Thai Hotel Brews Up Coffee From Elephant Dung

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One New York coffee shop sells the civet coffee for $748 a kilogram.

Sounds like the improved Thai version (pirated copy) of <deleted> coffee selling at $1,100 a kilo is a higher standard.

I see an opening for the "HUB" of shit.

Edited by softgeorge

The Thais suprised me.. Mixing in coffee beans with the Elephant feed and letting it pass thru the Elephants digestive system as Dung Pies, and then using highly skilled labor to pick those semi processed beans out those Elephant Dung pies to brew coffee is some really Creative

Shit.

They may even think about trying other types of animals shit too...but lets hope they don't carry it too far; if you know what I mean...so make sure when you

begin to Poop in those new sit down toilets that everything goes down the pipe, even if you have to wait until the tank refills itself to flush it again.coffee1.gif Lets just hope they don't experiment on themselves...you know Thais, anything for a baht.giggle.gif

There are a lot of Soi dogs just laying around doing nothing, maybe they could put them to work. a few left over scraps mixed with a liko of cheap coffee beans and woolah.

Edited by softgeorge
  • Like 1

The Thais suprised me.. Mixing in coffee beans with the Elephant feed and letting it pass thru the Elephants digestive system as Dung Pies, and then using highly skilled labor to pick those semi processed beans out those Elephant Dung pies to brew coffee is some really Creative

Shit.

They may even think about trying other types of animals shit too...but lets hope they don't carry it too far; if you know what I mean...so make sure when you

begin to Poop in those new sit down toilets that everything goes down the pipe, even if you have to wait until the tank refills itself to flush it again.coffee1.gif Lets just hope they don't experiment on themselves...you know Thais, anything for a baht.giggle.gif

There are a lot of Soi dogs just laying around doing nothing, maybe they could put them to work. a few left over scraps mixed with a liko of cheap coffee beans and woolah.

Yeah and they could call it BOW WOW (Dog) Coffee, or BOW (abr BOWEL) and WOW I'm rich.

Guys! I just swallowed about 250g of coffee beans (Blue Mountain) and expect them to meet sunlight again on Sunday morning, 28th of October 2012 around 07:00 when I do my usual early morning dump... Auction starts at 5 USD per gram... Any bidders? biggrin.png

What's your nationality? I don't like American blendthumbsup.gif

Yes I know someone that had this shit in Bali

I have tired to get some in Samui but the menu says they have it and guess what they have always just ran out of stock

What a load of shit

What does one have I do to get some quality shit round here ?

I guess the Anantara Hotels management feels their guests will swallow any shit given to them and like it, if the story is good enough and you charge enough for it. sick.gif

One is born every minute and guess a lot come to Thailand.

Think I will stick with "Duang Dee Hill tribe coffee" hand pick by only the most beautiful hill tribe virgins and then hand roasted in small batches, in the bamboo hut over an open fire in the remote mountain peaks where the air is purist.

Maybe they have a Thai elephant that will work cheaper...cheesy.gif

I like my coffee, but I will have to take their word for it that it tastes good. Wonder how much the poor bastards get paid that have to sift it out, Looks like a fair margin there for someone. Only the elephant and the mahout seem to do all the work.

sh¡t

This reminds me of the "steak" fillets that the Japs made up from human waste,... no kidding.

Could have a synthetic Jap steak and a synthetic Thai coffee for lunch and see how the go together.

But... I reckon they'd both taste like shit,... just the mere thought of what I was eating and drinking would be enough to make me spew I think!

"The coffee is ground by hand and brewed table side in a four-minute process. The fragrance is said to be floral and chocolate and the taste "milk chocolate, nutty, earthy with hints of spice and red berries." unsure.png

abcnews

I suppose to each his own. I myself would rather pass on the nutty flavor, in favor of something that did not pass through an elephant's rectum. Of course, some people will do anything for a thrill. But, some would argue that they may not have much of a life, if they are paying $1,000 per kilo for elephant pooh coffee.

Anantara has an elephant camp in the Golden Triangle and they are very forward-thinking when it comes to "going green". They are very into organics and natural processes. I'm sure the whole process is legit, I'm just not sure I'd want to be the guy who gets to say I tried it. Besides, I like bitter black coffee and a high-protein diet, so there's no need for me to switch. This reminds me of some squirrel digested coffee an Australian friend of mine tried to get me to try once. Just seems so odd. I'm guessing it happened by accident trying to grow their own coffee and having elephants from their camp eat it and someone going, hey, let's collect enough to make a batch and try it and then someone in administration going, "Great idea!" You always have to wonder who first had the idea of, "let's try it" with stuff like this.

I have an idea...first there's civet shit coffee, now there's elephant shit coffee....

let's try to market tiger shit coffee and sell it exclusively to the Chinese. My

theory is that since it will be so valuable the Chinese would curtail their demands

for tiger products. I mean if somebody can get people to buy a rock packaged

nicely (Pet Rock) it would be pretty easy to get 1 billion Chinese to drink

Tiger Coffee. Theoretically we could even make Tiger Tea. I mean if you have

ever been to Hong Kong and smelled the fermented bean curd stall (Char Tau <deleted>)

you'll know the Chinese will eat some very odd "shit".

Anybody interested in a partnership?

Edited by sunshine51

I'm guessing it happened by accident trying to grow their own coffee and having elephants from their camp eat it and someone going, hey, let's collect enough to make a batch and try it and then someone in administration going, "Great idea!" You always have to wonder who first had the idea of, "let's try it" with stuff like this.

Thailand's first recycling effort. biggrin.png

I have an idea...first there's civet shit coffee, now there's elephant shit coffee....

let's try to market tiger shit coffee and sell it exclusively to the Chinese. My

theory is that since it will be so valuable the Chinese would curtail their demands

ever been to Hong Kong and smelled the fermented bean curd stall (Char Tau <deleted>)

OK, if you feed the Tiger the Coffee beans, I can have some local redshirt to sort them out later from the Tiger shit next morning.

OK, if you feed the Tiger the Coffee beans, I can have some local redshirt to sort them out later from the Tiger shit next morning.

By all means. I plan on feeding the tigers a double dose of beans so we can get

into production asap.

into production asap.

After 25 years in the Thai jungle I have still not seen any Tigers, so we maybe have to include the Thai guy in Bangkok who had 6 Tigers on the roof top in the deal.

into production asap.

After 25 years in the Thai jungle I have still not seen any Tigers, so we maybe have to include the Thai guy in Bangkok who had 6 Tigers on the roof top in the deal.

Good idea...I was also thinking of the tiger parks/farms in the initial IPO.

I am ready to start my own business. I need volunteers for the digestion of beans, because I will not do it myself.

I need professionals for this.

Together we will make a fortune..

Edited by balo