in Hua Hin that is a horrific story, shot 6 times paralyzed from the neck down the woman who paid for him to be killed was caught attempting to cross into Laos or Cambodia she had 300,000 THB on her she gave up the shooters etc they in turn grassed on her and guess what the out come was? She spent a month or two in a temple to cleanse herself and has walked about free ever since.

The LoS definitely has it's dark side, and you really have to remember that 'Money is #1!

Dont forget she shagged her lawyer to and got pregnant...............a nice touch a real class act like the husband drug guy Darren wotshisname, still no sign of him?

Yes I have to say that I think stories like this happen all over the world, so characterising Thailand and farang with Thai wives in this way, really does our country a disservice.

This is an insurance scam/murder and they happen elsewhere - and its not just the young wife with the older husband either - so I think some of the sweeping generalisations are inappropriate too.

It is certainly sad that a life can be taken for such a small amount - the standard "value" on the streets seems always to come out at between 5,000 and 10,000 baht, and it seems that its been like that for as long as I have been here.

I hope these scum are locked up and the police throw the key away.

RIP.

• Like 2

I hope that ALL members read this story. It is real, so please use your loaf at all times.

RIP fellow Brit, you did your stuff expecting honesty from those you helped with a better life, but for some it is not enough, sadly.

I hope the deceased will meet up with these scrotes where ever he is and make his own retribution.

• Like 2

Always a risk taking on a babe 30 years younger. But, hey, if you survive it can be worth the ride.

Of course it's always a good idea to try and find a woman who loves you and not just your money and the chances of doing so are generally inversely proportionate to the age difference.

And here endeth the first lesson.

I have a good mate, aged 43. His ex-girlfriend's 28. Recently she had admitted her cheating on him. He immediately dumped her (I fully sympathise with him, as he was totally faithful to her).

We can never know for sure but the important thing is that HE thinks age was a big factor in her cheating (the guy she had sex with is around her age).

Of course, this experience is not directly comparable to what happened to this guy from England but I just wanted to tell you an experience involving age difference. My friend now vows never to find a girlfriend who is much younger than him.

• Like 1

Happy to see that this case was solved and not blamed on some kind of magical bull$hit asteroid from the sky. Glad to see the Thai police or whomever solved this crime and found the responsible parties. I hope they make an example out of these people. I don't know how they met or what their situation was. This could and does happen all around the world. Buttafucco, etc. This isn't just a Thai problem. Find out all you can and trust your instincts when you get in deep with someone.

It's too bad when we're growing up we aren't given a real life class (even in school) about how to have a healthy relationship. I think it would help people in FIRST PICKING the right type of person to be with. My family was dysfunctional so that's what I thought was normal until I got some help. Now I met the most amazing lady of my life. I picked her for all the right reasons. We have a very healthy relationship and her and her family are some of the best people I have ever met.

I hope the bitch gets whats coming her way. The poor guy RIP so sad!!

Money rules everyone in Thailand and, from the rich to the poor. This a warning for all expats to be extra careful and always protect yourself first

This is the culture shock many people still don't understand. (I like to secretly deny it in my head too) The reality of Thai culture is that people do kill other people, injure others with cars, beat up each other etc. When all is said and done, the person who was more wrong (police usually being judge and jury) usually ends up paying.

My friends brother (Thais) got into a fight at a bar. Nothing came about it until the next night when her brother snuck into her the other mans home and stabbed him to death. It happened three years earlier and he wasn't in jail. I said. Why isn't he in jail? She said. Mom had to pay a lot of money. 300,000 baht. He may have spent a few weeks in jail while mom was getting the funds together for the other family. But that was that. It's their culture here. We can not change it. I know many expats who have been here longer than me and still deny this is reality.

• Like 1

I am not confident she will do time for the murder if she was able to keep his cash out of the hands of the local BIB. If they have most of it now it will not help so much trying to buy her way out.

However if she tried to defraud the thai insurance company for the life insurance she may do a few years that.

It's too bad when we're growing up we aren't given a real life class (even in school) about how to have a healthy relationship. I think it would help people in FIRST PICKING the right type of person to be with. My family was dysfunctional so that's what I thought was normal until I got some help. Now I met the most amazing lady of my life. I picked her for all the right reasons. We have a very healthy relationship and her and her family are some of the best people I have ever met.

I blame my mother! She was the first woman to lie to me.

She taught me to find a woman to love and be faithful, and in return that woman would love and be faithful to me.

What she should have taught me was to protect my assets from women I lived with as one day they would try to take everything I had.

It's not the schools that are to blame, it's our mothers, they lie to us about life.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

Dishonesty is central to saving face. Welcome to the Land of Smiles. Have you seen how Pakistan shut down cell phone service over the amateur-Muhammad video? They're a tad more democratic here...a tad.