Really, Why Did You Come To Live In Thailand ?

thenervoussurgeon

Tommo, go back and search my posts dating months ago.

5) I don't drink or visit go go bars (had this discussion with you several times)

Please feel free to check previous posts to verify all of this information.

Clearly it is beyond your comprehension that a person can spend time in Thailand without spending their days hunkered over a bar stool in a go-go bar?

(*If your scratching your head at this post, TommoPhycisist is angry because some other TV members don't hang out with hookers. Useless spillover from another thread) wai.gif

And if you had read my previous posts, you would know I don't drink alcohol or hang around in bars either. Can't deny the hooker bit though, my sister-in-law (hooker) often comes to stay, I wish she didn't, but not my call.

This the same sister your wife wants you to marry?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murder rate would have put me off.Murder rate would have put me off.

After the two years, sorted myself out and moved up-country with my wife (not BG)

Why did you mention that your wife's not a bar girl?

My wife is not a BG either.

Just thought i'd throw that out there.

After the two years, sorted myself out and moved up-country with my wife (not BG)

Nor's mine.

Nor's mine.

Anybody's wife is B&G? (beautiful and gorgeous). Other than omnilangur's, that is

Nor's mine.

I don't have one so technically me neither.

Everytime I left Thailand I suffered from the Airport Blues,sitting at Suvarnabhumi in a deep depression,trying hard not to think about how I'd be back in the West in 12 hours or so.

At least I was going back to the Mediterranean,my friends were going back to the UK,I was lucky!w00t.gif

Anyway,I fixed the problem,I stayed!laugh.png

I figured I'd be let go at the job cos I'd just lost interest in the whole corporate bullshit machine and the drudgery of the Central Line crush from Holland Park to Bank stations every morning. I jumped before being pushed, sold the flat, invested the profits and left.

Having never been to Thailand before, I had no intention of staying but the cost of living in Bangkok - even a Western lifestyle - was (and remains) considerably cheaper than my corner of West London and the local food was cheap and plentiful, I decided to hang on for a bit.

The women - well, the majority of those available to foreigners - were not part of the decision to stay.

I've had no shortage of female attention or company in any country.

Interesting. But why Bangkok and not, say, Mexico City?

I put that in as an after thought (actually edited to include), I think as a note to self that it could have been very different at some stages of my earlier experiences.

It certainly wasn't put in as an insult to BG's; I have absolutely nothing against them. If that has caused offence to anyone, my apols.

In fact, I think I know/knew more BG's that I could take at face value than the majority of idiots I have met over the last couple of days!

came here about 6 months after univ graduation, just turned 23, friend informed me that the company we were teaching for at the time had positions open in BKK, so in the pursuit of adventure and the unknown, i went for it!

• Like 1

came here about 6 months after univ graduation, just turned 23, friend informed me that the company we were teaching for at the time had positions open in BKK, so in the pursuit of adventure and the unknown, i went for it!

but what about your golden years - your retirement? Is your position providing for pension? Are you socking it away yourself? Or are you just figuring on working until you drop age 80 or whatever?

but what about your golden years - your retirement? Is your position providing for pension? Are you socking it away yourself? Or are you just figuring on working until you drop age 80 or whatever?

"Socking it away" at the moment, only upper-level positions offer pension packages, so hoping to work my way up. Working until 80? No, I hope not.

Been in the UK with my Thai Girlfriend for a year, decided that needed a break from work so took an unpaid year out from my job, with an option to return. Now in my 8th year, settled , good job, good friends and a lot to look forward to.

In fact, I think I know/knew more BG's that I could take at face value than the majority of idiots I have met over the last couple of days!

Do you mean met on this forum, LOL? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

you can take them at face value, ha ha, ok.

I got nothing to say, it does explain alot about why bg are so successful in ripping off farang.

despite the horror stories, we still have people who trust them.

Edited by payak

Do you mean met on this forum, LOL? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I got nothing to say, it does explain alot about why bg are so successful in ripping off farang.

Some of us form our opinions of people from our dealings with them, while some people form prejudices based on horror stories

SC

• Like 1

Some of us form our opinions of people from our dealings with them, while some people form prejudices based on horror stories

SC

Exactly, we must assume that most posters here are grown up men (some women to) and have made their own mistakes during their lives and learnt from it, okay some never learn.

I never been shafted by anybody here, well not big time anyway.