Really, Why Did You Come To Live In Thailand ?

thenervoussurgeon

no problem, you guys continue to trust bar girls then, ok.

And I will continue to stay away from them, with my money in my pocket, happy in the knowledge that i am not having sex with someone who may well be a slave.

Better yet, i will find someone who wants sex with me, not money.

I laugh sometimes at guys who finish with a bar girl, come back and say she loved it, I gave it to her hard and she loved it, she wants me to come back, lol.

nothing I say is based on horror stories, when your job is to hustle, don't anyone tell me BS that they will not hustle you, living in a dam_n fantasy world guys come on.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

payak,

you say you will find someone who wants to have sex with you not money, (as you said above),

i might be wrong but i thought you said on another thred that you were married?

not that it matters to me if you want to go and have sex with who you like,

payak,

you say you will find someone who wants to have sex with you not money, (as you said above),

i might be wrong but i thought you said on another thred that you were married?

not that it matters to me if you want to go and have sex with who you like,

I am married, so I should rephrase that, I just can't imagine having sex with someone who is watching the clock and probably cant wait for you to finish.

I pity girls like this, whatever led them there who knows, better to give them the money walk away and have a wank, why make them suffer.

I have a wife and 2 children jake,

• Like 1

Meditation and Medication mainly.

I was an alcoholic, drug addict wanting to find a way out of the nightmare.Took me years to find it:( but been on an amazing clean and sober journey now for 12 years. Thailand is the best place in the world for partying and abuse but also the best place to recover.

It was India for 6 months but I suppose the cheap pretty prostitutes and wild beautiful beaches on Koh Pa Ngan made me favour Thailand.

Today is our 11th wedding anniversary and surprisingly to myself have been 100% faithful.

Swinging away here watching my kids play in the garden, I feel truly grateful and blessed.

Sent from my hammock and new smartphone using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 2

came here about 6 months after univ graduation, just turned 23, friend informed me that the company we were teaching for at the time had positions open in BKK, so in the pursuit of adventure and the unknown, i went for it!

but what about your golden years - your retirement? Is your position providing for pension? Are you socking it away yourself? Or are you just figuring on working until you drop age 80 or whatever?

I used to worry about finances and future but now live one day at a time. kind of like many Thais and their 'wan dto wan '. I left a highly paid job as a petroleum engineer and came here in my 20s and never looked back.

Here's a good story.

An American businessman was standing at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellowfin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish.

"How long it took you to catch them?" The American asked.

"Only a little while." The Mexican replied.

"Why don't you stay out longer and catch more fish?" The American then asked.

"I have enough to support my family's immediate needs." The Mexican said.

"But," The American then asked, "What do you do with the rest of your time?"

The Mexican fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take a siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos, I have a full and busy life, senor."

The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds you buy a bigger boat, and with the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats."

"Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the consumers, eventually opening your own can factory. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually NYC where you will run your expanding enterprise."

The Mexican fisherman asked, "But senor, how long will this all take?"

To which the American replied, "15-20 years."

"But what then, senor?"

The American laughed and said, "That's the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO (Initial Public Offering) and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions."

"Millions, senor? Then what?"

The American said slowly, "Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take a siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos..."

Version 3:

The Mexican Fisherman

A boat docked in a tiny Mexican village. An American tourist complimented the Mexican fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took him to catch them.

"Not very long," answered the Mexican.

"But then, why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?" asked the American.

The Mexican explained that his small catch was sufficient to meet his needs and those of his family.

The American asked, "But what do you do with the rest of your time?"

"I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, and take a siesta with my wife. In the evenings, I go into the village to see my friends, have a few drinks, play the guitar, and sing a few songs...I have a full life."

The American interrupted, "I have an MBA from Harvard and I can help you!

"You should start by fishing longer every day. You can then sell the extra fish you catch. With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat. With the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet of trawlers.

"Instead of selling your fish to a middleman, you can negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant. You can then leave this little village and move to Mexico City, Los Angeles, or even New York City! From there you can direct your huge enterprise."

"How long would that take?" asked the Mexican.

"Twenty, perhaps twenty-five years," replied the American.

"And after that?"

"Afterwards? That's when it gets really interesting," answered the American, laughing. "When your business gets really big, you can start selling stocks and make millions!"

"Millions? Really? And after that?"

"After that you'll be able to retire, live in a tiny village near the coast, sleep late, play with your children, catch a few fish, take a siesta, and spend your evenings drinking and enjoying your friends!"

Sent from my. hammock using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2

I left the UK when I was 21 and have never lived there since. Hardly even been there for that matter.

I always suspected that I would retire to somewhere in SE Asia, and so I find myself here.

Why? Because it is fairly easy to be retired in and fairly cheap, there are good tax breaks, most things work reasonably well and I like spicy food. Apart from that I have no particular tie to Thailand.

When I hear of somewhere in SE Asia (or maybe Central/South America) that is cheaper, easier, better and tastier I shall probably be off.

• Like 1

i allways wanted to travel the world but didnt get a chance to, my x wife and me divorced so i took off to thailand, done a bit of running about and ended up with my new wife. ( didnt get as far as venazuela ) i did go also for the sex and booze and partying to be honest.

Edited by scorpio

I like Thailand, my Thai wife and to be as far as possible from Obama.

So does that mean you are threatening to go back to the USA if Romney wins? coffee1.gif

I think if he's using threats to influence American voters, he's chosen the wrong forum

SC