What Is The Best Finance And Investment Discussion Forum In Your Opinion?

More and more financial Diskussion Forums are comming up these Days

Aside from "social" Investmentsboards like Stocktwits, many new Finance and Investment Forums have emerged,

with some quite interesting Content

Just 1 Example:

http://www.traderplanet.com

has given a free PDF recently

http://www.traderpla...nnessy-2009.pdf

1 of their Partners

www.commoditytradingschool.com

will send you free Trade Recommendations and nearly Daily updates on Commodity Futures

another one - very much technical, but with very interesting Content too is

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/

another one, Elliot Wave Fans, very well in my Opinion - hence only for the FX Markets

http://forexforums.d...discussion.html

In my humble Opinion, one of the best Forums about Finance and Investments is - hence very heavyly related to the US Markets

http://socialize.mor...ms/default.aspx

I am really interested to know, in what Finance and Investment Forums you Guys are looking in and what are their best Ventures - lets exchange

Cheers

Edited by TenCent

With respect, this is a bit like asking "I'm coming to live in Thailand, where is a nice place to live?", ie. there are plenty of variables

In this case you can differentiate on the basis of factors like:

free versus subscription forums?

country focus or international?

type of trading/investment focus?

level of investor knowledge/experience?

etc

I don't think there is one best forum for all investors, though I would be interested to hear about and explore any such sites that others might care to put forward

good morning gentlemen

thanks for your contribution to my thread

@ fineegg

NO, I am just beginning to learn and try to undrstand the mechanics of the markets

@ pattayaphom

well - at least we have found YOU here inside this community

www.elliotwave.com

has a free week of their currency service - join for free and learn with me

For me the most interesting discussion forum is watching CNBC TV.

i could watch 12 hrs of Santelli vs Liesman straight

Just finished watching Marc Faber (of the Boom, Doom and Gloom Report) on CNBC. Highly entertaining. Apparently one of his Rottweilers is named Mia Noi.

• Like 1

i wouldn't admit to that .... but that says so much ( that we knew already of course ) about you ...giggle.gif

Edited by midas
  • Like 1

I think I might be rather exhausted after that.

Both Straight Money and Money in Motion are worth watching for how some traders are playing.

Both Straight Money and Money in Motion are worth watching for how some traders are playing.

Money in Motion is good, i agree. I used to watch Bloomberg more, but the past couple of years they seem to be desperately trying to convey a sense of fast-paced professionalism. They constantly have 5-6 computer screens with random charts in the background of their camera shots and feature reporters acting like wannabe-analysts spinning around on chairs to answer questions after looking at monitors as if they are actually doing on the spot analysis, but then reading from the teleprompter...

One thing going for them is Charlie Rose.

Edited by kblaze

Money in Motion is good, i agree. I used to watch Bloomberg more, but the past couple of years they seem to be desperately trying to convey a sense of fast-paced professionalism. They constantly have 5-6 computer screens with random charts in the background of their camera shots and feature reporters acting like wannabe-analysts spinning around on chairs to answer questions after looking at monitors as if they are actually doing on the spot analysis, but then reading from the teleprompter...

One thing going for them is Charlie Rose.

Same, same. I also used to watch Bloomberg more. Charlie Rose can be irritating sometimes. I still love Susan Li for the Asian markets and also Betty Liu, but Betty is outgunned by the CNBC teams now.

Personally I find it very difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff on a lot of these trading forums.

Lots of people trying to make money selling you stuff to help you trade better.

These financial TV shows Bloomberg etc. are trying to fill up air time, and are bombarding you with fast paced, up to the minute rubbish.

Honestly if these people really had the secrets, they would be using them to make money, not giving their secrets away to strangers on a forum, or on TV.

I am an investor not a trader.

Every investment I make I am prepared to keep for my lifetime, each investment must provide an income or dividend.

I am comfortable growing my wealth slowly & steadily.

One Financial blog I respect is Naddem Walayat, UK biased but with a very interesting viewpoint & has a proven track record of predicting major financial events before they happen.

Not just reporting them after they have occured.

Personally I find it very difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff on a lot of these trading forums.

Lots of people trying to make money selling you stuff to help you trade better.

These financial TV shows Bloomberg etc. are trying to fill up air time, and are bombarding you with fast paced, up to the minute rubbish.

Honestly if these people really had the secrets, they would be using them to make money, not giving their secrets away to strangers on a forum, or on TV.

I am an investor not a trader.

Every investment I make I am prepared to keep for my lifetime, each investment must provide an income or dividend.

I am comfortable growing my wealth slowly & steadily.

One Financial blog I respect is Naddem Walayat, UK biased but with a very interesting viewpoint & has a proven track record of predicting major financial events before they happen.

Not just reporting them after they have occured.

Not so, and the if the purpose of watching is to look for secrets and hot tips then that is a mistake.

Listening to CEOs, investors, economists, traders, analysts is informative and it is up to the viewer to digest and consider what they want to do with the information.

Bloomberg/CNBC also provide coverage of breaking news internationally including CB press conferences and Senate/Congress hearings.

What one is able to do over a period of time is try to build up a picture and context for one's trading/investment decisions.

No magic bullets, but certainly some very interesting discussions and arguments.

i have found the monkey throwing darts at the board to be as accurate as any financial adviser or TV program

if you look at morningstar Thailand it will show you the last 10 years of listed companies here

the Bualuang top ten has an attractive 10 year history and with Thailand big spending spree going on it looks set to go higher regardless of the USA and EU meltdown

As most at doing the QE tango then the piper will call one day and gold react positively